This press conference has got me very angry

4 minutes ago, darra said:

Maybe it's a foreign coach thing. Listening to reports about Manchester United’s game last night and others saying that the players don't seem fit. David Moyes saying he couldn't believe how unfit the players were when he took over at West ham. As for Carlos yes we should be grateful for the 1st two seasons but from what he's said since he left he knew come what may he would be managing in the premiership either this season or next. Where was his incentive with us? 

Grateful for what , he took a very fit team on, only to turn them into a bunch of pensioners!!

2 minutes ago, jambler said:

You do know that our current manager is foreign, yeah?

Yes but you get my point.  Not all managers are the same and have the same methods. Jos seems a disciplinarian where as I see Carlos as fairly laid back 

His describing Stobbs as a striker takes us a step closer to explain the team he put out against Millwall, at least.

I'd never call him a striker - maybe a forward, perhaps - but he's a winger really. Of course, this could very well be a language issue.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If your boss said to you at work "Welcome to Smiths Stationary Sales. What I'd like to do is make sure you all turn up for work on time at 9am, dressed in suits and shoes, you must only have 15 minutes break in the morning and afternoon, an hour for lunch and must work until 5pm every day. You must also train yourselves in sales techniques. Ps I'll leave you to it but trust that you will"

I guarantee that within a month the staff would be doing none of the above

That's human nature, it's life and if you are a manager of people you will know this to be true.

If you're not a manager of people you are one of those who would be bunking off for a cig every ten minutes, rocking up in jeans and trainers, having an extra ten minutes for lunch etc etc

I've managed contracts and people for many years and yes you do get people who will take advantage when ever they can (usually get rid of at first opportunity), but you also get responsible employees who do work in a professional manner.

These are the professionals that always stay in employment.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If your boss said to you at work "Welcome to Smiths Stationary Sales. What I'd like to do is make sure you all turn up for work on time at 9am, dressed in suits and shoes, you must only have 15 minutes break in the morning and afternoon, an hour for lunch and must work until 5pm every day. You must also train yourselves in sales techniques. Ps I'll leave you to it but trust that you will"

I guarantee that within a month the staff would be doing none of the above

That's human nature, it's life and if you are a manager of people you will know this to be true.

If you're not a manager of people you are one of those who would be bunking off for a cig every ten minutes, rocking up in jeans and trainers, having an extra ten minutes for lunch etc etc

Maybe at WH Smiths that might happen when people are on low wages.

But when you are getting not even small fortunes but whopping great big fortunes to play football you must have some responsibility to your own fitness.

Thought a reason players make it to become highly paid professionals when other players fall by the wayside is that they are highly motivated individuals.

Carlos most to blame but players, coaches and even you can argue Chansiri not blameless either.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hookowl said:

I've managed contracts and people for many years and yes you do get people who will take advantage when ever they can (usually get rid of at first opportunity), but you also get responsible employees who do work in a professional manner.

These are the professionals that always stay in employment.

But if you left your staff to it in a work environment and said 'yeah it's ok to do what you like' the situation gets worse and the professionals stay in employment

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Maybe at WH Smiths that might happen when people are on low wages.

But when you are getting not even small fortunes but whopping great big fortunes to play football you must have some responsibility to your own fitness.

Thought a reason players make it to become highly paid professionals when other players fall by the wayside is that they are highly motivated individuals.

Carlos most to blame but players, coaches and even you can argue Chansiri not blameless either.

I'm amazed you're trying to absolve Carlos and his regime of any part in this mess and want to blame our players

It's incredible

I'm half expecting someone to chime up next and blame the local media for asking Jos the question in the first place

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

We got shot down for calling him a clown.wonder if people have changed their view now some more news has come out.

Of course not

Even if every player came out and said it was a total joke under Carlos there's some who would say that it was the players fault for not training themselves

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

But if you left your staff to it in a work environment and said 'yeah it's ok to do what you like' the situation gets worse and the professionals stay in employment

Then both parties should share a portion of the blame, I'm not excusing Carlos but I do think that the word professional should mean exactly that.

For me the situation that JL came to is now showing in the performances. the general fitness of the uninjured players has improved quickly (just my view of games I`ve seen from the south stand).  The general lack of fitness now casts new light on the end of last season as others have said . 

Getting players match fit is another thing and JL is quite right to not push such as Joao too hard too early who had very little game time under CC.

Anyone who tries to blame Bullen for this just because he was CCs assistant should give there heads a wobble , CC ran the training and the picking of types of playing squad we would use. Bully would have some input but but was not the decision maker .   

3 minutes ago, swfctc1 said:

Grateful for what , he took a very fit team on, only to turn them into a bunch of pensioners!!

If you read the post again I said grateful for the first two seasons. I've said on here many times in my opinion he's taken us for mugs and probably done us out of some decent compo. Imo he's on a par with  with big Ron. Gave us some great memories but left under a cloud 

The physical impact of 2 extra long seasons, and therefore extra short breaks in summer, caught us out this season. I think the extra time that being in the play offs causes meant we just didn’t get the mental and physical break the players needed in those two summers. 

And I can sympathise with that. I have a tough, high pressured job and 2 young kids and having only a weeks holiday last summer has meant I have felt it more in last 6 months than before. 

I suspect carlos saw the impact of these two very long seasons and tried, and failed, with a lighter fitness regime.

fans can rage and that is fine. It was , I suspect, a decision made in good faith that didn’t work. 

29 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think its quite clear now that Calos was negligent towards players fitness during his time here.

2 things I still don't understand.

1. Was the fitness conditioning and training the same as his first season when it didn't seem a problem.

2. Why didn't the senior players and other coaching staff do anything at all about in not being fit enough. They have to accept some of the blame too.

1. Players were fit because of Stuart Grays pre-Season under him.

2. Bully should have said or done something.

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

We got shot down for calling him a clown.wonder if people have changed their view now some more news has come out.

The news that we’ve got injured players and the back room staff are working hard to get them back. Or the news that they’ve got a day off today. 

Storm in a teacup IMO. 

However as football manager it is his over-riding responsibility to be aware of fitness levels even if he doesn't know the individual scores of players

He must have observed with his own eyes if the levels have dropped and were negatively impacting on how instructions on the pitch were being applied

If it wasn't satisfactory then it was his responsibility to change it 

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

Just seen it myself on Facebook.

Very last question asked a Jos basically confirms that fitness levels weren’t great when he arrived at the club and he’s now having to manage that.

I was annoyed until the last question but when the last question was asked and Jos answered with what the situation is/was it boiled my blood

Owlstalk Shop