Rate jos so far?

Too early to judge, has shown promise in some areas and still learning in other areas. Just like anyone who starts a new job, needs time to learn. He has until the end of the season for objective 1: stay up, summer is objective 2: create a Jos squad, objective 3: get your squad back to the right end of the table and challenging. Happy with Jos the boss, 1 loss away to Millwall won't make or break him. Playing youngsters is a huge plus and a bigger sign of progress than anything else for our LONG TERM future. Keep the faith with Jos the boss (if I say it enough it'll catch on?)

Ok, so the bloke's made some mistakes.

Birmingham game was a shambles, team selection last night wasn't brilliant.

Seriously though, what do people expect from him?

Did we REALLY think someone was gonna come in, wave a magic wand and all of a sudden all our problems would disappear?

Considering the mess he's inherited, has he REALLY done so bad a job so far?

If we got shut today, could ANYONE else come in and do that much better?

I doubt it.

Not saying he's the one, maybe he'll work out, maybe he won't.

What I do know is the bloke's CV contains multiple promotions to the German top flight, including a record points total for 2. Bundesliga, so he ain't no mug.

Let him see out this season, then let's see how he fares next season with everyone back fit and raring to go.

I personally think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

For those who say 'but what if we get relegated?'

Simple. We won't.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Spookone said:

........I don't really see how the ship has been steadied?

Remember how poor we were before JL came in. How the last league game under Bully was the 0-3 defeat to Burton. At that point, it looked like all an opposing team had to do to beat us was turn up. The wheels had come off and we were spiralling towards League 1.

I don’t think anyone pretends that what we’ve seen since then has been pretty, but we are at least grinding out points here and there and there’s a bit more confidence about the team. You get the feeling that we’ve got a chance of getting something out of most games, whereas just a few weeks ago we already looked beaten at 3pm on a Saturday.

I think we’re still some way from really turning things round, but to my eyes there is evidence that at least the rot has stopped.

Edited by Roy Of The Roasters
  • Like 1

In the context of how abject we were against Burton and Brentford he has stopped the leak. 

But some of the away games Boro and Millwall haven’t been worth watching. It’s like attack vs defence training with the hope we will score from range. We should’ve lost by 2/3 at Boro too.

Made us hard to beat - Tick

Beat Derby - Tick

Solid Cup draw v Swansea - Tick

Try something else that did not work - Clueless, Unforgivable, worse than CC, Negative, cant see him lasting, get him out etc etc.

Feel sorry for the guy because I admire the effort and improved attitude of our players more than anything. Sometimes you just can't Polish a turd, which is unfortunately what we are currently.

He needs way longer before we can fairly rate him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

I think some on here need their brains returning before they post. Totally agree! Give the man a chance.

Have you seen anyone saying she should be sacked though?

Only thing I can see is people questioning his methods ( like last night).

Cant we even ask questions?

Shall we tell radio sheffield to not ask him about not starting no strikers last night too because its only 10 games .

Not one person has said he should walk, we all know the injury situation.

4 hours ago, lancashireowl said:

Been average for me. Some decent results but not enough wins and it goes without saying I’d be less happy if he hadn’t played the youngsters. Too negative so far too, no way you should be playing without a striker.

Another poster said said he reminded him of Felix Magath- which was an interesting point and I can see that considering the randomness in his lineups.

Still he’s got a bottom 5 team at the moment with injuries so that means he’s getting a 5/10 from me. I do think he will inevitably improve with injuries- he is tactically better than CC. 

He inherited a squad with an entire first team injured more or less and  Has had to throw in kids from the U23`s with no first team experience . 

I think he has done brilliantly with the mess he has inherited . 

He has to contend with three games in seven days with a threadbare squad. 

He couldnt have done any better in my opinion. 

Impossible to say.

I mean you can look at his reign in so many different ways.

- We haven't won many games ad the football hasn't been amazing

- But we've had our full first team out

- We beat Derby and played some great football, very effective

- But we followed it up with a 2-1 defeat to Millwall

- We set up so well against SUFC, very solid and stopped them playing, with our second string.

- The same team got smashed by Birmingham in a very laughable display

- He's given Joao a chance and he's shining

- He then rests him for 2 important games and plays no strikers in one of them

I think my overall opinion on him is, he's abit too defensive fro my liking, but that doesn't mean that's a flaw of his managerial ability, I just like attacking football. He hasn't had a first 11 too player with yet, so I'm trying not to get carried away after every bad performance, or on the other side, when we beat a team like Derby, it doesn't mean our problems are all solved. The biggest plus point is that he IS giving youth a chance.

I'll judge him after a solid summer, when his own signings come in, and he's had 10/15 games with them next season.

If after then he's still playing Wallace up top...I'll start moaning. lol

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Tactically Carlos was really good - and he’s subs were always on point.

His ability to out think opposite managers won us so many games. It’s part of the reason why we got away with so many sloppy first halves

He just lost his way big style. Jos has a long way to go until I’ll say he’s at that level of tactical nous

You're on the wind up aren't you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Absolutely impossible to judge or rate him now.

He's inherited the biggest mess left by a manager in our history thanks to Carlos.

I'll judge him after he's had half a season with 15 fit first choice players and not before.

Agree with this. With the players injured and the visible lack of fitness within those available I can’t judge him yet. Obviously got it wrong last night, but the performance vs Derby was as good as anything served up in the past 2 years. So until he has the players/fitness I think it’s very difficult to judge.

45 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Remember how poor we were before JL came in. How the last league game under Bully was the 0-3 defeat to Burton. At that point, it looked like all an opposing team had to do to beat us was turn up. The wheels had come off and we were spiralling towards League 1.

I don’t think anyone pretends that what we’ve seen since then has been pretty, but we are at least grinding out points here and there and there’s a bit more confidence about the team. You get the feeling that we’ve got a chance of getting something out of most games, whereas just a few weeks ago we already looked beaten at 3pm on a Saturday.

I think we’re still some way from really turning things round, but to my eyes there is evidence that at least the rot has stopped.

Carlos last 10 games    -   W2 D5 L3         Beat Villa (A) and Millwall (H)

LB 2 games                  -  W1 L1                Beat Forest (A)          

Jos last 10 games        - W3 D4 L2            Beat Carlisle (H - cup), Reading (H-cup) and Derby (H)

There hasn't been a significant upturn overall - granted he hasn't had the players but to suggest we stopped the rot is not really true. Throw in some bizarre team selections and it makes you a bit uncertain.

As I said before I've nothing against the bloke but he's the wrong guy for us right now - we needed someone who knew the players and knew the league.

5 hours ago, Simaniac Owl said:

Steadied the ship. 

Played a good number of promising academy players. 

OKso far. 

How has he steadied the ship exactly ?

One league win since he arrived , 8 points from safety .....that isn't steadying the ship!

3 hours ago, Jeff King's dog said:

Good luck with that but in all seriousness, I'm not sure he will be here.

He's looking more and more like a makeweight to me, brought in to ensure we don't go down. Somehow I can't see him being given £10-£20m in the summer to chuck around.

Interesting point of view mate. Out of interest, what makes you think that?

13 minutes ago, Madmax said:

Jos the dross will fail miserably thats the reality: any other thought is just dreaming pal. He shouldnt need time to settle. he supposed to be experienced at promotion: My arse:

Well I am sure he will get the sack at some point as all managers do, but I think after only 6 weeks to say he's doomed when the 1st team is injured is a bit harsh IMO. we shall see.

5 hours ago, mkowl said:

Wrong appointment 

Clueless about the championship, seems very suborn. Should have held his hands up and said sorry lads got it wrong let’s change it at half time but didn’t. Playing the kids is all well and good but you don’t expose them away at Millwall. We and young Jordan paid the price. Could have said right second half Joao and Dave on , we got luck first half , now don’t *** about hoof it , no playing out from the back. That was all down to Kos wonder what the decent senior players think? 

Cant help but feel we are still missing a good football person to ensure all the support facilities are top class to match our ambitions, get the feeling we are cutting corners to save costs. 

5/10 from me. 

Has done a steady job with what he has available. Team line ups are questionable to say the least. Just got to pray his negativity is because of what he has at his disposal rather than that be his standard way of playing.

I can remember listening to a few interviews from German football experts telling us to expect defensive football though.

5 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Clueless about the championship, seems very suborn. Should have held his hands up and said sorry lads got it wrong let’s change it at half time but didn’t. Playing the kids is all well and good but you don’t expose them away at Millwall. We and young Jordan paid the price. Could have said right second half Joao and Dave on , we got luck first half , now don’t *** about hoof it , no playing out from the back. That was all down to Kos wonder what the decent senior players think? 

Cant help but feel we are still missing a good football person to ensure all the support facilities are top class to match our ambitions, get the feeling we are cutting corners to save costs

This would be very worrying if true.

Thought the club said 'Whatever it takes'.