Yorkshire Post comment on praise and grumble

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, Owlstastic said:

Huge benefit for the club finances. No chance we are paying appearance or promotion bonuses any time soon. 

However if you read the accounting note it says the players are due those payments solely by being at the Club on certain dates. 

Now I Don't know if we should take that note literally or not. I draft said notes on occasion as part of my job and all I will say is that there is a skill in saying something but not saying anything. 

5 minutes ago, sheffwed4ever said:

Wow just wow. How people can beleive any of this is beyond me. We are talking serious allegations here, Fraud really. There injured!!! End of story 

Why is Westwood in the prov ROI squad; no no word that he is near to being in the SWFC squad?

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
Just now, sheffwed4ever said:

Wow just wow. How people can beleive any of this is beyond me. We are talking serious allegations here, Fraud really. There injured!!! End of story 

Not sure where you get the fraud part from. Club and player freely sign contract, if it includes certain clauses all parties have agreed to it. If one party chooses not to play a player so not to invoke an appearance bonus that was always a risk the player should have known. There would be no guarantee on said player making appearances 

We as fans have no guarantee within our season ticket terms that the Club will pick it's best players each game. 

I attempt not to use the generalisation ‘we’ when discussing the club that I have supported for circa 65 years, and have in the past, been called a troll by one of the forum’s knuckle draggers for my efforts. I totally disassociate myself with the current negativity that is consuming the club, the supporters can seriously damage the psyche of the players, forget the mysteries of the board room and get behind the team.

:luhukay:

Edited by optimisticowl
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Do you really believe that are no non-injury influences behind the absences of ANY of our players?

One's just been announced in a prov international squad!

Do you really see us playing a side again with all of Westwood, Hooper, Lee et al?

I believe that Hirst isn't being allowed to play as DC told us this.

Westwood will be lucky to be available before end of the season. 

Fletcher be 7/8 weeks before he's potentially back in full training.

Rest of players I go with DC, KM, JOS & Bannan that there injured rather than some looney on Radio & then the usual were all doomed crowd on here.

You honestly think all those mentioned above would blatantly lie about the injury situation & DC would risk relegation to save a few quid?

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

DXx9WB5VQAAu36c.jpg.10257c2a22855091506834da857878ab.jpg

No no that's not right even ROI management are in on it.

It's one massive conspiracy just ask Tinkerbell, Farrell, Zzmdu & a few others on here ask em quick though before they fall off the flat earth we live on.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Rather than trashing the thread & dishing out laughing emojis, why not tell your opinion.

Jos told us 3 weeks ago Westwood was seeing ' a doctor in London', for possible surgery.

3 weeks later,  no sign of surgery & a place in the ROI prov squad. And no news of his return to the SWFC squad.

What do you make of this?

Westwood was sent to see a surgeon who perhaps said he didn’t need surgery or didn’t need it yet. That’s easy enough to use a bit of common sense to work out.

As for the FAI, they called him up to be able to assess his injury, so that they can plan for the future regards his availability (and i assume to help his recovery). They have publicly said so.

If you don’t want to see the simple explanations you don’t want to, but it really is simple.

46 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Hopefully that’s that put to bed then. Thanks for posting.

IN RESPONSE TO THE CALL UP OF KEIREN WESTWOOD TO THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND PROVISIONAL SQUAD

FOR THE INTERNATIONAL WITH TURKEY,THE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION OF IRELAND IS AWARE OF HIS CURRENT STATUS IN RECOVERING FROM INJURY.

THE IRELAND MANAGER SPOKE TO KEIREN ABOUT HIS RECOVERY AND WANTED TO INCLUDE HIM IN THE PROVISIONAL SQUAD TO GIVE HIM EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE THE CAMP.

KEIRENS SITUATION WILL CONTINUE TO BE MONITORED BY THE F.I.A MEDICAL TEAM IN CONJUCTION WITH MEDICAL PERSONELL AT SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY, AHEAD OF THE FINAL SQUAD BEING CONFIRMED ON SUNDAY,MARCH 18

Conspiracy eh...WAKE up SHEEPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 8

35 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I just copied it from the Westwood thread!

:duntmatter:

So many threads covering the same things. Don’t know where I am any more. Conspiracies and more conspiracies. There weren’t any Russians at the game yesterday were there? Only joking of course Vladimir. FFS. Presume he reads Owlstalk as well.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

So many threads covering the same things. Don’t know where I am any more. Conspiracies and more conspiracies. There weren’t any Russians at the game yesterday were there? Only joking of course Vladimir. FFS. Presume he reads Owlstalk as well.

He does...Ive read some of the stuff he Putin

• Haha 1