Tottenham leading Everton, Leicester And Southampton in race to sign Sean Clare

In all seriousness, Clare would be silly not to take an offer from Tottenham. Second best manager in England, playing for a forward thinking and progressive team - in a system that brings youth in. Brilliant chance for him. 

But its testicles, and he'll sign a new deal.

7 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

He's on our books, he's under 24 so we get a fee as long as we've offered him a contract at least as good as his last one.  

Agent probably involved here IMO, trying to get his client himself a better deal. If Jos continues to play him he'll have a better chance of first team football here, especially as Butterfield will be going back, but also because he offers height and pace in midfield where we are lacking. 

Fixed it for you :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Woodie said:

Clare has actually liked a a twitter post showing himself linked with other Premier League sides. Here we go. 

If someone posted that "Hostage is the subject of Little Mixes sexual fantasies" I would be telling people. A lot. I mean, really a lot. It really doesn't mean owt will come of it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MOwl said:

In all seriousness, Clare would be silly not to take an offer from Tottenham. Second best manager in England, playing for a forward thinking and progressive team - in a system that brings youth in. Brilliant chance for him. 

But its testicles, and he'll sign a new deal.

What young Sean has to realise though...is....

Listen young Sean...you are not gonna walk into the Tottenham side....

In all honesty, it would be like playing for the U23's at Middlewood again....Do you want that?..another year or so of it...?

If you look at what you have achieved in the last couple of months or so?

More or less cemented a place in the midfield for yourself?

Scored a goal at the hallowed halls?

Build it slowly Sean....don't get blinded by the bright lights of London yer agent is telling you about....The 7 sisters rd..is a total f.ookin' shi*hole mate...Honest...its like a cross between Page hall and Barnsley market....

Be a Spurs reserve player...Be a Wednesday legend?

Its up to you Sean....

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

What young Sean has to realise though...is....

Listen young Sean...you are not gonna walk into the Tottenham side....

In all honesty, it would be like playing for the U23's at Middlewood again....Do you want that?..another year or so of it...?

If you look at what you have achieved in the last couple of months or so?

More or less cemented a place in the midfield for yourself?

Scored a goal at the hallowed halls?

Build it slowly Sean....don't get blinded by the bright lights of London yer agent is telling you about....The 7 sisters rd..is a total f.ookin' shi*hole mate...Honest...its like a cross between Page hall and Barnsley market....

Be a Spurs reserve player...Be a Wednesday legend?

Its up to you Sean....

Or here just a thought

Next season when Bannan, Lee, Hutch, Jones, Abdi, Reach, Boyd are all in front of you in the pecking order for the midfield 3 - maybe signing that contract was not the greatest of ideas.

I do hope he stay and get first team football and some of the drains above (Abdi, Jones) are gone come next season. 

56 minutes ago, torryowl said:

just as long as they don't pick up a bad injury while playing here ..... who in there right mind  would turn down the financial security of a fat contract with a prem club .......clare's a London boy so you'd think 20-30 grand a week at spurs would be appealing to him . 

He won't get close to that having played twice for us. Calvert lewin  wasn't even on half of that signing for everton

Edited by WhiteOwl91

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Or here just a thought

Next season when Bannan, Lee, Hutch, Jones, Abdi, Reach, Boyd are all in front of you in the pecking order for the midfield 3 - maybe signing that contract was not the greatest of ideas.

I do hope he stay and get first team football and some of the drains above (Abdi, Jones) are gone come next season. 

or with Spurs having Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Dembele, Winks, Alli, Eriksen - maybe it was.

6 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

or with Spurs having Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Dembele, Winks, Alli, Eriksen - maybe it was.

I Know football is funny.

For me I would have a big clear out in the summer get the squad back to 22 ish players with kids from the development team covering any injury crisis which we hope will be minor.

But we will have to wait and see what DC plans are if they are like the last 3 years come August we will still have the over paid under performers here and we the fans will be paying for them to sit on their arses another year. 

Quite a few fans have been quick to dismiss this story as ‘unsubstantiated’, ‘agent’s work’, ‘garbage’ etc.

The thing I’d like them to answer is, after Clare’s recent MOTM performances against Derby and Villa, why would Premier League clubs not want to sign such a highly rated young English talent?

31 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I Know football is funny.

For me I would have a big clear out in the summer get the squad back to 22 ish players with kids from the development team covering any injury crisis which we hope will be minor.

But we will have to wait and see what DC plans are if they are like the last 3 years come August we will still have the over paid under performers here and we the fans will be paying for them to sit on their arses another year. 

That would be an ideal scenario but with the length of contracts and wages of some players possibly making it difficult to sell them, it could turn out expensive to fulfill.

29 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Quite a few fans have been quick to dismiss this story as ‘unsubstantiated’, ‘agent’s work’, ‘garbage’ etc.

The thing I’d like them to answer is, after Clare’s recent MOTM performances against Derby and Villa, why would Premier League clubs not want to sign such a highly rated young English talent?

They more than likely would be interested in him but more than likely as an addition to their other academy players rather than as a first team player.

He would have more chance of first team football with us at present.

3 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Player in contract talks get unsubstantiated rumour piece just before his agent goes into the room to discuss terms with his current club.....colour me shocked.

Sooner agents get banned from all involvement in football the better

Hit the nail on the head mate . Agents are parasites , and every single one of them need banning from the game permanently.

I hate them.  

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

He's on our books, he's under 24 so we get a fee as long as we've offered him a contract at least as good as his last one.  

Agent probably involved here IMO, trying to get his client a better deal. If Jos continues to play him he'll have a better chance of first team football here, especially as Butterfield will be going back, but also because he offers height and pace in midfield where we are lacking. 

NO FEE,  if he signs abroad , including Celtic (ala Dembele deal , Fulham to Glasgow).

Also, why EPL such as City, Arsenal, Leicester and Watford teams own foreign feeder clubs.

You sign a kid from around Europe, park 'em in your feeder , then send over here after a short period for nowt.

Best get Sean and Hirsty signed up.

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

They more than likely would be interested in him but more than likely as an addition to their other academy players rather than as a first team player.

He would have more chance of first team football with us at present.

I bet MK Dons fans said exactly the same when Tottenham were linked with signing their young English attacking midfielder, Dele Alli.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Captain said:

I bet MK Dons fans said exactly the same when Tottenham were linked with signing their young English attacking midfielder, Dele Alli.

Different situation though, he had made 80 plus first team appearances for MK prior to signing for spurs.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Or here just a thought

Based on his two performances I would put him behind Reach for a starting place.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Different situation though, he had made 80 plus first team appearances for MK prior to signing for spurs.

Its just a recent example though, there are hundreds of others I could have given instead.

The point is that if SC continues to give high quality performances, of course he is going to attract tempting offers from clubs higher up the league pyramid than ourselves.

I don’t get why fans are falling over themselves to dismiss this story as ‘agent’s work’.  Is it because they don’t want to hear it?

Edited by timrud

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Or what we could do is not leave it until the last minute to sign players up to new contracts.

I am pretty sure no other team lets players get to the last few months of their contracts before we start negotiating a new one. What we should have done in August is sign him to a basic 2 year deal then send him out on loan, if he does well as he has we can renegotiation him a better deal but if he says no we have him signed up for another 18 months.

But as we all know the current people in charge of our club have never placed any value on youth up until the new manager started and the over paid, past it drains on our club and team are all out injured all of a sudden these youth players cast to one side by CC and DC are not showing loyalty by signing the first contract put in front of them. 

Until we start valuing youth more young players will look after themselves before the club and I for one have no problem with them doing it. Offer him a fare contract don't try and get him on the cheap.

You make football management sound so easy