This press conference has got me very angry

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Keep trying to excuse and just explain away this situation

You won't be able to

Because quite frankly it's very clear now from what Jos said at the end of this presser what the real issue was and it wasn't that 16 players of ours arrived at the club already injured

I’m not having this Pretty sure training under Dave Jones wasn’t as intensive as it was under Megson Different coaches will have different levels of intensity

I’m sure Jos will encourage our players to step up a level, but it won’t stop players suffering injuries We couldn’t have played that high intensity, high press game, we employed in year one, if the players weren’t fit Maybe there is an issue with the type of player we brought in, in years two and three? I certainly think so

Edited by gurujuan

Everyone needs to get behind Jos 110% 

Its evident we were left in a mess, even more so after this press conference 

I think he is doing a fantastic effort so far, we just need to survive this season

Next season we can start to judge Jos, because quite frankly at present we are an absolute mess

Maybe it's a foreign coach thing. Listening to reports about Manchester United’s game last night and others saying that the players don't seem fit. David Moyes saying he couldn't believe how unfit the players were when he took over at West ham. As for Carlos yes we should be grateful for the 1st two seasons but from what he's said since he left he knew come what may he would be managing in the premiership either this season or next. Where was his incentive with us? 

If your boss said to you at work "Welcome to Smiths Stationary Sales. What I'd like to do is make sure you all turn up for work on time at 9am, dressed in suits and shoes, you must only have 15 minutes break in the morning and afternoon, an hour for lunch and must work until 5pm every day. You must also train yourselves in sales techniques. Ps I'll leave you to it but trust that you will"

I guarantee that within a month the staff would be doing none of the above

That's human nature, it's life and if you are a manager of people you will know this to be true.

If you're not a manager of people you are one of those who would be bunking off for a cig every ten minutes, rocking up in jeans and trainers, having an extra ten minutes for lunch etc etc

Owlstalk Shop

Just when it looked like it was [Current Manager]'s fault for terrible team selections and negative tactics, it turned out to be [Former Manager]'s fault all along!

Thank you [Former Manager] for always being there to provide an excuse for my inept performances!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

yeah it's all the players fault

maybe the fans could be to blame too?

Bullen?

The tea lady?

Ozzie Owl?

Tango?

Cakeball?

I wouldn't say it's all the players fault but they should share some responsibility, after all they are professional footballers.

As professionals they have a responsibility to do their job in a professional manner which includes being fit enough to competently undertake their role.

1 minute ago, darra said:

Maybe it's a foreign coach thing. Listening to reports about Manchester United’s game last night and others saying that the players don't seem fit. David Moyes saying he couldn't believe how unfit the players were when he took over at West ham. As for Carlos yes we should be grateful for the 1st two seasons but from what he's said since he left he knew come what may he would be managing in the premiership either this season or next. Where was his incentive with us? 

You do know that our current manager is foreign, yeah?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Did you see the press conference and what Jos had to say to the last question?

I missed it but have long had my suspisions over the fitness levels at Hillsborough.

Beyond what I have witnessed with my own eyes there was Dom Howson's "source" that said pre season wasn't what it should be and the players did mainly ball work with hardly any basic fitness work, the constant rumours of a bust up with Tom Lees over his recovery, George Boyd saying previously the players weren't fit enough and Sam Hutchinson's very guarded interview where his response to "why are so many players getting injured" he said "it's not really for me to say" after a very long pause.

It really doesn't take a genius to work out that the basic fitness levels of the squad are not what they should be and that is entirely Carlos's fault.

If the interview does appear on-line, please share as I'd like to see Jos's response.

6 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I wouldn't say it's all the players fault but they should share some responsibility, after all they are professional footballers.

As professionals they have a responsibility to do their job in a professional manner which includes being fit enough to competently undertake their role.

If your boss said to you at work "Welcome to Smiths Stationary Sales. What I'd like to do is make sure you all turn up for work on time at 9am, dressed in suits and shoes, you must only have 15 minutes break in the morning and afternoon, an hour for lunch and must work until 5pm every day. You must also train yourselves in sales techniques. Ps I'll leave you to it but trust that you will"

I guarantee that within a month the staff would be doing none of the above

That's human nature, it's life and if you are a manager of people you will know this to be true.

If you're not a manager of people you are one of those who would be bunking off for a cig every ten minutes, rocking up in jeans and trainers, having an extra ten minutes for lunch etc etc

I'm not judging either way on any of the above but saying that's humans for you and how they act

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 11.06.31.jpg

It's very very clear that there's been a very serious and major issue with player fitness

I know we have had injuries and so do you. It's obvious that players haven't been fit

But Jos's response to the last journalist in this press conference has got me raging

It's clear that the fitness of this squad has been absolutely criminal. 

Carlos really has left us with an absolute total disaster of a squad fitness wise and Jos was as professional as he could be but his response was about as damning as it could possibly be without saying that Carlos might as well have given the squad an ice-cream and told them all to go for a walk on Scarborough Beach every day instead of any kind of fitness training whatsoever.

I'll post the video when it's up on Youtube so you can see for yourselves but I'll be honest I'm absolutely raging about what Carlos has done to our players on the fitness side now.

I feel very very sorry for Jos having to sort this mess out and getting stick whilst he's trying to do so. It sounds like the fitness of this squad at a professional football club in the Championship has been neglected by Carlos and his staff about as badly as it could have been.

Anyone knocking Jos right now or bigging up Carlos anymore can sod off. After this press conference neither are acceptable options to me. We need to back Jos 100% right now as he cleans up the worst possible mess left behind.

Disgraceful

If you've not seen the press conference please for the love of god watch it before posting any replies because this is YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB that is in this mess.

The truth always comes out , as everyone knows I’m was no fan of CC glad he’s gone , the mans an idiot , let’s see where Swansea is this time next year .

12 minutes ago, cookeh said:

I don't see how Bullen gets out of this. He's was right there along side Carlos and either never said anything or thought it was all fine too.

I like Bullen as a guy.. but I'm far from convinced he's a good coach.

Try going to work and try telling your boss he's doing it all wrong and this is what you should be doing and see how long you last. 

The players shouldn't take responsibility for their own fitness levels at all, that's not how it works in professional sports.

The person responsible for the players being correctly conditioned is actually still at the club. 

Would you expect any football manager to know each of these metrics for all of their squad players, or would you expect someone to be employed to monitor their performance...? I was done with CC a long time ago, last season we got lucky i felt and the football was terrible, but lamenting the poor fitness on CC when it's not his job and the team in place is still there is just aiming at the wrong guy.

Weight
BF
BP
water retention
VO2 max score 
RHR
MAX Hr
Fat- ox
HR recovery
spo2
Peak Power

1 minute ago, hawksmore said:

The players shouldn't take responsibility for their own fitness levels at all, that's not how it works in professional sports.

The person responsible for the players being correctly conditioned is actually still at the club. 

Would you expect any football manager to know each of these metrics for all of their squad players, or would you expect someone to be employed to monitor their performance...? I was done with CC a long time ago, last season we got lucky i felt and the football was terrible, but lamenting the poor fitness on CC when it's not his job and the team in place is still there is just aiming at the wrong guy.

Weight
BF
BP
water retention
VO2 max score 
RHR
MAX Hr
Fat- ox
HR recovery
spo2
Peak Power

BANG ON

Owlstalk Shop

Sorry , I don't buy it and think Jos is bravely carrying can for Chansiri's mess (which it appears he learnt from).

As for pre -season fitness regime, bilmey Ched played this week and he's missed 3 pre -seasons, etc.

Something very smelly - we just need mid-table and Spurs in cup , best we can hope for.