Sheffield Wednesday's new signing sounding better with every read

8 hours ago, Rogers said:

Hutch will retire at the end of the season; Buttercup will go back; so we'll need someone to compete with Jones

We need to be getting Jones f**ked off too cause he’s garbage who we never should have bought. Never been a defensive midfielder.

If he can play as well as, if not better than, Hutch, he will be an improvement. Whilst appreciating Hutch's effect on our side, I have always felt that he was 'a red card waiting to happen'  with his gung-ho tackling. It's not that I'm against it. far from it, I think football has become too namby-pamby, and the art of fair, but hard tacklers has been ruled out of the game. I often wonder how some of the 'names ' of he past would go on in modern football Men such as Curtis & Kay, Setters, Hunter and the like. Hard men all, and i think of Hutch in this field. He's also very injury-prone.

Interesting times ahead, methink.

9 hours ago, Rogers said:

Hutch will retire at the end of the season; Buttercup will go back; so we'll need someone to compete with Jones

Whoever that is wins then! Jones needs to stop those marionette arm dances when he gets the ball, & pass it forward now & again. His first instinct is to panic & go backwards. Anybody more positive gets the shirt everytime.

On 19/01/2018 at 09:11, matthefish2002 said:

I am a bit long in the tooth and heard it all before about what a fantastic player the new signing is.

Will wait until I see him play for a bit before making my mind up.

I remember this season Joost van Aken was supposed to solve all our defensive problems earlier this season.

I recall reading in the beginning that van Aken was described as a midfield player by some who had seen him in NL. He does make defensive slip up's at the back when he is our cb