Remember this meeting between SWFC and Aston Villa?

12 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

Anyone remember a Villa 4-0 win in 1975 (I think) when thousands of Villa fans were on the East Bank. They went up and we went down, from memory.

Certainly do pal,there was only about 1000 of us on the kop,they packed it out,it was their promotion party,my mate Spenny got a coke can full of Pish just above his eye did some reyt damage,inch lower and he wouldnt be an electrician today.

To be fair some of their lot were quite complimentary towards us and our club in between the battles,we held our ground that night despite being overwhelmingly outnumbered,all be it not in our normal place,it was carnieage at times.

They absolutley battered us on the pitch and were worthy title winners,I was so jealous of the side they had in comparison to our lads

49 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

Anyone remember a Villa 4-0 win in 1975 (I think) when thousands of Villa fans were on the East Bank. They went up and we went down, from memory.

without looking it up I think they were 22000 there that night and we were  certainly outnumbered by a good majority ........I think I previous attendance had been about 8000 which gives you an idea of the split . 

Missed it as was at Monsters of Rock at Donington! 

Until last season I hadn’t seen us beat Villa in the flesh in my 30+ years of going. I know we have done but I always seemed to miss them or not go away.

Edit: sorry I started the thread at the bottom and was referring to the first game of the 96/7 season. Can’t even remember the Feb 95 one.

Edited by Ever the pessimist

7 hours ago, stevewhiterose said:

Never seen Hillsborough overtaken like that in all my life, remember Brian Little tearing us a new one.

1 minute ago, zico.b said:

Agreed. For me it's always been about the consistent away following for any club, in order to judge the perennial argument about 'size'.

Villa have always travelled to Hillsborough in numbers.

Exactly 

Leeds only started filling leppings lane once they come up form league 1 

Can't agree with that mate , I hate dirty Leeds with a passion but their away support is second to none certainly in this league and in my opinion on a par with any club in the premier league as well . Excellent support today from Villa but so it should be they are still pushing for automatic promotion , it will do em no good at all though today 3-1 to the Wednesday. .

8 hours ago, stevewhiterose said:

The match had been rearranged due to us hosting a semi final (which I remember well as it was also my wedding day). We had been relegated weeks before after the most abysmal season I can ever recall and as you say they hammered us.

8 hours ago, stevewhiterose said:

Our last game of a nightmare season, I recall after game when Darnall football specials were getting missiles thrown at them as they went up Herries road from hundreds of Villa fans stood outside Five Archies pub. Two windows on our bus got put through.

25 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Our last game of a nightmare season, I recall after game when Darnall football specials were getting missiles thrown at them as they went up Herries road from hundreds of Villa fans stood outside Five Archies pub. Two windows on our bus got put through.

Poor form by you lot who wer there that night letting villa take the kop:picnic: