Hirst To Meet The CEO?

Penny is with Doyen and she sorted that out last week, so she knows the representative she will be dealing with. penny was out of contract in summer and is one we did not want to lose. lets hope she is building on this. I sincerely hope he is back training and Luhukay is aware of him and potential talent as current strikers are having trouble finding back of net. Only Hooper has been scoring of front men. i remeber jack Charlton saying a striker is only good when he is scoring after he sold Tommy Tynan who was on barren run at time.

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Agree, but the Hirst situation is an open goal for her. We aren't talking about a £10m transfer. It might cost us a few quid in wages, but it's a calculated gamble, and would do the whole club, and her in particular, a massive favour in terms of PR. 

You could make the argument we're in the conundrum we're in with a squad of overpaid players because we broke the wage structure at the club in an effort to get a quick fix

Is it really wise to do so again just to keep an unproven teenager at the club? (Assuming that the talk of Hirst asking for wages in line with established first-teamers is true)

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

What ridiculous wage demands?

Did you not read DC statement on the Hirst situation? If not please do so. 

He was offered the biggest contract ever offered to one of our development players and refused it. 

Also please note that Penny (one of our brightest prospects)  has just signed new deal so what does that tell you. 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

You could make the argument we're in the conundrum we're in with a squad of overpaid players because we broke the wage structure at the club in an effort to get a quick fix

Is it really wise to do so again just to keep an unproven teenager at the club? (Assuming that the talk of Hirst asking for wages in line with established first-teamers is true)

Agree, to a point, but one of our biggest issues is breaking the wage structure for players who won't get any better, or ever be valued any higher.  

4 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Did you not read DC statement on the Hirst situation? If not please do so. 

He was offered the biggest contract ever offered to one of our development players and refused it. 

Also please note that Penny (one of our brightest prospects)  has just signed new deal so what does that tell you. 

This will be an interesting response, expecting Hillsborough Mole to tell us how they’re very close to the Hirsts and there’s 2 sides to every story :) 

The fact Penney has been offered a 1 year deal (compared to the deals offered to JW and GH) should tell you exactly how ‘bright’ a prospect he is...

Doyen aren’t the problem in the GH case. If the player wants to sign, he signs. 

As Scram rightly said, Meire will be looking at all options to get some quick wins. I would expect some early, positive clarification on Bullen’s role to be one of these. 

I'd be surprised if this can get resolved. If Hirst is wanted by PL teams, we can't sensibly match what they can offer (it's only an open goal if we disregard that), and the club freezing him out for refusing to sign probably makes it very difficult for anybody to walk their position back. 

46 minutes ago, vulva said:

The new CEO and Manager need to take full advantage of the infancy of their new roles. Tough decisions and big demands can be made by both early on. For the new CEO she needs to insist on full discretion on decisions, especially on a commercial basis,  and Jos needs to have full control over transfers, his backroom staff and contracts. 

The time has come for the Chairman to take on the role of a sleeping partner. He's given the ball a very good kick, but he has missed by a whisker. It's time to let someone else have the ball. If he can't see that, we will sleepwalk into FFP issues, and another 5 years in this league. 

Ordinarily id fully agree with this, but given the history at Charlton I hope DC keeps an eye in with her.

45 minutes ago, scram said:

I'm pretty sure the new CEO will be fully aware of the suspicion among fans of her as an employee based on her documented history - and also what her remit may be

I'm sure she would like a few "easy wins" with the fans to reverse that kind of thinking - and the Hirst saga resolution will fall into that category - along with maybe sorting out the scandalous ticket prices and returning to stripes etc.

However, it depends on how wide that remit is and whether the owner will allow rebuilding of bridges that he feels were burned - and whether he has taken it so personally to be affronted to the point of closing the door?

But the warning is always that quick easy wins can come at a cost further down the line - and thats a delicate balancing act

Not at any point during her time at Charlton did she show the slightest sign that she gives a flying f**k if the fans are on side or not. I don't think 'easy wins' to appease the fans will be particularly high in her agenda.

Not saying it won't happen, just saying if it does, it won't be because KM is trying to win a popularity contest.

I'll be honest I'm not ITK just a rumour I've heard but if right we have already offered him too much imo.

Lad would have been made for life on a 4year deal if figure I've heard is right Infact if we only offered 50% of what I've been told he'd be made for life.

We have to offer what we think he's worth if he thinks he can get more than that's his prerogative and we should all move on and nobody is to blame just 1 of those things.