Rhodes

Jim

Guest Grez Bez
3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Sorry forgot all Wednesday games are free to get in.

You do realise you aren't buying a share in the club when you buy a ticket?

When you watch a film do you worry about how much the actors are paid?

1 minute ago, LSOwls said:

Yes

When club gives its spiel about the 'Sheffield Wednesday Family' and 'I cant take the club into the Premier League without the fans help' and asking fans to dig deep into they pockets for multi year season tickets again when last multi year season tickets have not yet run out. Then I don't think its surprising a few will question how much money the club has wasted.

Yes no one is holding a gun at anyone's head to buy anything but they do play on peoples loyalty at times.

Edited by matthefish2002

7 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

A very naive way to see this. The film analogy is particularly strange. It's not like you go and see the same film once a week for six months, is it? OF COURSE fans going to games help pay the wages of the players they are watching and hence should be concerned with how much they are being paid. How can you argue against such a straight forward concept? 

Edited by Almat

33 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

I never get why people get obsessed with wages

A) You don;t know what he is on

B)  Its not your money

Just enjoy the football side

What a bizzare post,,,you do realise we pay more than anybody else in this league so we can sign players like Rhodes and pay him massive wages..that's what dc tells us anyway:duntmatter:

I do feel for Rhodes, as I am not sure what we or he can do to get him back scoring goals.

He is clearly not good at taking free kicks or pens so has no use there.  He also doesn't seem capable or willing to take shots out of the box so you can forget screaming the odd one in from distance.

As a defender, he must be so easy to play against.  He has no pace to get in behind and run onto anything, therefore you can march him up the pitch as a centre back knowing the opposition cant knock it over you onto the grass behind as Rhodes wont get there.  That leaves you with dealing with him on crosses either in open play or set plays.  He makes decent in box runs, and actually isn't too bad in the air, but any centre back of more than 6 foot ish will beat him in the air assuming it isnt a breakaway goal or the defender makes a mistake and loses him.  

There are very few circumstances he will have a scoring chance.  They are:

1.  A bad defender mistake ie a slip or just missing marking (norwich at home last season a good example).

2.  His strike partner has taken out at least two defenders and has a cross pass on to an unmarked Rhodes

3.  The midfield has got into the box and taken out a defender to release Rhodes

4.  A miracle tippy tappy move that wrong foots the defenders a la Villa away.

You might as well throw Hirst into the team alongside Joao.  

I would send Rhodes on holiday, let him forget this season completely, and come back and have one final crack at it pre season.

Guest Grez Bez
19 minutes ago, Almat said:

A very naive way to see this. The film analogy is particularly strange. It's not like you go and see the same film once a week for six months, is it? OF COURSE fans going to games help pay the wages of the players they are watching and hence should be concerned with how much they are being paid. How can you argue against such a straight forward concept? 

Good point regarding the film.

25 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes

When club gives its spiel about the 'Sheffield Wednesday Family' and 'I cant take the club into the Premier League without the fans help' and asking fans to dig deep into they pockets for multi year season tickets again when last multi year season tickets have not yet run out. Then I don't think its surprising a few will question how much money the club has wasted.

Yes no one is holding a gun at anyone's head to buy anything but they do play on peoples loyalty at times.

I understand that but ultimately the financial side shouldn't be something to worry about as a fan. What we pay as fans yes; what they do with the money not so much.

I'd like to see the % of income ticket prices are for SWFC.

14 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

What a bizzare post,,,you do realise we pay more than anybody else in this league so we can sign players like Rhodes and pay him massive wages..that's what dc tells us anyway:duntmatter:

What everyone else pays is irrelevant to this argument.

Massive mistake the signing of rhodes but lets not forget we all wanted him at the time, I just cant understand why we signed winnall who was looking okay and having already having quite a few strikers why spending around 8m on another one.

Looking back it was a huge mistake but easy to say it now.

I just hope JR can turn it around because im genuinly gutted for the lad.

13 hours ago, Dylan93 said:

He’s not the problem. EVERYBODY in football knows he’s a box player. If he had Snodgrass supplying him instead of Reach, he’d have more goals. He plays in a formation that doesn’t suit his style and it’s knocked his confidence

How is Snodgrass gonna supply him with balls when our top boys have snapped his legs like they’ve been promising?

• Haha 1

Whatever the reason, and I suspect there are several dimensions to it, Jos should be brave enough to end his season now.  He cant offer anything in the starting line up or coming off the bench and him playing like this is just making us and him worse. 

Give the guy 4 months off, don't let him kick a football.  Let him come back 1 July and have another crack at it.