George Hirst banned from playing for the first team

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think fair enough if managers judgement George Hirst not good enough for first team football.

But I disagree with Chairmen meddling in first team selections and telling manager not allowed to pick the player.

That's football now, dc won't be first and won't be the last chairman to want to be in charge of everything 

The results on the pitch are more important that personal disagreements and contracts. He is on our books and we desperately need goals and wins. If the club and Hirst can't put their differences aside for the common goal of survival then how is the rest of the squad feeling. I don't want to sheer panic as I feel a win on sat may go a long way, BUT we are on one downward spiral as a club currently.

1 hour ago, Owl Be Back said:

We all need to start questioning Chansiri's ability to run this football club. More and more evidence is mounting that he can't and that he's a problem. Throwing some money into the pot doesn't mean he is beyond criticism.

Spot on.

3 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

the lad is Unproven yet and has done nothing but play with the under 23's  no one knows if he could or would make the cut ,going out and  learning the trade as others have done would stand him in great stead and at least let the club and him know if there is a viable asset in there ,to be honest if he wasn't Davids lad would we still be having this convo , truth is it is to big a risk to put an untried youth into the first team in the situation we are in and expect him to come up with the goods and save our season

This ,finally some sense

raw.gif

24 minutes ago, darra said:

This is the $64 question. Listening to a discussion on the radio a while ago on youth players academies and why not many make it. There were some ex players on the panel saying that the difference in levels of skill pace etc is huge and some youth players just can't handle the step up

What are those flats in your pic? The old Woodside ones??

This is an issue where I think the fans can make a difference.  GH is one of us. We need to make every effort to show him support - social media, letters etc. Everything is wrong with this: 1 the club’s advisers should be smart enough to do a deal; 2. Jos needs to be able to pick whoever he wants if they’re good enough; 3. we want a team full of our own talented lads to storm this league next year.  This is a young lad who’s been badly advised. The mess they’ve made of this really highlights poor off field management at the club

Hang on a minute. We are paying customers into this sorry state of a business, SWFC PLC or whatever they want to call it.. We have a situation whereby personalities are preventing us from getting value for money from this company when we may have resource to delivery such value.

Surely this alone would warrant an investigation by the Football League if the complaint was put to them. It appears that suspicions about DC picking and choosing who plays has resurfaced. This club can go to f88king hell after the manager knowing this is asking the fans to get behind them. Bo88ocks. Whether GH is up to playing at this level or not is not the issue, but to have the contract drawn up to prevent him furthering his process is nothing short of short changing the paying supporter and immoral.

Having said that, I was also led to believe some weeks ago the issue stemmed from his father (big gob David) that he was disengenious ( I think that's how you spell it) towards the chairman by not shaking his hand when they first met.. That's fine. Kick him out, ban him from the premises but don't take it out on his offspring and the paying customer. 

3 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

This is an issue where I think the fans can make a difference.  GH is one of us. We need to make every effort to show him support - social media, letters etc. Everything is wrong with this: 1 the club’s advisers should be smart enough to do a deal; 2. Jos needs to be able to pick whoever he wants if they’re good enough; 3. we want a team full of our own talented lads to storm this league next year.  This is a young lad who’s been badly advised. The mess they’ve made of this really highlights poor off field management at the club

Chants of we wants George Hirst on Saturday????

Guest Ash76
54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Many fans have chosen not to believe it though and instead have attacked whoever posted it, this site or anyone else rather than actually believe it

It's a relief that Jos has now finally just said it straight (he's a very honest man is Jos)

Thats not true, I’ve not seen anyone discredit the claim he can’t play for the first team.

What people have said is that why should we pay him more than we can afford. Nothing has really changed here but I am of the opinion that if Jos wants to use him he should be afforded that.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

George HIrst.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.08.49.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.09.11.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.09.25.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.09.34.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.09.43.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.09.51.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.10.37.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.10.45.jpg

Great stats for youth level and he has real potential.

But so have a lot of youngsters and haven't went on to anything.

But nothing above youth level.

If he was demanding the wages of a first team player then we rightly said no.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Great stats for youth level and he has real potential.

But so have a lot of youngsters and haven't went on to anything.

But nothing above youth level.

If he was demanding the wages of a first team player then we rightly said no.

Yeah

I'll just listen to you mate and ignore everything he's done and everything everyone in the game is saying about him

You carry on just dismissing it all

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

the lad is Unproven yet and has done nothing but play with the under 23's  no one knows if he could or would make the cut ,going out and  learning the trade as others have done would stand him in great stead and at least let the club and him know if there is a viable asset in there ,to be honest if he wasn't Davids lad would we still be having this convo , truth is it is to big a risk to put an untried youth into the first team in the situation we are in and expect him to come up with the goods and save our season

"if he wasn't David's lad" is becoming a meme on here.

It's absolute drivel.

Remove the name if you want to, and if it makes you feel better. Lets look at it independently.

We have a young English striker who has scored goals at a fantastic rate at every single level he has played at throughout his development, including several levels of the English national side set up.

We are a second division team that struggles for goals, is on utterly dismal form and faces the very real prospect of relegation. Other players called up from the same youth system have come in and looked promising, contributing with fine performances and even the odd goal in trying to help the team.

The way this situation has been handled by the club is f*cking disgraceful. Chansiri likes to talk about business when it comes to fleecing fans for the disgustingly priced, exploitive ticket and merchandise. Maybe he should stop running it like a two-bit, mickey mouse operation in every other way then.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yeah

I'll just listen to you mate and ignore everything he's done and everything everyone in the game is saying about him

You carry on just dismissing it all

No need for that attitude at all.

I've actually praised him saying he has done great but we still need caution as we don't know how things will pan out.

If you want to take that attitude to debate then theres no point really.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

George HIrst.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.08.49.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.09.11.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.09.25.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.09.34.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.09.43.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.09.51.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.10.37.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.10.45.jpg

all with under 23's and younger  bar one debut sorry Neil needs to blooded with a league first team on loan and learn his trade in the lower leagues ,sorry but the gulf between the first team and youth teams is a big one

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

No need for that attitude at all.

I've actually praised him saying he has done great but we still need caution as we don't know how things will pan out.

If you want to take that attitude to debate then theres no point really.

Can he do any worse than Rhodes is