Tottenham leading Everton, Leicester And Southampton in race to sign Sean Clare

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But you don't leave it till February when the contract is out in June to start negotiating.

You don't let a player get to the last 6 months of his deal, you never let a player get past the last 18 months of his contract. take the money we are wasting on Jones, Buttercup, Loovens, Fox, Fletcher, Abdi, Matias and use a tiny fraction of it on a decent new contract for Hirst and Clare and get them tied down to a 2 or 3 year deal. 

I wasn't disagreeing with your post, just speculating on what would be considered a fair contract by the majority of money motivated agents.

Although a point on your reply, some players may only be on a 12 month contract.

Sorry to be pedantic :picnic:

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I wasn't disagreeing with your post, just speculating on what would be considered a fair contract by the majority of money motivated agents.

Although a point on your reply, some players may only be on a 12 month contract.

Sorry to be pedantic :picnic:

No worries we need to change as a club with the time, i think a lot of it is DC led he does not let his staff do their jobs without having to review everything from signing new players to paying the phone bill - he is what is commonly known as a bit of a control freak.

Let Karen do her job for the next 12 months without wanting to check everything and we might have a lot healthier squad of younger players - clear out a lt of the dross in the summer and we can start a fresh.

He has his own hashtag ffs you can tell he believes his own hype and like someone said he's liked the tweet with the article linking him to the Prem. Even more reason to get his contract sorted sharpish. The type of player who won't be fazed by pressure and who he's playing against. I'll be gutted if he doesn't sign and doesn't become a first team regular tbh

That websites so crap I doubt it's even come from his agent.

Everything they post is just complete clickbait with ambiguous headlines designed to sucker you in or stir poo up. For example, see when they write articles where the headline is a divisive and very harsh quote from one random Wednesday fan on Twitter and they imply it's the opinion of the whole fanbase

Usually they're just reposting something they read on here.

I'd implore everyone to stop clicking on their articles and reposting them on here and giving them the views and advertising revenue to keep posting their bullshit

Edited by Guest

Both Sean and (now) Hirsty  know they are at least 1  step away from this.

Yes, they'd get dosh but so did Bostock when he signed for Spurs too early (In Belgium now and even Katy left there).

No, re-sign with us, make your mark in our first team and take us into EPL.

If not , decent release clause and you'll get your dream move to Prem.

Heads or  Tails, you win.

13 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Both Sean and (now) Hirsty  know they are at least 1  step away from this.

Yes, they'd get dosh but so did Bostock when he signed for Spurs too early (In Belgium now and even Katy left there).

No, re-sign with us, make your mark in our first team and take us into EPL.

If not , decent release clause and you'll get your dream move to Prem.

Heads or  Tails, you win.

just as long as they don't pick up a bad injury while playing here ..... who in there right mind  would turn down the financial security of a fat contract with a prem club .......clare's a London boy so you'd think 20-30 grand a week at spurs would be appealing to him . 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
50 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Keep playing him and offer him improved terms. Whoever gets him will owe us money regardless. I’d rather keep him though 

100% this.(subject to how he performs when selected).

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

I though we deleting the depressing stuff?........Ive got reams of it..sat doin' nowt...cos I thought I ws gonna get snowed in..Even thats gone t *ts...i'm sat typin' this in the garden wiv the sun beaming down!!..can't even rely on "The Beast from the East" to cheer me up....FFS!

This beast from the East dont want to leave my village.... just had to rescue the cat from the garden..... he spotted a group of birds playing snowballs and tried to run after them, then got stuck as its nearly knee high.

Why is it that when it snows i get loads of sparrows picking at the snow.... i mean its reyt deep... what are they pecking at?

If there are any Ornithologists among us i would appreciate an answer. 

He's on our books, he's under 24 so we get a fee as long as we've offered him a contract at least as good as his last one.  

Agent probably involved here IMO, trying to get his client a better deal. If Jos continues to play him he'll have a better chance of first team football here, especially as Butterfield will be going back, but also because he offers height and pace in midfield where we are lacking.