National View

1 minute ago, Shrewsburyowl said:

Talk sport has mentioned the game (in between droning on and on about the Sanchez transfer) and they have live commentary.

Alan Brazil kept referring to the game as the 'steel derby'.

some other presenter read out the form guide and concluded "it should be a very even contest"

Ive heard two interviews with Chav Wilder and one interview with Wednesday err legend wee pipe from wee pipe and Dom lol

lol wee pipe and Dom gi swear words back

24 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Two clubs woefully out of form drifting towards mid table mediocrity in the Championship. I can see why the interest in this one outside supporters of the two clubs is low. I can't think it will be capturing the imagination at a national level.

Drifting to me suggests moving down the table - we will have to drift upwards to gain mid table mediocrity lol

1 minute ago, Spookone said:

Drifting to me suggests moving down the table - we will have to drift upwards to gain mid table mediocrity lol

Aye, whichever way you interpret it, this game is not going to be a national blockbuster. I guess a few "neutrals" who are addicted to live football regardless of the match or the clubs playing might be a r s e d to watch it.

lol

1 hour ago, torres said:

Booked day off today to prepare (go to pub) before going tonight 

Watched SSN and read a couple of national papers and not a great deal has been mentioned about tonight.

I know the premier league gets flogged to death, so if a Liverpool player sneezes it’s going to be huge news, but the Derby Forest game had a lot more coverage than ours despite it not even being a Derby!!!

Despite being a massive football city I do think we are always overlooked on a national basis 

This 100% Outside of Sheffield, this game isn't important at all. As an example I was having a coffee earlier & on the table in the cafe was the daily Mail. Yes,I know it was the mail, but the sports section mentioned not one jot of the fact that there's a game on, let alone it being a derby.

30 minutes ago, RoyCroppersHair said:

Feck em....we know it's the best derby in England, p1sses all over the manc, Merseyside ones etc, especially for the build up/day of the game

The build up has been none existent for tonights match lol

2 hours ago, torres said:

Watched SSN and read a couple of national papers and not a great deal has been mentioned about tonight.

I know the premier league gets flogged to death, so if a Liverpool player sneezes it’s going to be huge news, but the Derby Forest game had a lot more coverage than ours despite it not even being a Derby!!!

Despite being a massive football city I do think we are always overlooked on a national basis 

SSN and the other national dont think  football exists outside of the premier league 

33 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

SSN and the other national dont think  football exists outside of the premier league 

I know poor old Jeff stelling gets it ripped out of him by Phil Thompson and crew because he supports a (smaller) club .I'd like to see how many fans of the big clubs would put up with what we have had to put up with LIverpool would be playing on Stanley park with shirts for goalposts.

2 hours ago, robowl4life said:

Who gives a f00k, we all know what it means and that’s all that matters. Nobody will ever understand what it’s like that’s never lived in the city. F00k them and f00k the media. 

I do agree though, Sheffield on a whole seems to get overlooked and it’s always L##ds that gets attention but f00k them too. Can you tell me anyone outside of L##ds who really gives a f00k about them.

Everyone does bud...... You know the song lol

I can be working away in some remote spot and watching the football in the pub near diggs with other contractors and the locals  and dosent matter who's playing. If someone starts the "we all hate Leeds chant" everyone sings along. 

4 hours ago, torres said:

Very few people see sheffield as a massive football city sadly. Certainly could never compare to similar sized cities such as Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle etc

14 minutes ago, WBridgfordowl said:

Very few people see sheffield as a massive football city sadly. Certainly could never compare to similar sized cities such as Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle etc

Stoopid thing is we're a bigger city than all 3.