Rhodes

Jim

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

No denying he’s been a huge waste of money.

Whether that’s down to him not been up to it and also is not playing to his strengths I’m not sure.

We never play the ball in front of him ffs. When he does peel wide in the box he has put in a few decent balls. You can see him often on the shoulder and we turn backwards or go sideways.

He used to create more himself elsewhere but the ball was played for him to move on to. Either shift and hit, knock last a defender and hit or get across a defender. Now it’s long balls or back to goal. 

Also think his confidence is shot to poo. Arm round him, remind him what he’s capable of. You don’t just lose that half a yard or instinct to score at his age. 

Does he need to improve himself? 10 fold yes.

Does he need better service and like others the ball played at pace ahead of them? Yes.

I’d give him a full pre season. If he doesn’t show signs of improving then it looks like it’s time to cut out losses.

Such a shame

Agree with a lot of that but in games like tonight I just don't see the point in picking him. We were never going to play to the strengths of what he was once effective at and his confidence is so low that he is unable to contribute anything meaningful outside the box. 

There's no point at all giving him a run of games either if the run of games involve us playing defensively and not getting players into the box or midfielders and wide players creating chances in the penalty area for him, his confidence will only continue to ebb away that way. 

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Agree with a lot of that but in games like tonight I just don't see the point in picking him. We were never going to play to the strengths of what he was once effective at and his confidence is so low that he is unable to contribute anything meaningful outside the box. 

There's no point at all giving him a run of games either if the run of games involve us playing defensively and not getting players into the box or midfielders and wide players creating chances in the penalty area for him, his confidence will only continue to ebb away that way. 

Can’t really disagree with that. 

Never wanted a Wednesday player to succeed as much as Jordan. Hopefully it’ll turn. 

With the the current injury list, style of play (which I understand), I just don’t see it happening.

Pre season will more than likely be his last chance. Up to him to grasp it and force the mangers hand.

9 hours ago, Northampton Owl said:

The problem with Rhodes is service. He gets none and isn't the type of player that will create a goal. Not his natural game. Whilst we've got the likes of buttercup and Jones in midfield who won't create then he's gonna seem useless

He's had service, problem is he keeps missing 

6 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

You’re the disgrace, that lad bleeds blue and white. He puts the shirt on and always puts out 100% while you no doubt sit at home with curry sauce dripping down your vest screaming at the radio. Leave him alone ffs he’s a good player he just needs a few years to acclimatise to the  way we play.

Bloody hell hilarious that mate 

• Haha 2

Guest Grez Bez

I think he needs to change his game and be more adaptable like what Hooper has. Needs to work on strength and bulk up a bit.

I think he'd do ok with Reach and Clare behind him. Two creative energetic midfielders...

If Jos offered him a place on a decisiveness course he wouldn’t be able to decide whether to attend it or not. He doesn’t appear to understand that the more shots at goal he has, the better his chances of scoring are, for god’s sake Jordan take the chance, even if it misses by a yard it’s far better than hoping that someone else will take responsibility.

10 hours ago, Bukta said:

Sorry to say but I called this.

Those who called this were in the minority but so obvious to see that he had lost any youthful zest and that he would turn out to be an insanely expensive mistake which would cloud our transfer dealings for the foreseeable. 

Blackburn are still suffering from the 8m hangover and at least he put the ball in the net for them. 

Add this to Abdi 4m, Jones 2m, Fletcher / Boyd insane wages and paying over the odds for JVA / Pudil and no wonder we're fooked financially. 

Basically wasted 50m incl wages on absolute Sheit. 

44 minutes ago, Iveco said:

Can I ask you something? Have you ever played football? First of if all what service did he get ? Second point do you know what a byline is ?

Well said mate. Was constantly getting in between defenders and getting on their blind side but to no avail as the pass never came.

People who slate him just don't understand football. Was the least of our problems last night.

Edited by Emilianenko
  • Haha 1

Rhodes did try last night and got booked for his frustrations. 

As as a striker , the Wednesday set up last night is going to mean you see little of the ball and are just chasing shadows and defending from the front and trying to hold the ball up or make runs down the channel. 

What was was clear last night is that Wednesday do not produce any crosses into the box and Rhodes’ game is all about converting crosses. Let’s look at the recent stats for getting crosses into the box - I bet we are the worst in the league.

As a striker you would not want to play for Wednesday in the current style. 

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

To be honest if someone offered 1.5 M in the summer i would take it like a shot, we may as well all get used to the fact that we are gonna get no return on our huge investment in this guy either on the pitch or off.

Think I would let him go for free just to get him off the wage bill.

Last night was no different to how he has played in the vast majority of games for Wednesday.

Yes we might not play to his strengths, yes he may be short of confidence.

But when you accept big wages comes with a responsibility to perform. Not every game as that is unrealistic but certainly a lot more then we have seen from him.  

Guest Grez Bez
24 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think I would let him go for free just to get him off the wage bill.

Last night was no different to how he has played in the vast majority of games for Wednesday.

Yes we might not play to his strengths, yes he may be short of confidence.

But when you accept big wages comes with a responsibility to perform. Not every game as that is unrealistic but certainly a lot more then we have seen from him.  

I never get why people get obsessed with wages

A) You don;t know what he is on

B)  Its not your money

Just enjoy the football side