Rate jos so far?

I said before the result I like Jos, I'm am sticking by that. I still like Jos. If we had won, and the defence hadn't gone walk about, he would have been hailed as a genius.

To paraphrase Kipping I think "if you can meet defeat and victory as the imposters they are, you'll be a man my son". For some it is time to man up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

If a win against Derby and another against a Reading team looking as bad as ours, out of 8-9 games, is steadying the ship. God help us 

Exactly. Look at the Burton performance and the half injured half unfit squad. It needs a lot of steadying.

I like the fact Jos has showed faith in some of the youth squad, albeit without much choice. I also like to think that he has steadied the ship somewhat and isn’t afraid to change things up on the pitch. I must admit though, I’m very confused about the squad selection last night and more so the comments he made following the game. It was difficult to tell if it was broken English, avoiding the question or just that he was as annoyed as all the fans. That said, it is difficult to judge after the time he has had and the squad available to him. I just hope he gets to see some of our so called first team players, so he can make an informed assessment of how he sees their role next season or if he feels they need to be moved on to pastures new. Then with a full pre season and his own (full) squad to play with, it’s open season on judgement. For now he will get my backing. I can’t deny that I was underwhelmed when it was announced he was the new manager, but I never let that wain my support for any employee at the club (be it on or off the pitch). They get my full backing and I will continue to back them until they give me reason not to. Time to finish this dismal season, avoid relegation and build for next season. Onwards and upwards WAWAW

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Seen every game hes been manager

If Carlos had produced these performances, team selections and tactics 99% of our fans would be marching on the club waving shoes and pitchforks.

Jos is not the answer.

Would rate him as Par at the moment.

Been a bit of improvement in performances but been hard work to watch at times.

Get feeling the 'aggressive attacking football' Chansiri said he was aiming for when he took over will not be fulfilled under Luhukay but his brief is to get Wednesday promoted as that's where the money is and everything else is not a priority.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Im guessing you’re thinking that because he’s not an Englishman

I am guessing you are wrong. All to do with the mindset of how a manager approaches the game not his nationality

Seems to know how to set a team up defensively. But with 17 clean sheets in our previous 3 seasons before this one, i'm not so sure thats what was required. 

Doesn't seem to be able to get a team to attack. The attacking intent shown in the games i;ve seen under him, other than Derby at home, has been fairly non-existent. 

Like the guy, the jury is till out for me though - 6 (at best) /10

Edited by ramone

I think OK considering the situation.  I read after we had signed him he plays a very defensive, don't concede goals style, which we have seen (apart from last night, but that was more a formation error).  We are judging him too soon, wait till we have a fully fit squad and see what happens.

7 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

No more than a 2/10 from me.........bizarre appointment.......seems like a boring "game spoiler" type..........he only has one level of emotion on the face of it.........where is the passion................wouldn't want him at a party

Some of those types  usually turn out to the wildest at parties !!!

3 minutes ago, Mus said:

I think OK considering the situation.  I read after we had signed him he plays a very defensive, don't concede goals style, which we have seen (apart from last night, but that was more a formation error).  We are judging him too soon, wait till we have a fully fit squad and see what happens.

Yeah a soft centre last night, and don’t forget Birmingham Also Boro, where we could easily have conceded 4 or 5 

He has tightened us up, yes, but at the cost of offering zilch going forward

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yeah a soft centre last night, and don’t forget Birmingham Also Boro, where we could easily have conceded 4 or 5 

He has tightened us up, yes, but at the cost of offering zilch going forward

True, but we weren't exactly blasting them home under CC.  Remember those games where our first shot on goal was in the 80th minute!

You have to ask is he the sort of appointment that will help put bums on seats? Worrying team selection last night. No Joao in starting line-up ??? 

Overall he's done okay with the hand he has been dealt but he really needs to be judged when we see what he does when he has more players to chose from. I'll give him 6/10