National View

Booked day off today to prepare (go to pub) before going tonight 

Watched SSN and read a couple of national papers and not a great deal has been mentioned about tonight.

I know the premier league gets flogged to death, so if a Liverpool player sneezes it’s going to be huge news, but the Derby Forest game had a lot more coverage than ours despite it not even being a Derby!!!

Despite being a massive football city I do think we are always overlooked on a national basis 

2 minutes ago, alan48 said:

'Twas ever thus . But as a city we dont do enough to sell ourselves and you only have to look up the road to Leeds to see how it should be done .

I agree completely 

Goes back to our 150th year - no one but us has a clue. Most other clubs we’d be sick of hearing about it 

8 minutes ago, torres said:

Booked day off today to prepare (go to pub) before going tonight 

Watched SSN and read a couple of national papers and not a great deal has been mentioned about tonight.

I know the premier league gets flogged to death, so if a Liverpool player sneezes it’s going to be huge news, but the Derby Forest game had a lot more coverage than ours despite it not even being a Derby!!!

Despite being a massive football city I do think we are always overlooked on a national basis 

Yep just checked daily mail, not a mention, pathetic really

• Like 1

It's only of interest to us. Nobody else gives a poo. If there's any coverage at all outside the city it's only cos Sky are showing it anyway. The only time it was ever any different was when we were both in the Premier League, other than that it's just another game no bigger than Norwich Ipswich or the Bristol derby nationally.

1 minute ago, Davidioso said:

But we're live on SKY for the fifth time this year!

In fact more than clubs like Villa and Forest, both ex European champions!

Then on sky next week as well against Colin's team, it is almost like they love uslol

Seems to be some interest in the State in New York, Tampa, New Orleans, Portland and Argentina presumably we made an impression on Paula Bonvin and Juan Cobian

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/steel-city-derby-sheffield-wednesday-fans-to-gather-across-the-world-to-watch-big-match-1-8952212

https://www.owlsamericas.com/supporter-groups 

Who gives a f00k, we all know what it means and that’s all that matters. Nobody will ever understand what it’s like that’s never lived in the city. F00k them and f00k the media. 

I do agree though, Sheffield on a whole seems to get overlooked and it’s always L##ds that gets attention but f00k them too. Can you tell me anyone outside of L##ds who really gives a f00k about them.

43 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Seems to be some interest in the State in New York, Tampa, New Orleans, Portland and Argentina presumably we made an impression on Paula Bonvin and Juan Cobian

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/steel-city-derby-sheffield-wednesday-fans-to-gather-across-the-world-to-watch-big-match-1-8952212

https://www.owlsamericas.com/supporter-groups 

Found it interesting that we have a Brazilian Owls fan club, checked it out and it's just one guy by the looks of his twitter account.

Funnily enough he slagged Carlos off and got a reply;

CC: I will always try my best and do things correct and I can’t do more than this. We are not working in normal circumstances #swfcLIVE

2 championship teams who are never in the PL together except 25 years ago. Except in Sheffield this game isn't going to be attractive. If we were both in the top league at the top end with more internationals and recognisable players I'm sure sky would have a giant build-up and call it 'Steel Friday'. Until then it will just be another game for the nation to put a cheeky bet on if they are bored or addicted.

Talk sport has mentioned the game (in between droning on and on about the Sanchez transfer) and they have live commentary.

Alan Brazil kept referring to the game as the 'steel derby'.

some other presenter read out the form guide and concluded "it should be a very even contest"

Ive heard two interviews with Chav Wilder and one interview with Wednesday err legend wee pipe from wee pipe and Dom lol