Remember this meeting between SWFC and Aston Villa?

I remember away at Villa Park when Megson got sent off, got showered, got suited and booted, then wanted to kick off again at the end of the match with whoever he’d had his earlier altercation with (can’t remember who it was). Was waiting by the tunnel for Round 2.

Also Peter Withe getting stick from Wednesday fans from an Executive Box behind us, after his stint at S2.

Think we lost 2-1 but my memory isn’t that great nowadays.

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Missed it as was at Monsters of Rock at Donington! 

Until last season I hadn’t seen us beat Villa in the flesh in my 30+ years of going. I know we have done but I always seemed to miss them or not go away.

Edit: sorry I started the thread at the bottom and was referring to the first game of the 96/7 season. Can’t even remember the Feb 95 one.

I went to Donington a couple of times in 92 and 95. Can't remember why I didn't go in 96, because I love Kiss and Ozzy.

1992 when Maiden headlined was 1 of only 2 league home games I've missed in over 30 years,  booked it before the fixtures were announced and prayed we'd be away but we weren't so I missed the 3-3 draw with Chelsea.  Same thing nearly happened in 1995 (Metallica)  we were at home but fortunately it got moved to the Sunday for Sky so I could still go. 

5 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Never seen Hillsborough overtaken like that in all my life, remember Brian Little tearing us a new one.

I was on the Kop that night and remember coming out at they end while they were celebrating and there were hundreds of Wednesday fans waiting across from the Kop on Penistone rd. 

For years one of the chants was “your gonna get what Aston Villa got”.

i used to think “what, four goals?”