This press conference has got me very angry

Just now, mkowl said:

However as football manager it is his over-riding responsibility to be aware of fitness levels even if he doesn't know the individual scores of players

He must have observed with his own eyes if the levels have dropped and were negatively impacting on how instructions on the pitch were being applied

If it wasn't satisfactory then it was his responsibility to change it 

Exactly

Owlstalk Shop

I was annoyed at Rob Staton. It was almost like...

"You do know you're doing it all wrong"

"Joao in the squad, Joao plays"

"You can't NOT start with a striker"

"Every footballer can play 3 games in a week"

Jos must have been thinking he was under attack by a Know It All numpty

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Any employee is a 'professional' whether that be a pop star, a footballer or a cleaner

And should therefore act or behave in a professional manner.

If they don't and the manager does nothing about it then he is at fault, but you cannot say the employee is not also at fault to some degree.

9 minutes ago, nldowl said:

Your failure to see that the players should take any blame makes me very angry. They weren’t suddenly told to throw it off in the third season.. they were just clearly trusted too much to do their own fitness and if they are unfit this season then they have obviously failed to do so 

I don't disagree that if a player feels he needs to improve his fitness then he should take advantage of the facilities at his disposal & do that bit extra but it should be monitored.

However i can't agree that its the players responsibility to do their own fitness. Fitness training needs to be structured & strictly monitored so that they are at their peak on a match day, in many cases that may need to be individually tailored to each player & if that means training on their own then it still requires monitoring. 

Left to their own devices a player may actually over train or generally by human nature not train enough. Both scenarios can leave a player under performing on match days & more susceptible to injuries.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm amazed you're trying to absolve Carlos and his regime of any part in this mess and want to blame our players

It's incredible

I'm half expecting someone to chime up next and blame the local media for asking Jos the question in the first place

3 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I was annoyed at Rob Staton. It was almost like...

"You do know you're doing it all wrong"

"Joao in the squad, Joao plays"

"You can't NOT start with a striker"

"Every footballer can play 3 games in a week"

Jos must have been thinking he was under attack by a Know It All numpty

lol

Owlstalk Shop

38 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think its quite clear now that Calos was negligent towards players fitness during his time here.

2 things I still don't understand.

1. Was the fitness conditioning and training the same as his first season when it didn't seem a problem.

2. Why didn't the senior players and other coaching staff do anything at all about in not being fit enough. They have to accept some of the blame too.

and why did  bullen call the accusation 'a load of crap'  previously ????

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 11.06.31.jpg

It's very very clear that there's been a very serious and major issue with player fitness

I know we have had injuries and so do you. It's obvious that players haven't been fit

But Jos's response to the last journalist in this press conference has got me raging

It's clear that the fitness of this squad has been absolutely criminal. 

Carlos really has left us with an absolute total disaster of a squad fitness wise and Jos was as professional as he could be but his response was about as damning as it could possibly be without saying that Carlos might as well have given the squad an ice-cream and told them all to go for a walk on Scarborough Beach every day instead of any kind of fitness training whatsoever.

I'll post the video when it's up on Youtube so you can see for yourselves but I'll be honest I'm absolutely raging about what Carlos has done to our players on the fitness side now.

I feel very very sorry for Jos having to sort this mess out and getting stick whilst he's trying to do so. It sounds like the fitness of this squad at a professional football club in the Championship has been neglected by Carlos and his staff about as badly as it could have been.

Anyone knocking Jos right now or bigging up Carlos anymore can sod off. After this press conference neither are acceptable options to me. We need to back Jos 100% right now as he cleans up the worst possible mess left behind.

Disgraceful

If you've not seen the press conference please for the love of god watch it before posting any replies because this is YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB that is in this mess.

I haven’t seen it yet but was going to start a thread today about the absolute scandal that is the fitness of our players and why nobody at the club has come out to address it publicly. 

If players were out getting drunk every night, or the fans were rioting, or the pitch was like a ploughed field, there’d be open dialogue with the club about the ruinous affect it was having on our season and reputation. And yet while the impact of these fitness issues has been catastrophic the club has stayed silent. 

If I was Chansiri I’d be demanding an enquiry and wanting the fans to know we were doing everything to investigate the causes to ensure it never happens again. 

Pretty sure Bullen was asked about players being generally unfit this season when he was caretaker and he said it was absolute garbage - I do believe they have been unfit just due to the performances lately and also it always took ages for anyone to get match fit under CC because of our low intensity training. Remember how long it took Hooper to get fit when he came on loan. 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

'm amazed you're trying to absolve Carlos and his regime of any part in this mess and want to blame our players

So not one squeak from one player or any of the other staff for two and a half years? It was  obviously so cushy under bad Carlos that they all wanted it to carry on and no-one said anything.

You are starting to make yourself look a bit silly with this "It's all down to Carlos" line.

25 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not having this Pretty sure training under Dave Jones wasn’t as intensive as it was under Megson Different coaches will have different levels of intensity

I’m sure Jos will encourage our players to step up a level, but it won’t stop players suffering injuries We couldn’t have played that high intensity, high press game, we employed in year one, if the players weren’t fit Maybe there is an issue with the type of player we brought in, in years two and three? I certainly think so

There is another point, the players were fit after Stuart Grays time,( and did he not do Pre-Season with them), cant remember but some one on here will.

As for second Season, ran out of steam in a lot of games, Huddersfield we were blowing out of our arsess. 

Wasn't there a recent meeting at the club where the subject matter was spinning positivity ?

Naval gazing and looking both inwards and backwards. So if we have concluded that their are problems with fitness lets fix it ASAP and pull ourselves up by the boot straps.

We can have absolutely no effect on what happened on Tuesday or last week or last season. However, we can impact on what we do from hereon in.

If we have bad apples GET RID ! George H maybe the sign we are looking for that improvements are afoot. The perspective for Jos is not improved by the impact of his predecessor. The impact of Jos may be held back if we have one or two bad apples, get it sorted rather than entering into a period of Blame Culture.

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This sort of whinging, and blaming his predecessor does Jos no favours, in my opinion 

I usually agree with most of what you post Guru but not on this occasion.

It was frankly embarrassing seeing how much fitter and sharper Hudds were compared to us in the play off 2nd leg ( who by the way had played more games with a smaller squad) and it was deeply worrying at the Rangers pre season friendly to see how unfit and ill prepared we looked............i remember commenting to my mate that it was the worst shape i could recall seeing ANY team in just 1 week before the start of the season.

And this is all before you judge the way he handled injured players.......did you REALLY think Kieran Lee was fully recovered when he returned at the end of last season?.........or Sam Hutchinson was ready for the start of this?........................or waiting ALL summer to decide that FF needed an operation after all.............or Steven Fletcher continually coming off and putting ice on his knee to "manage a problem" only for him to shock horror need an operation this year.....................did Tom Lees look ready when he came back ?

The jury is still out for me on Jos, but considering the shambles he inherited i think he has been remarkably diplomatic on the situation.

• Like 1