Jordan Thorniley

1 hour ago, cowl said:

Be slightly disappointed if Rhodes starts, as I'd really like to see a João-Matias partnership.

Still, I can understand the persistence with Rhodes even if the vast majority of his appearances for us have been less than convincing. I also expect JL to keep tweaking the team to find a way to make the best use of Rhodes between now and May, and if he can't do so by then I expect we'll try to move him on - although that could actually be tricky given that I can imagine his wages are quite high. Maybe a season-long loan to one of the relegated sides from the Prem might be our best bet.

Looking at the striker situation, our best two forwards are unavailable, Hooper and Forrestieri. Our best target man Fletcher is still out too.

That means we’re left with four, Joao, Rhodes, Nuhiu and Matias.

Whether we like it or not we’re stuck with Rhodes and getting him back to something like he used to be is something Lukuhay is going to have to do if he can.

He hasn’t got much to lose giving opportunities to Joao and Matias. Either could still make it here. My money’s on Joao if one of them does.

You know what you’re going to get from Nuhiu but he’s probably on his way at the end of the season?

My guess is come the start of next season of the current forward options only Fletcher, Rhodes and Joao will remain?

1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Rhodes needs a big man along side, not seen it yet but put him up front with nuhiu and Rhodes will start scoring

Tried it at Brentford. Not Writing it off after 1 poor performance......but it one of the slowest, least effective front pairings I've seen in a long time. 

Great experience for the lad. 

Worked hard, switched from RCB to LCB early on as he was being targeted by Warnock (he should be proud about that: kept a clean sheet in the end!) and did better on his more comfortable side. 

Of course he’s going to make decisions different to experienced first team players and make wayward passes, but everyone helped out when he did and he realised what he was doing wrong. 

In in the end, he covered well, was strong (it was a foul in the first half) and made a crucial block. 

Future looks bright for all 3 of our new young defenders. :)

Edited by Suzuki_San