This press conference has got me very angry

I know of a player who left SWFC in Carlos first season and upon signing for his new club was diagnosed as being only 65% fit. This transfer happened in August, so just after preseason training.

When asked what they had done in preseason the response was no fitness work at all, just ball work and formations. Everyone was amazed and thought it was just a player who had not been putting in maximum effort, makes you wonder now if he was telling the truth all along.

Having said that above, why did those players not do extra training in gymnasiums etc in their own time? Not all entirely blameless.

I think another major part in Carlos failing as a manager was obsessively over coaching championship players as if they had the skills of top premiership players. Kind of over micro management. And ignoring what the championship exactly is and how previously successful team had achieved promotion. Thats why we lost to the Blades.  They nailed it on the day, they were better than us in every department, played the occasion and had the knowledge and approach we didn't.  I don't think it was Carlos downplaying it. It was a lot more than that.

Nothing wrong with a passing game but you can't ignore physicality and speed.  The players did stick behind him but looked fed up with passing it sideways by the end of it, it wasn't working and was being recycled again and again..That accompanied with fitness problems caused a downward spiral.

I remember going to watch us against donny at the keepmoat in pre-season and it didn't look good then. Hutchinson had a face like thunder at the front of the coach and about 10 players stayed on the coach finishing there card game according to the driver.

Just now, King_Monkey said:

I know of a player who left SWFC in Carlos first season and upon signing for his new club was diagnosed as being only 65% fit. This transfer happened in August, so just after preseason training.

When asked what they had done in preseason the response was no fitness work at all, just ball work and formations. Everyone was amazed and thought it was just a player who had not been putting in maximum effort, makes you wonder now if he was telling the truth all along.

Having said that above, why did those players not do extra training in gymnasiums etc in their own time? Not all entirely blameless.

Stevie May. 

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

...but doesn't excuse his team selection on Tuesday for me.

It explains the reason for it.

I think we need to trust Jos much more than Carlos when it comes to managing players injuries / fitness and he states clearly that the two forwards we have 'fit' are not in a physical condition to give 100% in 2/3 games a week.

It will be interesting to see what team plays Saturday.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

He was the manager of this football club mate

He dictated what went off regarding the fitness of our team

Okay so it’s 100% down to him we got to the play offs 2 years on the bounce... but let me guess no because you are choosing what he dictated and had responsibility for to suit your own agenda. 

• Haha 1

Just now, nldowl said:

Okay so it’s 100% down to him we got to the play offs 2 years on the bounce... but let me guess no because you are choosing what he dictated and had responsibility for to suit your own agenda. 

The only agenda I have is the success of our football club and team

Not Carlos Carvalhal

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For all this negativity about the way Carlos ran things, it's a shock he guided us to a 6th and 4th placed finish really. 

Not really given the absolute bucketloads of cash he spaffed all over the shop on players

(only to them make them unfit for purpose)

more than any other manager in our entire history

And didn't even succeed in getting us promoted

I'm not bitter at him for that though

I"m angry at the state of our team right now (as shoule be any Wednesday fan)

I support Sheffield Wednesday FC not Carlos Carvalhal

Owlstalk Shop