Burton's first goal

Their first goal on Monday has highlighted something we've all said for a long time. We need a big massive lobster in CM to stop them just waltzing through us. Someone who isn't scared of a tackle, but better then Hutchinson in that regards obviously, who would have put his foot in on Monday and we maybe wouldn't have gone 1 down.

People say we need pace. That we do. But its painfully obvious we need a bit more fight and aggression that we need speed. So come on DC, buy a good defensive CM.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

I am 67 yrs old, played football at a low level, but every team at that time had some one who would have taken him out before the 2nd player was bypassed.

Better to give away a free kick than a goal.

I thought you were 150!

WTF:

• Haha 7

Guest Kameron

Burtonlona outclassed us , their first goal was a worldly reminiscent of Marodona in 86, Flanagan left 7 of our players sat on their arses before guiding the ball home, you sometimes have to take it on the chin and admit we were no match for a side from a village with a population of 22, two dogs and cow and three flipping sheep.  We should be okay for Saturday though Loovens made is down stairs in time to sign for his new Zimmer frame and Rhodes is down at spec savers so should now be able to see that big flip off rectangular net from 1/2 a yard away.

He wouldn't have got through if Hutch was on the pitch. We do need someone else to play that role as well, Hutch can't be relied on to stay fit.

An enforcer at CB wouldn't go amiss either.

2 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Burtonlona outclassed us , their first goal was a worldly reminiscent of Marodona in 86, Flanagan left 7 of our players sat on their arses before guiding the ball home, you sometimes have to take it on the chin and admit we were no match for a side from a village with a population of 22, two dogs and cow and three flipping sheep.  We should be okay for Saturday though Loovens made is down stairs in time to sign for his new Zimmer frame and Rhodes is down at spec savers so should now be able to see that big flip off rectangular net from 1/2 a yard away.

I wouldn't have minded if he'd done that, at least it would show we had tried to tackle him. The problem is nobody made the attempt.

26 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I am 67 yrs old, played football at a low level, but every team at that time had some one who would have taken him out before the 2nd player was bypassed.

Better to give away a free kick than a goal.

Ah yes the days of Norman Hunter, Nobby stiles, Billy Bremner, Chopper Harris, Tommy Smith, David Webb etc etc.. Not forgetting our very own Tony Kay of course.

Wonderful times.

Today's referees would be waving red cards in the warm up 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Burton fans are probably comparing it to John Barnes' effort against Brazil at the Maracana

I said on the way out that the last goal I saw like that was Maradona's 2nd in the 1986 world cup against England...

Appalling goal to give away against a bloke who up to that point [and after] had the first touch and dribbling skills of a shopping trolley.

• Like 1

2-3 players should have put in a tackle before Loovens. I did realise that Butterfield was on a yellow though so if he goes in at the angle he's stood at and gets it wrong he's getting sent off. I don't rate Butterfield but will afford him some leniency there.

Loovens however is a disgrace in that goal, back turned, neshes the challenge. Couldn't look more disinterested if he tried. If I was manager I'd honestly fine him for it, it was that much of a disgrace. There will be plenty of examples but I can't remember for a long time a Wednesday centreback bottle something so much and just appear not to care. Made my blood boil seeing that.  

• Like 1