George Hirst banned from playing for the first team

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Loving these posts of 'just sign the contract George' and 'play him anyway Jos'

lol

Let's stay in the real world

We're (just) venting, mate. :biggrin:

However, what could Chansiri do if Jos played him and he didn't know? Sack the guy afterwards? Yep, could do that and would look an even bigger clueless chairman than he does now. I think I'd do it, just for the LOLZ.

Edited by Owl Be Back
  • Haha 1

Just now, Owl Be Back said:

We're (just) venting, mate. :biggrin:

However, what could Chansiri do if Jos played him and he didn't know? Sack the guy afterwards? Yep, could do that and would look an even bigger clueless chairman than he does now. I think I'd do it, just for the LOLZ.

lol

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, CadTheOwl said:

For every correct decision Chansiri has made and every welcomed act such as investment, there have been several decisions or acts which have royally p1ssed off Wednesday fans. There are two sides to every story yes, however when we never get a clear picture as genuine supporters, Chansiri will be faced with a greater wrath which is gathering momentum in a quick fashion.

100 % agree., Imo he has made many more bad decisions than he has good. 

Sean Clare and Jordan Thorniley were in the same boat - until we really needed him. 

I'd argue we've needed Hirst for months - but the situation is that sour he's still being frozen out. 

I'd still be staggered if Clare is here next season

Can a player actually be "banned" from the first team?  Obviously there won't be anything contractual, if a player falls out with a manager then the manager can just say "you're banned" and then not pick him for the team, but what's the legality of the chairman just saying "no you're not allowed to play"? Especially if the manager actually did want to pick him.

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Can a player actually be "banned" from the first team?  Obviously there won't be anything contractual, if a player falls out with a manager then the manager can just say "you're banned" and then not pick him for the team, but what's the legality of the chairman just saying "no you're not allowed to play"? Especially if the manager actually did want to pick him.

It's the Chairman's club now

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Hold on - so when Jos was asked last week whether Hirst was ready to be selected he just “he hasn’t played for 8 months, we must be patient”... now he’s saying he’s not allowed to pick him. What’s changed in a week?!

Probably had a Skype call with Mr Boss Man between now and then

Jos won't be here next season too by my reckoning. He'll do his best to keep us up then walk. Self-preservation

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

100 % agree., Imo he has made many more bad decisions than he has good. 

He definitely has and most of them have all come at once on reflection. The great work and generosity he has shown from investing in our club unfortunately will be forgotten by a large proportion of owls due to the shabby day-to-day operations we conduct.

I think I am slipping in to that large proportion.

he Owls Under-23s return to PDL2 action today at Middlewood Road.

Neil Thompson’s side take on Crewe with kick-off at 12 noon.

Owls duo Joost van Aken and Sam Hutchinson could be involved for the club’s Development Squad as they step up their recovery and edge closer to a return to first team action.

Following Tuesday’s clash with Ipswich, manager Jos Luhukay said: On Thursday, we hope for Joost Van Aken and Sam Hutchinson to play for the Under-23s and then very soon be an option for us.”

Supporters are welcome to lend their support for the Under-23s at today's game.

Owlstalk Shop