Yorkshire Post comment on praise and grumble

51 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

I’m skeptical about this until Monday and we all should be but I am equally concerned at the amount of people who will just flat out believe what the club says about absolutely anything. It doesn’t make you a better fan if you don’t question anything don’t worry.

There will always be fans on both sides in these situations. There are plenty who always take a stance against the club no matter what.

I am sceptical purely because we have seen players with leg braces, we have seen evidence players we have had surgery and most of all how many professional footballers would agree to feign injury, including during a transfer window where they could leave the club, which could damage their career as teams might not want to buy them if they have had a long term injury.

Additionally if this was true it is deception on a massive scale and no player would ever want to sign for us again and I cannot see that many players being a part of it and not saying something about it publicly (and I don't mean to a random fan and then posted on facebook).

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why are people so surprised that people speculate, imagine, discuss, debate all kinds of stuff from all viewpoints and opinions on a forum?

lol

No surprise here but I'm surprised given it's a supporters' site that a minority only EVER offer the above when it in some way reflects negatively on the club the supposedly support.

It's weird.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IF , IF there is any weight to these rumours, what might be interesting is if players begin to trickle back to the first team  because there are not enough games left in the season to reach certain milestones.

3 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear ..

The caller to PoG mentioned the Newpaper report ....  I cannto remember if it was Buchan or the caller who mentioned the £7m, but it was for last year.

Ta

Its available to stream now

am gonna listen and write on here word for word 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Vaughan said:

IF , IF there is any weight to these rumours, what might be interesting is if players begin to trickle back to the first team  because there are not enough games left in the season to reach certain milestones.

you dontdon’t know what the milestones are 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, trevdi9 said:

mmmmmm poor tink got slaughtered for this ,funny that

I need to take exception to this Trev!!!

It's "this, funny" not "this ,funny" my wife does that, it does my head in... lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stockyowl said:

As the original post was 8 pages in without anyone stating was was actually said, now the thread is closed, I heard and will repeat for those that didn't

Yorkshire Post will publish full details of payments to due to Westwood, Hopper, Fletcher, Hutchinson but not Forestieri, details of what the amounts are when they play a certain amount of games. The figure quoted was £7 million.

Jonathan glossed over it and didn't question it.

See what happens Monday

Someone has obviously leaked documents to the YP if they are printing it . They will have run it by their lawyers before they print . It would  explain the bizarre " injury crisis " 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There might not BE an article

The club have flat out totally denied it's anything other than injuries

All this arguing over something that might not even happen on Monday

Crackers

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why are people so surprised that people speculate, imagine, discuss, debate all kinds of stuff from all viewpoints and opinions on a forum?

I have no idea. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

you dontdon’t know what the milestones are 

I know .... but if player x needs 8 more games to trigger an appearance bonus of some kind ... and he shows up with 7 games to go..

All good conspiracy stuff...

Edited by Vaughan

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

No surprise here but I'm surprised given it's a supporters' site that a minority only EVER offer the above when it in some way reflects negatively on the club the supposedly support.

It's weird.

Because that what makes the news

always has done

Same as the bloke who sits next to you thinks Reach is crap and the other bloke thinks he's messi

Its a bloody football forum

Not a bloody laboratory

• Haha 1

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Someone has obviously leaked documents to the YP if they are printing it . They will have run it by their lawyers before they print . It would  explain the bizarre " injury crisis " 

But are they? is there even an article? 

Seriously.