Rob Staton covering SWFC accounts and FFP on Radio Sheffield

2 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

It needs to be teamised,,Monday is for Wednesday..tuesday for Barnsley n blunts,,Wednesday for donny and rovrum...Thursday and friday back to us..we don't need to listen to these local tinpotters every flippingnight

Why can't Wednesday be for Wednesday. Lot less confusing.

Totally off topic but I used ti have a t- shirt back in the day with our old Owl logo on that said "Wednesday every day of the week". We should sell them in the Megastore. 

Would fly off the shelves...:tango:

There's some crowing on here about Villa's financial plight - losing £6 million per month - so it may a good time to remember our finances.

Especially as we look forward to new signings and loans.

Last financial year, we lost £1.72 million per month.

However, we don't have Villa's saleable assets like Grealish who they are asking £30 million for.

And Conor H. must be worth £10 mill now.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

There's some crowing on here about Villa's financial plight - losing £6 million per month - so it may a good time to remember our finances.

However, we don't have Villa's saleable assets like Grealish who they are asking £30 million for.

Did you see the news coming out today players like Lansbury/McCormack on £40,000 a week and get pay rises in their contract if the club is promoted even though they never play.

Villa have made some massive mistakes to try and get back up.

I know a few Villa fans and its them you feel for, this could set Villa back 5-10 years a big big club now in the brown stuff because of a chairman that only saw the riches of the Premier League to manage the team properly

2 hours ago, fred mciver said:

The difference being Villa were importing 5 to 6 million pounds per month just to pay their monthly outgoings not including HMRC, money owed to other clubs (about £30m) or to service their loans etc.

Edited by Triple O
typo

3 hours ago, fred mciver said:

I think with Grealish, clubs will know full well Villa's plight ,and as such will offer no way near that sort of cash for him. But, I take the point of them having saleable assets. Apart from Connor H of course. I think players will be on the phone to their agents using similar words to "get me the roger out of here"

12 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

How do you think we are paying our monthly outgoings?

Think you are missing my point.

I know DC puts in circa £20m last year but Villa would have been unable to operate at all and funding was hand to mouth drip fed into them. They owe big time for other things not just HMRC. Our situation is miniscule in comparison.

Edited by Triple O

17 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

How do you think we are paying our monthly outgoings?

I’m not sure the Chinese government will be as proactive in stopping money leaving Thailand as they are with money leaving China.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Their losses are something like 5/6m a month. 

In relative terms a few sales could probably address our position. We don’t need a 30m player to do it.

2 hours ago, Triple O said:

I know DC puts in circa £20m last year but Villa would have been unable to operate at all and funding was hand to mouth drip fed into them. They owe big time for other things not just HMRC. Our situation is miniscule in comparison.

We’d have been unable to operate at all without that £20m from Chansiri.

if Chansiri said he was putting in no more money do you think we could easily make £20m of savings?

On 01/03/2018 at 20:50, Lichfield alien said:

It needs to be teamised,,Monday is for Wednesday..tuesday for Barnsley n blunts,,Wednesday for donny and rovrum...Thursday and friday back to us..we don't need to listen to these local tinpotters every flippingnight

Well done me..I can't remember posting this..but agree with everything I said :CEO:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Triple O said:

Minuscule? For the last set of viewable accounts (2016/17) the figures say otherwise. Villa’s wage to turnover ratio was roughly 83% for that season. High, but ours was 126%! Incredibly that was not the highest ratio in the Championship either!

Meaning Wednesday spent significantly more money on wages alone (and that’s before other expenses like Rhodes transfer etc for this season) than the club made throughout the whole season.

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Their losses are something like 5/6m a month. 

In relative terms a few sales could probably address our position. We don’t need a 30m player to do it.

A few sales could address the position? Really? What assets could the club sell to make tens of millions of pounds if it was really needed?

In 2016/17 the club lost roughly £15m, who knows what the figures will be for last season. Wages will have risen, turnover likely won’t have risen by enough to cover that additional shortfall, and £10m+ was spent on van Aken and Rhodes.

Anyone that isn’t concerned by the clubs  potential financial position has their heads firmly buried in the sand. We need to hope Chansiri continues to cover any shortfalls because the figures aren’t sustainable