SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Serious question

Couldn't D-Taxis buy the naming rights to the stadium for 20 million?

I"m really struggling to see what's stopping Mr Chansiri doing what he said he wanted to do and splash the cash including just going for it, breaching FFP and paying the fine off

Is there anything he can do in the above ideas?

I thought that but did some digging and unfortunately, you can't.  You can only raise a certain percentage.

Typical of our luck we finally get a sugar daddy but the powers that be won't let him spend his dosh.  

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I really really truly don't understand you

I've got no beef with you and when you're talking football you're a good read

But you seem intent on self-destructing in unhappiness with these kind of posts and posts about other members

Just use the ignore facility, ignore the members you want to ignore and have a happier time instead of getting all angrymad all the time!

:rolleyes:

I'm not angrymad.

I'm trying to add some balance.

For whatever reason it doesn't suit this site right now.

Yeah fair enough mate

I just can't see what the blockage is to Mr Chansiri finding SOME way of splashing the money he says he wants to splash

Even if he pays the going rate for it, then other sponsorships etc until reaching the required amount to trade freely

I suspect he's got a team of people thinking of ways to do that - however he needs outside contribution there are rules against connected interests - not that he has any thing to do with our sponsors 

really wish he come out and say I had a go in fact went all in we failed  so we all had to accept a couple of years like this years 

then I can have another go 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah fair enough mate

I just can't see what the blockage is to Mr Chansiri finding SOME way of splashing the money he says he wants to splash

Even if he pays the going rate for it, then other sponsorships etc until reaching the required amount to trade freely

FFP doesn't prevent him throwing money at the academy or buying a new training ground.

Does the fact that these haven't happened make you think FFP is an excuse for lack of further investment?

8 minutes ago, markowl said:

You'll get your posts deleted next.

Unless you're sniping at the chairman or still discussing Carlos, then challenging the  whingers on here is frowned upon.

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Indeed. 

If he actually provided some form of analysis or insight then fair enough. 

He never does, never will do. 

3 minutes ago, Watson said:

Defend the club and be accused of being in the pay of DC.  As if that's an insult.

Let's have a ceasefire

Everyone (including myself) agree to shake hands, take it back to basics, and just discuss football/swfc and not the members, each other or the site as I really cannot stress enough how dull it is for the casual reader logging on to read this kind of stuff

It's a Sheffield Wednesday site - let's get back to disussing the club

Deal?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, markowl said:

I'm not angrymad.

I'm trying to add some balance.

For whatever reason it doesn't suit this site right now.

You're not a moderator

If you were a moderator I'd understand (and ask you to do it via PM)

Let's crack on with the football stuff and not this stuff 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Spot on.

Great feature, and saves stalking individual posters instead of discussing the topics.

I couldn't do without it.

I only asked for a list of your genuine questions.

Go on.

Humour me.

You're not a moderator

If you were a moderator I'd understand (and ask you to do it via PM)

Let's crack on with the football stuff and not this stuff 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I've sent you 2 private messages that you have ignored.

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

These accounts are absolutely meaningless, did people honestly believe we weren’t going to lose shitloads given the money spent?? I didn’t hear any conversations or read any posts on message boards questioning the state of the club as we walked up Wembley way. 

To be fair mate, over that period we "only" lost about £9m, which is well within the £13m average per season. Can't complain of mismanagement when we'd spent within the FFP means and gained 6 places from it.

Everything since then has managed to snowball out of control

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

Typical of our luck we finally get a sugar daddy but the powers that be won't let him spend his dosh.  

He could improve the academy or buy a new training ground. Why won't he if he wants to invest more?

If the accounts are as bad as these are why did we not take the £15m Derby offered for Fessi, yes the fans would have been unhappy but when we are this much in the poo, that's £15m + the saving on his salary.

This is the sort of thing being said when DC does not know what he is doing. You still have to run a club to either make a profit or cover your costs. Neither of which we are doing.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah fair enough mate

Perhaps he's had the plug pulled on his own budget?

FFS.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Is that a yes or no to the above suggestion on how we can all get on?

I reserve the right to challenge people in a non abusive/threatening way.

If that doesn't suit you then delete my account.

Just now, Geoffrey said:

He could improve the academy or buy a new training ground. Why won't he if he wants to invest more?

That's what's worrying.

Lots of ways he could have, but instead he seems more interested in the fans paying more or getting the kit made cheaper.

Hopefully all just a learning curve.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

If the accounts are as bad as these are why did we not take the £15m Derby offered for Fessi, yes the fans would have been unhappy but when we are this much in the poo, that's £15m + the saving on his salary.

This is the sort of thing being said when DC does not know what he is doing. You still have to run a club to either make a profit or cover your costs. Neither of which we are doing.

I think Fessi is seen as the single handed route to promotion

Owlstalk Shop