Hirst To Meet The CEO?

9 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

fizz me I hope I never hear you complaining about ticket prices if that's your kind of income jesus christ.

Made for life for me is no mortgage, No car payments etc just need to earn enough to cover utilities and essentials which even basic wage job would Cover.

Infact if he was uber sensible he could buy a normal pad, normal car stick a million in bank and be guaranteed 2.5K every month from his bank so never have to work again if 12K per week is right.

lol Have you seen house prices in London? £50k a year won't get you far here mate.

If you hear me complaining about ticket prices, it's not because I can't afford them, it's because I know that many can't.

• Like 2

if it’s true about the demand for 15k a week then surely lad won’t be extending his contract with us. Don’t get me wrong he’s set the U23s alight, represented England youth very well and has bags of potential but this is a lad who’s played 1 match at senior level! 

We have brought this on ourselves a little with some of the wages we are paying to the seniors (and thrown in Audi R8s apparently)!  

I hope some sense is seen and wage demands are lowered (once again if true) and we can either get the lad out on loan in league 1! 

3 minutes ago, londonowl said:

lol Have you seen house prices in London? £50k a year won't get you far here mate.

If you hear me complaining about ticket prices, it's not because I can't afford them, it's because I know that many can't.

I predict (at early 30s) that I’ll need about 5m liquid assets if I’m to retire at 60.

So it’s a ton of cash he needs now if he’s going to sort himself for life.

Cash that we haven’t offered

1 minute ago, flash said:

if it’s true about the demand for 15k a week then surely lad won’t be extending his contract with us. Don’t get me wrong he’s set the U23s alight, represented England youth very well and has bags of potential but this is a lad who’s played 1 match at senior level! 

We have brought this on ourselves a little with some of the wages we are paying to the seniors (and thrown in Audi R8s apparently)!  

I hope some sense is seen and wage demands are lowered (once again if true) and we can either get the lad out on loan in league 1! 

Should swap those out for Lada’s until they start performing. 

• Haha 1

From this Hirst situation, there is a couple of things the chairman has said that I'm suprised nobody has picked up on.

Chansiri said they were prepared to make Hirst the highest paid youngster in the club's history. Ok, I don't doubt that for a minute. But, how many other players have made multiple England appearances and received offers over £3m? He is the only youngster I can remember that has had any transfer value or serious potential probably since I started watching Wednesday nearly 40 years ago. 

The club are willing to break the youth pay structure to keep him. Again, I have no doubt they will do, but when you consider our top end u23s earn £800 a week they would have to improve on that. 

The first contract offer made by Wednesday was for £2k a week, for a player they valued at more than £3m. Is that a good deal? 

There are 2 sides to this story and just because the chairman has made his side public, doesn't make him right. 

2 minutes ago, David1867 said:

From this Hirst situation, there is a couple of things the chairman has said that I'm suprised nobody has picked up on.

Chansiri said they were prepared to make Hirst the highest paid youngster in the club's history. Ok, I don't doubt that for a minute. But, how many other players have made multiple England appearances and received offers over £3m? He is the only youngster I can remember that has had any transfer value or serious potential probably since I started watching Wednesday nearly 40 years ago. 

The club are willing to break the youth pay structure to keep him. Again, I have no doubt they will do, but when you consider our top end u23s earn £800 a week they would have to improve on that. 

The first contract offer made by Wednesday was for £2k a week, for a player they valued at more than £3m. Is that a good deal? 

There are 2 sides to this story and just because the chairman has made his side public, doesn't make him right. 

Have Wednesday really received offers in excess of £3M for George Hirst?  Can't remember seeing this in any official SWFC website.

7 minutes ago, flash said:

There can be no relation whatsoever that a PROVEN first team player can command in wages compared to an unproven development player

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

At Charlton she was involved in setting up a policy of getting their best young players signed up to longer contracts, because they lost Diego Poyet to West Ham on the cheap and didn’t want it to happen again.

So it wouldn’t surprise me if one of her initial tasks is signing up our best youngsters, like Penney last week 

Yeah before selling them on. 

11 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I predict (at early 30s) that I’ll need about 5m liquid assets if I’m to retire at 60.

So it’s a ton of cash he needs now if he’s going to sort himself for life.

Cash that we haven’t offered

5mill in assets??? 

9 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Of course it doesn't, it's the fact that he owns the club, it's his money and he's not going to be had round the corner by an unproven youth that makes him right, and fair play to him for it.

Could it be that doyen (Hirst's agents) maybe put out the offer stories out to the press. They've been know to do it In the past. Just to put a bit of pressure on the club. 

(just throwing that out there, no itk, don't really care, just thinking out loud). 

Also we are in January, whys he not slinged his hook? If he's being chased and he's wanted? That Brazilian lads managed to negotiate a 142 million pound deal. Whys George not done one? 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Of course it doesn't, it's the fact that he owns the club, it's his money and he's not going to be had round the corner by an unproven youth that makes him right, and fair play to him for it.

He won't be "had round the corner" by Hirst but the list of first team players that have bent him over is eye watering and in my opinion makes the situation even worse. 

2 hours ago, vulva said:

The new CEO and Manager need to take full advantage of the infancy of their new roles. Tough decisions and big demands can be made by both early on. For the new CEO she needs to insist on full discretion on decisions, especially on a commercial basis,  and Jos needs to have full control over transfers, his backroom staff and contracts. 

The time has come for the Chairman to take on the role of a sleeping partner. He's given the ball a very good kick, but he has missed by a whisker. It's time to let someone else have the ball. If he can't see that, we will sleepwalk into FFP issues, and another 5 years in this league. 

Hit the nail on the head 

4 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

5mill in assets??? 

I think he's overstating it. He said he would need 5 mil in assets to retire when he is 60, that's assuming inflation so 5 mil in 30 years is not like having 5 million now. That being said, I'm 40 and if you paid me £12k a week for 4 years, I wouldn't be able to retire at the end of it.