Yorkshire Post comment on praise and grumble

4 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Have to disagree pal, with a fit Westwood we’d be a good 6 points better off ..... having said that GK is our strong suit !

Impossible to say...he might not have dropped the testicles widsmith has but he might not have made some of the saves he has either

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Yes exactly; the more players come back & play for the team; the more the rumours look incorrect.

So now Westwood has backed up the claim by the FAI that he is nearing being ready for playing are you accepting the daft conspiracy theory about him falling out with us and being held back from playing and him not wanting to play etc are all proven to be rubbish?

29 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Clubs can’t (or to be more accurate mostly can’t) withdraw a player from an international squad. It’s as simple as that. Big clubs don’t have special dispensation, all clubs are subject to the same rules.

Clubs can request the players FA to sparingly use them, or provide medical proof etc. Most international associations will want good relationships with clubs so will work with them.

This is correct

FIFA and UEFA rules state that any player reported to be injured may be compelled by the national association to attend for medical assessment by the national medical staff - the clubs cannot refuse if the association demands the player attend

There are very very few exceptions and would generally relate to a player having emergency medical treatment, having a serious illness or a life crisis such as bereavement etc

1 minute ago, scram said:

This is correct

FIFA and UEFA rules state that any player reported to be injured may be compelled by the national association to attend for medical assessment by the national medical staff - the clubs cannot refuse if the association demands the player attend

There are very very few exceptions and would generally relate to a player having emergency medical treatment, having a serious illness or a life crisis such as bereavement etc

Cheers @scram

Can't we have an "It's probably absolute Bu11shit" section on OT where stuff like this is posted, at least then people can pretend that they kind of thought it was b*ll*cks the whole time and we don't look like a community from the Appalachian Mountains.....for anyone unsure on the geography, think DELIVERANCE....

Edited by Morepork

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Maybe owlstalk put the frightners on yp from printing it :biggrin:

Thanks for lining up the next conspiracy theory Tinks.... lolAs an aside, I once travelled through the Appalachian Mountains and met a guy who wanted to introduce me to his wife and sister. When I entered the room there was just one person there.........

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Will69 said:

So now Westwood has backed up the claim by the FAI that he is nearing being ready for playing are you accepting the daft conspiracy theory about him falling out with us and being held back from playing and him not wanting to play etc are all proven to be rubbish?

We all have to evaluate every rumour according to the evidence available & our intuition.

If Westwood comes back into the team & see out his contract; then rumours of a fall out look incorrect - unless a reconciliation.

My guess us that; ALL isn't exactly as it seems with ALL our injured players. 

I suspect a few of our senior players; lost faith with the SWFC Medical team; due to the known changes made by Carlos.

Appearances for swfc 

Westwood 133

Hooper 64

BB 98

Hutch 84

FF 68

If there was any truth in the rumour some injured players were intact close to an appearance bonus, surely the number of appearances would be significant, say 100 or 150 etc. Looking at those above only B.B. fits into that category, unless appearance bonuses are set at random numbers like 70 or 140 etc

7 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Can't we have an "It's probably absolute Bu11shit" section on OT where stuff like this is posted, at least then people can pretend that they kind of thought it was b*ll*cks the whole time and we don't look like a community from the Appalachian Mountains.....for anyone unsure on the geography, think DELIVERANCE....

"Squeal like a pig Boy"

R4V0G.gif

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Thanks for lining up the next conspiracy theory Tinks.... lolAs an aside, I once travelled through the Appalachian Mountains and met a guy who wanted to introduce me to his wife and sister. When I entered the room there was just one person there.........

Sure you wasnt  in Barnsley ? 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

We all have to evaluate every rumour according to the evidence available & our intuition.

If Westwood comes back into the team & see out his contract; then rumours of a fall out look incorrect - unless a reconciliation.

My guess us that; ALL isn't exactly as it seems with ALL our injured players. 

I suspect a few of our senior players; lost faith with the SWFC Medical team; due to the known changes made by Carlos.

Unbelievable.

So people who understand the finances said it was fake news you still wanted the conspiracy.

The Steering Group reported the club had openly stated to fans and the press it was unfounded and you still believed the conspiracy.

The FAI respond to the rumours and you say you don’t believe them and still believe the rumour. This is despite people who know their beans such as Scram telling you point blank the facts of how call ups and assessments happen.

Westwood himself has now pretty much confirmed he is almost ready and is coming back for club and country and you STILL want to look for a conspiracy.

All in all I’d go as far as to say this is unabashed wumming.

Talking of conspiracies my friend said that Harry Kane would go off injured fairly early in the Spurs match today.

My friend does a lot of scouting for a few different Southern teams and in particular Arsenal.

Good guess or is he psychic ?

44 minutes ago, Morepork said:

We could, but it would probably get stale pretty fast:

It would just be the same handful of posters who pop up and spread metaphorical poo on the walls with unsubstantiated tabloid bait posts, interspersed with occasional posts that say "debate the post, not the poster" whenever an unsuspecting or unwitting person wanders into that section and posts "what is all this flipping nonsense?" because they don't know any better!

Edited by Indoor Owl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Will69 said:

So people who understand the finances said it was fake news you still wanted the conspiracy.

The Steering Group reported the club had openly stated to fans and the press it was unfounded and you still believed the conspiracy.

The FAI respond to the rumours and you say you don’t believe them and still believe the rumour. This is despite people who know their beans such as Scram telling you point blank the facts of how call ups and assessments happen.

Westwood himself has now pretty much confirmed he is almost ready and is coming back for club and country and you STILL want to look for a conspiracy.

All in all I’d go as far as to say this is unabashed wumming.

This thread is for serious wumming, unwummers should start their own wumming thread. Suggested thread title 'Are some players faking fitness'

Interlopers should be aware, you are being monitored...

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

We could, but it would probably get stale pretty fast:

It would just be the same handful of posters who pop up and spread metaphorical poo on the walls with unsubstantiated tabloid bait posts, interspersed with occasional posts that say "debate the post, not the poster" whenever an unsuspecting or unwitting person wanders into that section and posts "what is all this flipping nonsense?" because they don't know any better!

Trust me - anyone who dared question Chansiri in the first couple of years was pounced upon with sneers, insults and get back t'Lane poo . They are the ones who have turned things nasty. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2