Yorkshire Post comment on praise and grumble

2 hours ago, Will69 said:

Westwood was sent to see a surgeon who perhaps said he didn’t need surgery or didn’t need it yet. That’s easy enough to use a bit of common sense to work out.

As for the FAI, they called him up to be able to assess his injury, so that they can plan for the future regards his availability (and i assume to help his recovery). They have publicly said so.

If you don’t want to see the simple explanations you don’t want to, but it really is simple.

Yeeeeez meneeeez, the ROI don't have to allocate him a squad place to assess his medical condition.

So you think there are no other issues with Westwood and he'll play for us again?

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

Yeeeeez meneeeez, the ROI don't have to allocate him a squad place to assess his medical condition.

So you think there are no other issues with Westwood and he'll play for us again?

How do you know they don’t need to call him up to assess him? Are you privy to the players, our club and the FAI insurance policies regards injuries to a player whilst under their care? Are you privy to the courtesies offered by the FAI to squad players in terms of keeping their players happy? Are you even aware that he was only named in the PROVISIONAL squad?

Why would the FAI cover for us??? It doesn’t even make sense!

12 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Breaking News ROI and SWFC conspiracy theory.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

DXx9WB5VQAAu36c.jpg.10257c2a22855091506834da857878ab.jpg

Yep I've read the ROI release.

They believe Westwood has a chance of being fit for an international squad in 1 weeks time; yet we've had no news/signs that he is ready for the SWFC squad.

Not odd at all coupled with many rumours that all is not right between KW & SWFC.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Have you heard the call?

It's literally just a throwaway comment

Seriously cannot understand why this thread even went over one or two replies

lol

Because some fans are insane?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Why is this even being discussed when there's been no article at all?

lol

Its a load of rubbish anyway, in recent years the Post has gone out of its way to represent all Yorkshire, Jay has been spearheading backing Sheffield residents over Sheffield Council only this weekend. For a West Yorkshire based paper formally called the Leeds Intelligencer it does well covering South Yorkshire news. People just love being all anti media and it’s origins as a paper make it an easy target.

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

They believe Westwood has a chance of being fit for an international squad in 1 weeks time; yet we've had no news/signs that he is ready for the SWFC squad.

Not odd at all coupled with many rumours that all is not right between KW & SWFC.

You read it that way, fair enough. You take what was a feel good story, our player showing signs he is getting better and turn it into a crazy conspiracy.

Thats your opinion no matter how mental it is. Fair enough.

5 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

No it would be one on the end of the nose ,For this 100% Leeds supporting paper ,Get em sued.

As i say , that would make us as bad as McSue . No thank you. 

18 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Someone on radio Sheffield said there was though..

just sayin' lol

Someone also rang up radio Sheffield and said Snodgrass was a cheating cun............................  

Oh, hang on.................................................. Yeah lol 

I suppose we can allow for the occasional caller to be right lol 

FFS

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Will69 said:

How do you know they don’t need to call him up to assess him? Are you privy to the players, our club and the FAI insurance policies regards injuries to a player whilst under their care? Are you privy to the courtesies offered by the FAI to squad players in terms of keeping their players happy? Are you even aware that he was only named in the PROVISIONAL squad?

Why would the FAI cover for us??? It doesn’t even make sense!

If ff can fly round Europe for 5 months seeking the advice/treatment of various medical proffessionals; I'm sure Westwood would be able to see the ROI medical team, without them having to allocate him a playing squad place.

Read the ROI release; they are giving him every chance to make the squad. He hasnt even featured in any of ours.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

If ff can fly round Europe for 5 months seeking the advice/treatment of various medical proffessionals; I'm sure Westwood would be able to see the ROI medical team, without them having to allocate him a playing squad place.

Read the ROI release; they are giving him every chance to make the squad. He hasnt even featured in any of ours.

Ohh kay.

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

No you're right all is ok between Westwood & SWFC, the fact that he may well make the ROI squad before an SWFC squad means nothing.

Ohh kay.

27 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

What rumours?

17 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

No you're right all is ok between Westwood & SWFC, the fact that he may well make the ROI squad before an SWFC squad means nothing.

Keep clutching. It's far from uncommon.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelseas-eden-hazard-handed-belgium-callup-before-playing-first-chelsea-game-a3620201.html

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/09/29/vincent-kompany-called-up-by-belgium-after-getting-injured-in-the-last-international-break/amp/

Edited by Hitcat

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What rumours?

They have been a few rumours over the last 2 months that SWFC & KW have fallen out.

I don't believe them. With the ROI believing KW may be fit enough to make their squad; I fully expect to see Westwood back playing for us.

• Haha 1