Rhodes

Jim

I would stick with him, I would love to play 10 games with the team below, think he would thrive.

Westwood

Venancio.         Lees.         Pudil

Clare.           Hutchinson.         Bannan.         Reach 

Forestieri

Hooper.                Rhodes

44 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

The scapegoat again

Although absolutely zero chances created, Butterfield gives the ball away every time he touches it, Jones just as bad, Boyd offers nothing, Loovens just fouls his man, Joao didn’t touch the ball second half but yes it’s Rhodes fault

wasnt one of them that got any credit tonight

Joao was the only threat , he actually made space and got shots away as for Rhodes being a scapegoat !!! Sorry he’s just never going to be good enough , this thread is about him , but others are as bad

3 minutes ago, nicko87 said:

Agree with everything apart from Joao, I thought he was woeful tonight and I'm his biggest fan. 

And may I add he's been excellent in recent games. Just seems to me his head goes down too quickly when things aren't going his way. 

Ehy ? You're his biggest fan but in another thread you're calling him deadwood?

"I also refuse to blame Jos, the guys struggeling to field a fit 11. The best we can hope for is to avoid relegation, clear some deadwood -

Boyd

Abdi 

Rhodes

Joao 

Fox

Palmer 

Loovens 

Wallace 

Hutchinson (always injured) 

Nuhiu

and rebuild in the summer"

Yes I thought it was a bad move then. I was baffled at Boro forking out £10m and it seemed even more stupid that we would pay anywhere near that after the year he'd had for Boro and given our 6 other strikers! Mental signing, never liked him, didn't get it then certainly don't get it now.

1 minute ago, briggowl said:

Yes I thought it was a bad move then. I was baffled at Boro forking out £10m and it seemed even more stupid that we would pay anywhere near that after the year he'd had for Boro and given our 6 other strikers! Mental signing, never liked him, didn't get it then certainly don't get it now.

It made even less sense when we'd just signed Winnall a day or so before. 

Just now, Walt said:

Ehy ? You're his biggest fan but in another thread you're calling him deadwood?

"I also refuse to blame Jos, the guys struggeling to field a fit 11. The best we can hope for is to avoid relegation, clear some deadwood -

Boyd

Abdi 

Rhodes

Joao 

Fox

Palmer 

Loovens 

Wallace 

Hutchinson (always injured) 

Nuhiu

and rebuild in the summer"

He's had his time with us. He's not a "young lad" anymore he's had nearly 3 years with us. I can assure you that if I had to single out one player of ours to succeed at Wednesday it'd be him. 

I just feel if we are going to seriously push for promotion next season then he isn't good enough from what I've seen so far. At times he can be but there's no consistency. 

Same how I feel about Hutchinson, love this guy but he's always injured. Can't have players like this anymore, unreliable. 

Work ethic compared to Joao is like chalk and cheese. Just seems to be waiting for the perfect pass or cross and even then he is more likely to miss. Doesn't seem confident with ball at his feet. At times looked disinterested tonight when he had everything to play for. I think at best he may well just be a div 1 or 2 player now.

2 minutes ago, nicko87 said:

He's had his time with us. He's not a "young lad" anymore he's had nearly 3 years with us. I can assure you that if I had to single out one player of ours to succeed at Wednesday it'd be him. 

I just feel if we are going to seriously push for promotion next season then he isn't good enough from what I've seen so far. At times he can be but there's no consistency. 

Same how I feel about Hutchinson, love this guy but he's always injured. Can't have players like this anymore, unreliable. 

CC had his favourites and didn't give many outside the clique a chance. Joao has been given a fresh start under Jos and has looked consistently good considering we create very little. Seems a strange time to be getting shut of him when he's actually starting to perform for a manager that actually believes in him. Have faith he'll destroy League 1 in our promotion push!

Waste of money. I’ve wanted to give him a big chance to come god but afraid it ain’t gonna happen. 

Cant run. Lightweight. No idea. 

Need to cut our losses but don’t think get even 2/3 mill back. Give Hirst chance before him. 

Dave miles better player. 

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Who’d have thought when we signed him that we’d be saying over a year later that

signing him has arguably one of the biggest mistakes we’ve ever made?

I actually think there were quite of few of us who questioned the signing - I was very against blowing our transfer budget on him.

Apart from a deluded few we realise now but let's give the guy a break and stop posting about him.

Can't keep on defending Rhodes when he offers absolutely zilch up top ...

needs a pacy player alongside him and others to do the graft and lay on the chances for him

but at the moment, the way we've set up under Carlos and Jos .. it just aint happening

a shadow of the player that terrorised this league years ago

so upsetting :sad::sad::sad:

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Who’d have thought when we signed him that we’d be saying over a year later that

signing him has arguably one of the biggest mistakes we’ve ever made?

The signing was a clear mistake from the moment it looked like it was actually happening. But I didn't expect it to be so bad. 

No denying he’s been a huge waste of money.

Whether that’s down to him not been up to it and also is not playing to his strengths I’m not sure.

We never play the ball in front of him ffs. When he does peel wide in the box he has put in a few decent balls. You can see him often on the shoulder and we turn backwards or go sideways.

He used to create more himself elsewhere but the ball was played for him to move on to. Either shift and hit, knock last a defender and hit or get across a defender. Now it’s long balls or back to goal. 

Also think his confidence is shot to poo. Arm round him, remind him what he’s capable of. You don’t just lose that half a yard or instinct to score at his age. 

Does he need to improve himself? 10 fold yes.

Does he need better service and like others the ball played at pace ahead of them? Yes.

I’d give him a full pre season. If he doesn’t show signs of improving then it looks like it’s time to cut out losses.

Such a shame

7 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

We never play the ball in front of him ffs. When he does peel wide in the box he has put in a few decent balls. You can see him often on the shoulder and we turn backwards or go sideways.

This, admittedly, is a massive factor in his poor form - and whatever else he's guilty or not guilty of, that's 100% not his fault.

7 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Also think his confidence is shot to poo. Arm round him, remind him what he’s capable of. You don’t just lose that half a yard or instinct to score at his age. 

Does he need to improve himself? 10 fold yes.

Does he need better service and like others the ball played at pace ahead of them? Yes.

I’d give him a full pre season. If he doesn’t show signs of improving then it looks like it’s time to cut out losses.

Such a shame

All of this too, he definitely deserves that proper 'all things being equal' chance before he's written off. His record is no fluke.

He came to us shot to pieces, and nobody put in the work to polish him up again. He's like a valuable heirloom left out in the shed, going rusty and losing value by the minute as things stand. Worst of all, he clearly desperately wants to make it work, and not just for his own vanity like a lot of players.

Edited by Mr. Tom

3 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

He’s an absolute disgrace of a footballer, didn’t even try tonight, absolutely sick of him, I hope to Jesus he’s not here next season, pathetic excuse for a £10 million footballer, all you that stick up for him need to give your head a wobble, he’s a compete waste of space 

You’re the disgrace, that lad bleeds blue and white. He puts the shirt on and always puts out 100% while you no doubt sit at home with curry sauce dripping down your vest screaming at the radio. Leave him alone ffs he’s a good player he just needs a few years to acclimatise to the  way we play.

Edited by Rebowl Yell
  • Haha 4