George Hirst banned from playing for the first team

Does anyone know the real reason he cannot play, if the journalists know, surely this has filtered down to some fans?

I love this club, and I really want to see Hirst junior sign a contract, so if he wants first team money then give him a crack till the end of the season. If he doesn't look out of place and scores a load he deserves the contract and first team wage parity surely? Nothing to lose. It boils down that Chansiri doesn't want to lose any face in this situation, surely the club should matter more.

13 minutes ago, erowl said:

DC won't like being fronted up at the steering group meeting.

It needs putting on him and let him squirm.

Wouldn't be surprised if he left the meeting if he's confronted.

To be fair he’s more likely to talk about it for five and a half hours than walk out.

To some extent you can say he has gambled. It nearly worked. He seems up for covering losses.  We can go again, learning from what has happened.

But.  If this story is true it is a disgrace.  (And I am not even sure that Hirst is first team material).  It is deeply stupid. It is other things too, but it is deeply stupid.  It joins the 150 year anniversary commemoration (just lame and at times embarrassing) and the fiasco of the hyperlate shirts as things that are not about the bad luck inherent in sport.  Rather they are foolish decisions predictably leading to bad outcomes.

Simple fact is this has been the case for the entire season. We've all known it. No point getting your knickers Inna twist about it.

99% sure him and Clare will be off. That's the bottom line. 

We move on.

2 minutes ago, jerseyowl said:

Does anyone know the real reason he cannot play, if the journalists know, surely this has filtered down to some fans?

Doesn't always work like that mate

Some Journo's have great relationships with players, their agents, their families etc and will know exactly what the score is 

They might even sometimes get told by the club officials but asked not to publish it

All kinds of scenarios but it' the case

Owlstalk Shop

Everything coming out of the club at the moment seems shambolic.

The Hirst situation is just laughable.  Young striker with a bit of potential, out of contract in a couple of months; we’ve got a squad depleted by injuries with a lack of available forwards.  Hirst gives us a different option at a time when that could come in handy.

If the manager doesn’t think Hirst is good enough to be starting, that’s fair enough. But for that decision to be made above Jos’ head, in the situation we are in now, shows a complete lack of good judgement.

I am afraid the people at the top of our club couldn't run a bath, let alone a football club.

There isn't a single part of our club being run correctly at the moment - we are broken.

I renew every single season without fail - I'm going to have to have a hard think over the next week or so about whether I will or not.

38 consecutive years there hasn't been a decision a make, you just renew and cheer on the boys, but for the 1st time ever I don't think the club represents me anymore, I feel no affinity with it all. Even under DA who I hated with a passion, there was always Sturrock, and the young lads coming through like Brunt and Whelan. But what do we have now, a dour Glove Puppet of a manager, with his arms tied behind his back - whilst Multi-Multi-Millionaires trot out occasionally whilst barely breaking a sweat.

150 years to get to this? Do me a favour....

Edited by royalowlisback

4 minutes ago, jerseyowl said:

I love this club, and I really want to see Hirst junior sign a contract, so if he wants first team money then give him a crack till the end of the season. If he doesn't look out of place and scores a load he deserves the contract and first team wage parity surely? Nothing to lose. It boils down that Chansiri doesn't want to lose any face in this situation, surely the club should matter more.

That would make to much sense, something our owner doesnt seem to have a great deal of.

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Simple fact is this has been the case for the entire season. We've all known it. No point getting your knickers Inna twist about it.

99% sure him and Clare will be off. That's the bottom line. 

We move on.

Many fans have chosen not to believe it though and instead have attacked whoever posted it, this site or anyone else rather than actually believe it

It's a relief that Jos has now finally just said it straight (he's a very honest man is Jos)

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Sean Clare and Jordan Thorniley were in the same boat - until we really needed him. 

I'd argue we've needed Hirst for months - but the situation is that sour he's still being frozen out. 

I'd still be staggered if Clare is here next season

Odd that we are prepared to play Clare despite the fact he is unlikely to sign a new contract but not Hirst. I'd guess there's more to this than meets the eye.