George Hirst banned from playing for the first team

Two sides to the story of course, so perhaps people can just step back a little before pulling the implosion cord. 

But i do find it bizarre that he's not allowed to play. Regardless of the contract situation and what's gone on. He's a young footballer who might just give us another option in a depleted and dejected squad......we need f***ng players !

seriously what the fizz is going on at our club. DC get your poo together and stop being a spoiled brat. He's contracted to the club until the end of the season and if there was anytime to try something different it'd be now. 

What a flipping shambles. 

Edited by mozzy85

I'd like to know who decided to ban him and why, especially considering the lack of options the manager has. I don't care what has happened previously, the lad should be a playable option for the manager. No excuses. Can only be Chansiri as if it was a self-imposed refusal to play it would be stated as such.

Edited by Owl Be Back

He's a contracted footballer, so can play for the club at any level.  But "somebody" has "banned" him from playing for the first team even though he's the most promising footballer we've produced in 40 years, thus giving him no incentive to stay once his contract's up?

What a clusterfuckomnishambles this club is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I hope someone does ask him, and keeps asking him until we get a satisfactory answer. If nothing else him getting some game time and scoring a few goals can surely only help the situation.

Why didn’t they just take the money for him, if they aren’t prepared to play him, despite having to pay him Then we are just expected to accept that we couldn’t strengthen the squad back in January, due to FFP restrictions The way this club wastes money, you couldn’t make it up

Got to be something to do with a appearance in the first teams means he is payed money. nothing else makes sense. not even that does, not like he is going to be on a million pound bonus with his next first team appearance probably be about 25 grand.

Madness. If I were Hirst, and Luhukay for that matter, I’d get out before I ruined my career any further.

Also begs the question, if he can’t play for the first team in any circumstances why the hell are we playing him in the under-23s when we could be giving someone else a chance.

All I hear in my head when I think of the club at the moment is circus music.