MATCHFIXING

1 minute ago, Mus said:

As i posted earlier I worked in a bookies for three years and saw fixes on a regular basis.  Dog racing mainly fixed, horse racing some of it fixed, boxing, well don't get me started, but football, well it would be harder to prove, unless the ref is involved.  Makes you think after yesterday,

Football in general has so much money flowing around it that it's pretty much guaranteed that we're all just watching a pre-planned outcome all the time

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Football in general has so much money flowing around it that it's pretty much guaranteed that we're all just watching a pre-planned outcome all the time

You've just shattered my faith in football !!!

One thing is wrong in football is how refs respond to players of different teams and vice versa. Watching the rugby yesterday the ref is always referred to as sir by the players being and the players by their number. Then we have football. There was a cup replay a while back ago where it stuck out. Man Utd were playing some 2nd division side. Rooney commits a foul ref calls him over as usual Rooney ignores him so refs there shouting Wayne get here. Later other teams player commits a foul and does same. Ref could be heard shouting get here number 4. My long winded point is that things like this set a precedent in the game. 

Edited by darra

1 minute ago, darra said:

One thing is wrong in football is how refs respond to players of different teams and vice versa. Watching the rugby yesterday the ref is always referred to as sir by the players being and the players by their number. Then we have football. There was a cup replay a while back ago where it stuck out. Man Utd were playing some 3rd division side. Rooney commits a foul ref calls him over as usual Rooney ignores him so refs there shouting Wayne get here. Later other teams player commits a foul and does same. Ref could be heard shouting get here number 4. My long winded point is that things like this set a precedent in the game. 

Good point, and din't the FA bring it in a few years ago that players couldn't surround the ref and put pressure on him like Man United used to do under Fergie.  Only the captain could speak to him, bit i've noticed that its creeping back in now where they bully the ref.  The FA are so weak its laughable.

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Suggesting corruption is libellous against the hundreds of refs and assistants trying to do their best. They have a really difficult job. The game is faster than ever. Players and managers have little respect for officials. Players and managers routinely cheat to try and gain an advantage for there team. 

Secondly, if corruption was rife, don’t you think we would’ve cottoned on and we would have seen some strange refereeing performances in our favour?

Thirdly, don’t you think someone would have found proof by now and blown the whistle. 

Yesterdays ref was incompetent and favoured the “bigger” club and names (especially Snodgrass) He should be marked down by the assessor and dropped. 

However the ref didn’t concede 3 poor goals to lose the match, our defence did. I don’t include the penalty which I believe was a bad decision but the game was lost by then. 

That to me suggests cheat . Anything that involves money involves corruption to a greater or lesser scale . Villa back in the prem not only gets them a couple of hundred million but also people watching on tv would rather watch villa than some smaller club with next to no top division history . Just like they wanted West ham up there at the expense of the dark side . 

Edited by cross owl

33 minutes ago, darra said:

I would love to see the referee assessors report for yesterday's match 

ref assessor; Mr Terry Bruce 

I thought that was a pretty fair performance we  villa had good claims for another penalty I will discuss this with him later 

*please note terry bruce is fictitious and any similarity is purely coincidental 

• Haha 2

The problem with the officiating was it was not even handed. I have seen refereees have poor games before and ok one team may get the worst of it but usually both teams suffer. Yesterday it was just strange and anyone who attended must have noticed it was odd. The statistics indicate something odd happened and anybody who sees a full match replay will see some clear fouls which were not given and questionable ones that were. The ball over the line incident is interesting and the logs for this technology must be reviewed and see what happened to system at that point in game. if it showed nothing you have to think there may be a fault in system which needs correcting. betting patterns need examing on the game and for the Championship as a whole.

It has been pointed out the money at the end of the rainbow is substantial and with big money involved always have to be wary of events.

I find it difficult to understand as the bias was so obvious and could not be missed by anyone at game. I do thinkgame should be looked at and questions asked and answers given.

7 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Suggesting corruption is libellous against the hundreds of refs and assistants trying to do their best. They have a really difficult job. The game is faster than ever. Players and managers have little respect for officials. Players and managers routinely cheat to try and gain an advantage for there team. 

Secondly, if corruption was rife, don’t you think we would’ve cottoned on and we would have seen some strange refereeing performances in our favour?

Thirdly, don’t you think someone would have found proof by now and blown the whistle. 

Yesterdays ref was incompetent and favoured the “bigger” club and names (especially Snodgrass) He should be marked down by the assessor and dropped. 

However the ref didn’t concede 3 poor goals to lose the match, our defence did. I don’t include the penalty which I believe was a bad decision but the game was lost by then. 

Well actually it isn't is it...

Thats like saying if ONE cyclist in the Tour de France is taking drugs...all the others are....

Its a discussion about one individual ref....same as if it was against ONE individual Russian Athlete who took drugs

I'm not saying Swarbrick was corrupt...I'm saying he is a crap official..that crap, that accusations of corruption , followed his inept demonstration in the art of officiating....

Your point about corruption being rife?..Yea I think you are spot on..it isn't....but poor reffing is..and the pressure sometimes put on them like such as Wenger and Mourinhio pre match should be stopped....because that is cheating....and sadly its not seen as such..its just seen as another sports story....

• Like 1

Corruption is rife in every sport going as well as your general occupations.

i know an ex Olympic cyclist who 'threw' a race after the eventual winner offered him money to let him past...

i know a bloke who works at schools doing refits & he bungs the bloke a brown envelope who gets the quotes/work done so he gets the job.

It'll never be stopped.

Cash is King.

14 minutes ago, richowl said:

Corruption is rife in every sport going as well as your general occupations.

i know an ex Olympic cyclist who 'threw' a race after the eventual winner offered him money to let him past...

i know a bloke who works at schools doing refits & he bungs the bloke a brown envelope who gets the quotes/work done so he gets the job.

It'll never be stopped.

Cash is King.

Who?

I know one of the head honchos at William hill he says the bentest thing of all is the secondary tennis tournaments..forgot what they call it it's not Murray and all that mob..it's the crap players..they get people trying to wage 20k and stuff on an unknown Croatian to beat an unknown Italian 2 sets to 1 ..and it always happens:carlos:.

9 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

I know one of the head honchos at William hill he says the bentest thing of all is the secondary tennis tournaments..forgot what they call it it's not Murray and all that mob..it's the crap players..they get people trying to wage 20k and stuff on an unknown Croatian to beat an unknown Italian 2 sets to 1 ..and it always happens:carlos:.

Who?