Tottenham leading Everton, Leicester And Southampton in race to sign Sean Clare

11 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Its just a recent example though, there are hundreds of others I could have given instead.

The point is that if SC continues to give high quality performances, of course he is going to attract tempting offers from clubs higher up the league pyramid than ourselves.

I don’t get why fans are falling over themselves to dismiss this story as ‘agent’s work’.  Is it because they don’t want to hear it?

I think it's mainly because agents seem to be far more concerned with how much money they can get rather than benefits for the player they represent.

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I think it's mainly because agents seem to be far more concerned with how much money they can get rather than benefits for the player they represent.

I fully agree.  Doesn’t mean that there is no truth in this story.  Clare was fantastic against Derby and Villa.  He’s still very young.  And because he isn’t contracted to us beyond this summer, clubs can sign him for a pittance.

Why wouldn’t those clubs want to sign SC?

18 minutes ago, Watson said:

You make football management sound so easy

I thought the post you quoted by @room0035 made a lot of sense and raised some valid points.

Nowt wrong with constructive criticism.  Let’s face it, it’s not like the club haven’t made any mistakes these last three years.

• Haha 1

As a young player do you go to a top Premiership team on lots of money and risk getting lost in the crowd of other young hopefuls or do you go to/stay at a club on less money but get regular games to really learn your trade?

20 hours ago, JanikowskiSWFC said:

That's another 30k added to the contract offer then

20 hours ago, Sonny said:

Well done Sean Clare’s agent. You work those contacts boy. 

Precisely. This is straight from the agents' playbook. Likely baseless rumours for extra leverage during contract renewal talks.

18 hours ago, prowl said:

As a young player do you go to a top Premiership team on lots of money and risk getting lost in the crowd of other young hopefuls or do you go to/stay at a club on less money but get regular games to really learn your trade?

Go to PL, get a big payrise, go out on loan to somewhere nice like Bristol

• Thanks 1

As I said in another thread, if we loose him we can blame only ourselves. Thats what you end up by offering sh1tty one year deals to your best prospects.

Should have known how good he is long before now, and had him tied on long term deal.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, malek said:

As I said in another thread, if we loose him we can blame only ourselves. Thats what you end up by offering sh1tty one year deals to your best prospects.

Should have known how good he is long before now, and had him tied on long term deal.

Who says they are offering him a one year deal?

I'm sure the club do want to sign him but if the player is hanging about for a better offer then what can the club do?

Just now, Watson said:

Who says they are offering him a one year deal?

I'm sure the club do want to sign him but if the player is hanging about for a better offer then what can the club do?

Last deal he signed was a one year deal. We should have known back then that his talent deserves better, and tied him to longer contract.

4 minutes ago, malek said:

Last deal he signed was a one year deal. We should have known back then that his talent deserves better, and tied him to longer contract.

Depends what he wanted, he might have been very happy with a one year deal.  He must be in quite a strong bargaining position now.  Especially if there is any truth in the rumours that he is attracting interest from other clubs. 

6 minutes ago, Watson said:

Depends what he wanted, he might have been very happy with a one year deal.  He must be in quite a strong bargaining position now.  Especially if there is any truth in the rumours that he is attracting interest from other clubs. 

That is likely true, but last season it was club that were in strong bargaining position, and in my opinion messes it up.

19 minutes ago, malek said:

As I said in another thread, if we loose him we can blame only ourselves. Thats what you end up by offering sh1tty one year deals to your best prospects. I presume you know for a fact that's what he's been offered ?

Should have known how good he is long before now, and had him tied on long term deal. Depends what you mean by long term deal, don't forget he was an academy prospect until he played championship football.