Hirst To Meet The CEO?

The new CEO and Manager need to take full advantage of the infancy of their new roles. Tough decisions and big demands can be made by both early on. For the new CEO she needs to insist on full discretion on decisions, especially on a commercial basis,  and Jos needs to have full control over transfers, his backroom staff and contracts. 

The time has come for the Chairman to take on the role of a sleeping partner. He's given the ball a very good kick, but he has missed by a whisker. It's time to let someone else have the ball. If he can't see that, we will sleepwalk into FFP issues, and another 5 years in this league. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vulva said:

The new CEO and Manager need to take full advantage of the infancy of their new roles. Tough decisions and big demands can be made by both early on. For the new CEO she needs to insist on full discretion on decisions, especially on a commercial basis,  and Jos needs to have full control over transfers, his backroom staff and contracts. 

The time has come for the Chairman to take on the role of a sleeping partner. He's given the ball a very good kick, but he has missed by a whisker. It's time to let someone else have the ball. If he can't see that, we will sleepwalk into FFP issues, and another 5 years in this league. 

Very sound post

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, vulva said:

Carlos rated a Hirst very highly. I know that for a fact. 

Wouldnt be surprised if Swansea came in for him. 

Yeah.

Thats why '1 knee Fletch', 'Can't score Attey' and 'Bambi Lucas' were consistently picked ahead of George in the first team squad.

10/10 for effort for effort though, vulva.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

Yeah.

Thats why '1 knee Fletch', 'Can't score Attey' and 'Bambi Lucas' were consistently picked ahead of George in the first team squad.

With the greatest of respect, you don't have a clue. Not a clue. 

8 minutes ago, darklord said:

Didn't chansiri allude to the fact that hirst and co were ignoring communications? 

Why would they do that unless they had no intention of taking on am offer from us

He did, but the reason might be what was in the communications!

Our new CEO may just be able to act as a bridge to get Hirst Jnr back on board. If so she will gain huge respect from the fans and if not, nobody expecting anything given the damage already done so it's really a win, win for her.

6 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Yeah.

Woooooooooooooosh!!!!!

Guest Willow Owl

As long as we do not give in to the Hirst camps ridiculous wage demands then give it a go. I fear though that this ship had already sailed. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

As long as we do not give in to the Hirst camps ridiculous wage demands then give it a go. I fear though that this ship had already sailed. 

What ridiculous wage demands?

For some reason I have the image of George, his dad and a representative walking into her office and her just ripping into them. Rightly or wrongly I ascribe to the viewpoint that Hirst is asking for far too much money... yes I doubt the club is innocent in all of this but I also suspect they're being completely unrealistic in their demands. Get the feeling our new CEO will tell it like it is, which amuses me greatly.

That may not be a very popular opinion on here due to how Chansiri and the Hirsts are viewed on here, but at the very least there's gonna be a fresh set of eyes and perspective on the situation. It's the best chance any party has to having a fair assessment of the situation. Just hope Ms Meire offers that fair assessment. 

I'm pretty sure the new CEO will be fully aware of the suspicion among fans of her as an employee based on her documented history - and also what her remit may be

I'm sure she would like a few "easy wins" with the fans to reverse that kind of thinking - and the Hirst saga resolution will fall into that category - along with maybe sorting out the scandalous ticket prices and returning to stripes etc.

However, it depends on how wide that remit is and whether the owner will allow rebuilding of bridges that he feels were burned - and whether he has taken it so personally to be affronted to the point of closing the door?

But the warning is always that quick easy wins can come at a cost further down the line - and thats a delicate balancing act

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, striker said:

Time to sort this kerfuffle out, hirst jnr to come on as a second half sub at bumhole lane, score a hat trick, everyone is happy  lol

Just imagine that tho

i think I’d cry if this was to happen

1 minute ago, scram said:

I'm pretty sure the new CEO will be fully aware of the suspicion among fans of her as an employee based on her documented history - and also what her remit may be

I'm sure she would like a few "easy wins" with the fans to reverse that kind of thinking - and the Hirst saga resolution will fall into that category - along with maybe sorting out the scandalous ticket prices and returning to stripes etc.

However, it depends on how wide that remit is and whether the owner will allow rebuilding of bridges that he feels were burned - and whether he has taken it so personally to be affronted to the point of closing the door?

But the warning is always that quick easy wins can come at a cost further down the line - and thats a delicate balancing act

Agree, but the Hirst situation is an open goal for her. We aren't talking about a £10m transfer. It might cost us a few quid in wages, but it's a calculated gamble, and would do the whole club, and her in particular, a massive favour in terms of PR.