Rhodes

Jim

27 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

The scapegoat again

Although absolutely zero chances created, Butterfield gives the ball away every time he touches it, Jones just as bad, Boyd offers nothing, Loovens just fouls his man, Joao didn’t touch the ball second half but yes it’s Rhodes fault

wasnt one of them that got any credit tonight

Plenty of players besides Rhodes getting stick tonight. He’s not a scapegoat.

What summed up Rhodes performance was that free kick.

Perfectly curled at a snails pace into the keepers arms right in the middle of the goal. 

Totally unacceptable from an £8m striker.

Thats the sad reality. 

Edited by RichSheffWeds

Rhodes has a track record of scoring goals. As a result, he will always have clubs after him. We won’t get our money back, but someone will gamble. 

In terms of clearing the decks, Rhodes isn’t the problem. Let’s see how much we get for Abdi, Fletcher, Mattias etc, and even FF, who’s value has dropped by around £7m since he did his knee. 

He’s not the problem. EVERYBODY in football knows he’s a box player. If he had Snodgrass supplying him instead of Reach, he’d have more goals. He plays in a formation that doesn’t suit his style and it’s knocked his confidence

The only thing I’ll say about Rhodes is he’s not the only to blame, half that team tonight no way near good enough 

but Rhodes cost 10 mill & is our highest paid player wages wise, so he’s going to come into more criticism 

does anyone think when hooper, fessi & fletch are back that he even gets on the bench? 

Not a prayer, league 1 player if I’m being generous 

Guest Bulgaria
4 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

Oh great, another Jordan Rhodes thread. 

its a swfc forum,

would you prefer a discussion on gardening?

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

He was no worse than 8 or 9 others tonight. He doesn’t look fit, and all our problems this season can be put down to preseason.

I’m convinced Boyd has got some kind of lead shot in his boots. I keep wanting to speed him up on Sky Plus.

Loovens has aged 10 years in 6 months. He needs putting on an intensive course of Sanatogen.

Butterfield just isn’t good enough. He doesn’t want to be here either. A bit like Jos who appears to have lost interest very quickly. 

Thought Joao led the line well.  

Agree with everything apart from Joao, I thought he was woeful tonight and I'm his biggest fan. 

And may I add he's been excellent in recent games. Just seems to me his head goes down too quickly when things aren't going his way. 

24 minutes ago, Northampton Owl said:

The problem with Rhodes is service. He gets none and isn't the type of player that will create a goal. Not his natural game. Whilst we've got the likes of buttercup and Jones in midfield who won't create then he's gonna seem useless

While I'll agree with you bud can I verbally neg you for still having a Carlos profile pic, since the captain ran the ship into a big iceberg then Stole a lifeboat and did one lol

• Like 1

Rhodes, if he hasn't already needs a good few sessions with a sports psychologist. He looks all at sea and appears to have absolutely no confidence in what he has been doing. This has been the case since 'penalty gate' in the play-offs.