George Hirst banned from playing for the first team

Just now, jonnyowl said:

Leave.

But he hasn't got a CV to suggest he should be paid the amount he is apparently asking for.

Supposition innit. How do you know what he's asking for, and how do you know what he's being offered? I, like you, suspect we're offering too little and they're asking too much, but without definitively knowing the numbers it's impossible to say which party is being the more unreasonable when it comes to contract negotiations. What I do know is, freezing a teenager out for over half a year is very poor form- regardless of any breakdown in negotiations and relationship that may have occurred. 

What if...

Having been prevented from playing and training properly all year George's agents have said "Do not play for the first team now that they need you after mucking you about all year, until they give you what you want"

It doesn't seem to have been said explicitly that the club are stopping him. I don't see the point in the club changing their stance on U23 and not 1st team.

• Haha 1

Chansiri's handling of conflict and differing opinions has been very poor since he's been here.

Due to his money and family name and the culture in Thailand, I'm sure he gets and is used to a lot more "respect" (or yes men), from people in George's and the fans position.

But we have a different culture here, and as he is the one who has decided to buy a football club in this country/culture, it's up to him to adapt. This whole affair seems very petty.

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No tabloid title mate - it's the truth

And the press/radio haven't got back from the press conference yet

Watch their articles as they're posted I bet they're more critical than I am

Not having a go Neil.

It's just that "banned" seems a very emotive word to use to describe a situation that has been ongoing all season.

Still, It's good for the advertisers. WTF:

12 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Simple fact is this has been the case for the entire season. We've all known it. No point getting your knickers Inna twist about it.

99% sure him and Clare will be off. That's the bottom line. 

We move on.

Why not Bob ?............................this has been handled appallingly badly by DC and the club, surely we have the right to be angry / question why ?

Guest Bulgaria
5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Supposition innit. How do you know what he's asking for, and how do you know what he's being offered? I, like you, suspect we're offering too little and they're asking too much, but without definitively knowing the numbers it's impossible to say which party is being the more unreasonable when it comes to contract negotiations. What I do know is, freezing a teenager out for over half a year is very poor form- regardless of any breakdown in negotiations and relationship that may have occurred. 

It has to be something personal thats gone off between Hirst senior and the chairman. 

Did David not get into a barnie with a club employee or summat?

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Loving these posts of 'just sign the contract George' and 'play him anyway Jos'

lol

Let's stay in the real world

Should we break the wage structure on one player and not expect any backlash from others?

Chansiris stance on banning him is wrong but should we really break wage structures for academy players?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Is that what people do at their jobs these days?

The point I’m making is that if the club hierarchy are interfering in first team squad selection, that completely undermines JL as a manager.

Managers have walked out of jobs for less (I’m not saying that is what JL should do here).  But it’s disappointing to hear that even though he’s the club manager, JL doesn’t have final say on who plays for the Owls.

There’s so much that is completely wrong about the whole setup at the club IMO.

Forgive me for going against the tide, but I believe that the situation at present is that George has refused to sign any contract with the club. Te rights and wrongs of this can be debated till kingdom come, but I can only assume that he has been offered a contract which he has refused to sign. Whether this contract is good or bad is immaterial. What matters is that, at this particular moment in time, the club cannot register him with the FA /FL as a contracted player.. If the club cannot or has not registered him thus, and played him, they would be in breach of some  regulation and as such could /would be penalised for playing a non-registered player.

As for contracts, it has been published that he has refused a contract. This must be because he considered the offer too small,and/or the club considered he wanted too much.

Anyway, where does he play? Centre back? Yes the attack needs strengthening, but not as much as the defence. The way we are playing at the moment he will need to be scoring 4-5 per game to have any effect.

7 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Never known a player get 40+ goals in a season including at England level get frozen out of playing by the clubs owner before. 

All at youth level, played against league 2 team and couldn't handle it, if he supposedly loves Wednesday as much as people on here claim, he'd have signed the contract that he was offered and proved he deserved more, not have his daddy yell abuse

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Simple fact is this has been the case for the entire season. We've all known it. No point getting your knickers Inna twist about it.

99% sure him and Clare will be off. That's the bottom line. 

We move on.

The point is that WE DON'T MOVE ON.  We move bloody backwards at an ever increasing rate, and if something drastic isn't done soon to correct the situation we will be like the Lucificundra bird and fly round in ever decreasing circles until we vanish up our own muck tubs.

Someone needs to get down from their high horse and come to their senses before the club self-destructs. - season ticket renewals will be the first sign of that.

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

It has to be something personal thats gone off between Hirst senior and the chairman. 

Did David not get into a barnie with a club employee or summat?

Eh, I dunno, you don't know... but I think it's very hard not to infer that there's at least some personal beef in the whole affair. You've always been a smart poster on here, you'll have a better inkling than me... I'm a slightly autistic idiot :biggrin:

I'm relatively certain that it isn't just as simplistic as "contract" though

2 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Should we break the wage structure on one player and not expect any backlash from others?

Chansiris stance on banning him is wrong but should we really break wage structures for academy players?

He got 40 goals against some kids last season ,impressive yes.but apparently we should be offering good wages on the chance he might turn out good

3 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Anyway, where does he play? Centre back? Yes the attack needs strengthening, but not as much as the defence. The way we are playing at the moment he will need to be scoring 4-5 per game to have any effect.

Remind me again how we're doing at scoring goals recently

Owlstalk Shop