SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

What a shambles.

I'm not in the slightest bit surprised though. He's totally out his depth.

I feel for anyone who's bought a five-year season ticket. It's going to be back to signing the Stevie May's of this world.

Ah well, it was fun for nine months.

8 minutes ago, Watson said:

So if you believe something does that make it accurate?  

If someone believes in fairies does it make it accurate? 

I am just trying to be helpful. Can anyone tell me why we never sell any players (apart from the obvious not good enough).

No problem with you questioning my statement and my information could be inaccurate but I pretty confident it is not.

Edited by Wakefield owl

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Depending on how much money he wants to put in. 

He's the owner at the end of the day. 

If he doesn't put the money in then it all goes t*ts up, but then that was pretty much the case from day one. 

well yes the first bit would imply that surprised to see that implied 

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

It's what we call in Latin coverus arsus. :biggrin:

Basically the auditors have had some doubts. Well if they looked at those accounts and didn't they would be doing a rubbish job. So many indicators that a business operating at that level could easily go bust. 

However this note and there is a similar one in the accounts says it is sustainable because DC says he will provide enough funds to do so. However it clarifies that there is no legal obligation for him to do so.

Anyway what it says to me is Don't become an unsecured creditor by e.g. getting a multi year season ticket. 

Exactly This is the very point I've made a couple times about this 5 year thing and plaque thing 

I've been an unsecured creditor  it means say bye to your cash 

41 minutes ago, mkowl said:

figure that caught my eye was 4m shown as trade creditors due more than a year. I can only think it is transfer instalments as not sure what other supplier would be happy to wait more than 12 months to be paid.

Doyen's commission? We owe them for player transfers don't we?

Guest mkowl
3 minutes ago, vulva said:

The theory that more or less every single one of our first team, all the big earners, are out long term injured, is ludicrous in my opinion. It hasn’t added up for months, and I’m convinced the story will break eventually. 

Without access to contracts and their medical records then simply we will never know

However their basic weekly wage is going to be the biggest outlay come what may. So if the choice is to pay them a lot not to contribute anything or pay a bit more for them to play which would you choose. Your better players might actually win games and get fans paying on the gate

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

If all you've got is "I'm not the son of self-made billionaires, therefore the money Chansiri is pumping in must be his own from his own successful business ventures", then we're royally f00ked. 

I really don't get it? Why are we royally f00ked? I'm really sorry but I just don't get it?

People on here saying we are going under? No way.

Are TUG in trouble? Why are we worrying?

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

The theory that more or less every single one of our first team, all the big earners, are out long term injured, is ludicrous in my opinion. It hasn’t added up for months, and I’m convinced the story will break eventually. 

suppose if a pic of fletcher and hooper playing volley ball on a beach somewhere were leaked we might have an inkling 

fairly sure Lee injury isn't in question in fact I doubt we see him again but fingers crossed 

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Doyen's commission? We owe them for player transfers don't we?

Yes excellent point 

I professionally think these are soft loans but there is history with BHP when MM was here of these type of transactions being disclosed within accrual or trade creditors

Forced myself through this thread. People taking liberties with the facts on both sides of the argument. 

Main points for me,

Its in line with what I expected to see, that’s not to say I like or agree with it.

Debt is debt in relation to FFP but debt via a loan from the only shareholder is not comparable to owing money to the bank.

We’ve already been told albeit not directly that the club will be treading water next season, utilising youngsters. There will be players leaving, Reach is a sure thing to leave irrespective of our financial situation. Only another brush with promotion could have held him here.

The survey told us that the descision to cut investment in the event we stay up will be sold to us as being inline with fan expectation. It sowed the seed.

I’ve been supportive of the owner because I maintain the belief that his actions are well intended. This season has seen us lurch from one crisis to another, some unlucky but many self inflicted. Issues like the kit the anniversary and even cakeball.... all seem like distant and unimportant issues given our current predicament. 

The powers that be simply must do better,  they have to!! Anything less than a major turnaround in the way all aspects of the club are managed will be unacceptable to fans and unforgivable to many.

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Forced myself through this thread. People taking liberties with the facts on both sides of the argument. 

Main points for me,

Its in line with what I expected to see, that’s not to say I like or agree with it.

Debt is debt in relation to FFP but debt via a loan from the only shareholder is not comparable to owing money to the bank.

We’ve already been told albeit not directly that the club will be treading water next season, utilising youngsters. There will be players leaving, Reach is a sure thing to leave irrespective of our financial situation. Only another brush with promotion could have held him here.

The survey told us that the descision to cut investment in the event we stay up will be sold to us as being inline with fan expectation. It sowed the seed.

I’ve been supportive of the owner because I maintain the belief that his actions are well intended. This season has seen us lurch from one crisis to another, some unlucky but many self inflicted. Issues like the kit the anniversary and even cakeball.... all seem like distant and unimportant issues given our current predicament. 

The powers that be simply must do better,  they have to!! Anything less than a major turnaround in the way all aspects of the club are managed will be unacceptable to fans and unforgivable to many.

A very reasonable summary. 

Echo your views. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, vulva said:

As MK says it's plausible - but i doubt DC would chose the risk of relegation as the lesser of two evils.

I think the bullying by certain members against @Watson is a disgrace. He’s just an owl trying to put a positive spin against a bunch of negativity from agitators and undercover blunts but this is what he gets. You all need to have a look at yourselves you children.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Guest mkowl
9 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

"What we call in Latin"......:tango:

FFS.

It was an eye to a recent thread Steelowl started 

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Without access to contracts and their medical records then simply we will never know

However their basic weekly wage is going to be the biggest outlay come what may. So if the choice is to pay them a lot not to contribute anything or pay a bit more for them to play which would you choose. Your better players might actually win games and get fans paying on the gate

No no, they're all on pay to play contracts and have just agreed to pretend they're injured because facts. 

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

IMO it's not the high profile signings like Rhodes that have got us into this position, but rather the cumulative effect of signing many, many bang average players who were not needed.  Granted, there are some who would put Rhodes into that category.  

Aye, Carlos wanted lots of players instead of having a smaller, fitter squad which could play more games.

10 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

I really don't get it? Why are we royally f00ked? I'm really sorry but I just don't get it?

People on here saying we are going under? No way.

Are TUG in trouble? Why are we worrying?

I'm not suggesting we'll go under.

But going under isn't the only bad thing that can happen.