#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, Quist said:

Milan involved the advisors who brought DC to club and were ones who were advising him. Understand MM also had dealings with advisors.  it has been indicated there influence has waned and this was clear at last transfer window. Milan used us as a vehicle to make money which he did and for him to saty would have cost Dc top wages, so we may not have made as many mistakes but help would not have been cheap. Also MM was keeen to hang onto to Stuart Gray and CEO wherehas DC wanted his own men in place so would have been difficult. I think they would have found it difficult to work together.

Milan would not have been free but he couldn't have made the level of errors being made currently in all aspects of the club both off and on the pitch.

Yes Milan would have wanted Gray to stay was he doing that bad a job with the resources he had available, we forget the state of the pitch we played on under Gray, I have played in better sandpits than out pitch was, would we have got to Wembley maybe not but under Gray we have built and improved year on year and he picked up players looking for a second change and made them better (Westwood, Lees, Looven, Hutch), he brought in good loan players remember Wickham and Barkley both went on to big money moves or getting in the first team after being on loan with us. If Gray had stayed in charge I would like to think now we would have less debt, a better structure team with clear progression of youth players, a younger squad and players play for the club instead of their pockets and had we improve year on year we might even be in the top division but we will never know. Yu can only look what he has done since leaving us and I believe he is now at a team that over the last 3 years has improved year on year and is 1 game away from promotion to the premiership (Fulham - 1st team coach)

Milan lost his love for football after his one time friend Harry Redknapp threw him under the bus to save his own skin. 

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

To be honest, we don't. I have it on good authority (yep, I hate when people say that too) that it is the case, and that at least one loan deal was all but agreed with a League One club with a larger budget than most, but was obviously reliant on GH signing an extension. Don't know details about % of wages we wanted the loan club to pay etc, so I'm not gonna throw figures around hoping I hit the mark. But whether it's actually 100% true or not, I don't know and won't pretend to. 

Irregardless, my opinion is always going to be he shouldn't have been frozen out as he was... and if we did stop him going out on loan (which I believe we did, though again, I won't claim that that's 100% fact) I disagree with that even more. However, I also don't think the club should bend over backwards for any player's wage demands. We should have a structure in place and it should be adhered to... and if any player kicks up a fuss and tries to hold the club to ransom to the extent we have to break that wage structure, then best of luck and good ruddy riddance to them.  

Wasn't the club Rotherham? I think that information was fairly common around the time when it was looking like he may sign a new contract before things went sideways.

40 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Milan would not have been free but he couldn't have made the level of errors being made currently in all aspects of the club both off and on the pitch.

Yes Milan would have wanted Gray to stay was he doing that bad a job with the resources he had available, we forget the state of the pitch we played on under Gray, I have played in better sandpits than out pitch was, would we have got to Wembley maybe not but under Gray we have built and improved year on year and he picked up players looking for a second change and made them better (Westwood, Lees, Looven, Hutch), he brought in good loan players remember Wickham and Barkley both went on to big money moves or getting in the first team after being on loan with us. If Gray had stayed in charge I would like to think now we would have less debt, a better structure team with clear progression of youth players, a younger squad and players play for the club instead of their pockets and had we improve year on year we might even be in the top division but we will never know. Yu can only look what he has done since leaving us and I believe he is now at a team that over the last 3 years has improved year on year and is 1 game away from promotion to the premiership (Fulham - 1st team coach)

Milan lost his love for football after his one time friend Harry Redknapp threw him under the bus to save his own skin. 

Ifs buts maybes and Hind sight. It would be a bag of shyte but you don't even have the shyte.

Milan and DC had opposite perspectives for the club, the least you could contribute is to understand this simple fact !

59 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Or lets offer then reasonable wages to sign for the first team if we had Clare and Hirst would be going nowhere.

The club stated GH would have been the highest paid kid ever but who was the last one or current record holder no one seems to know - so it is speculation to think they offer him £10,000's as you say why would you offer a kid loads of money. So how can Sheff Utd sign their best young signing for 10 years up to a long term deal but we can't. Simple question what are they doing different to us, is it money, first team football or just becuase he wanted to stay.

If we needed Abdi he would have been a good signing but we didn't we already had Bannan, and Fessi who played in his position - we sign a player that was available instead of a player that we needed.

For whatever reason, they are going. Perhaps we'll find out, perhaps we won't. Personally I don't really care. It's part and parcel of football and always will be. We're not alone in losing young talent. Man City, Liverpool et al have all had some of their best talent leave over the last couple of seasons. And, dare I say it, players with much more potential than the one's we're about to lose. 

As for signing Abdi. Isn't it good to have quality backup in every position? Someone who could step into Fernando's shoes if rested or injured? 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I have no complaints about Gray and would have preferred him to saty. Your post was about why DC did not appoint MM. I tried to point out fundamental differences between them and that MM also had an agenda and was responsible for bringing agents into club. Do you deliberately go off tangent to try and cover up the tidal wave of bilge that you produce.

3 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Davor Lovren

The penguin has spoken

FFS

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol 

stop it !!!!!!!  Please stop it !!!!!!!!!!!!!  my sides are hurting lol lol lol