Burton's first goal

No fight or bite, no bottle, no grit or determination outside of Hutchinson .. I've forgot the number of times we bottle tackles at the minute ..

Players scared of getting injured knowing current/lack of medical staff?

flip knows

Every bugger knows, you wipe the bugger out who's on his slalom run ... just take his legs for gods sake

Same with Venancio for the 2nd goal .. no attempt to slide in and a least put a block in or put him off .. come on ffs

4 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

No fight or bite, no bottle, no grit or determination outside of Hutchinson .. I've forgot the number of times we bottle tackles at the minute ..

Players scared of getting injured knowing current/lack of medical staff?

flip knows

Every bugger knows, you wipe the bugger out who's on his slalom run ... just take his legs for gods sake

Same with Venancio for the 2nd goal .. no attempt to slide in and a least put a block in or put him off .. come on ffs

Can't blame him for second goal tbf, had he have slid he'd have given away a foul and been sent off.

Watch Loovens and he doesn’t tackle. He lets the call hit him and deflects it away most of the time or just dangles a leg in. You never see him make a proper tackle. Even when he almost severed the Ipswich players bellend he just dangled his leg in. 

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Watch Loovens and he doesn’t tackle. He lets the call hit him and deflects it away most of the time or just dangles a leg in. You never see him make a proper tackle. Even when he almost severed the Ipswich players bellend he just dangled his leg in. 

Loovens is proper gash though, has been our weaklink for a while. Yet some on here when I suggested this last time said he was good lol

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Ah yes the days of Norman Hunter, Nobby stiles, Billy Bremner, Chopper Harris, Tommy Smith, David Webb etc etc.. Not forgetting our very own Tony Kay of course.

Wonderful times.

Today's referees would be waving red cards in the warm up 

When men were men, and the ladies were grateful of it.

To be serious, all it took was for some one to take a Yellow for the team, some thing like that gets the fans onside too.

Last season at Newcastle we were not only tactically well set-up and played really good football, but we were properly physical too. Gayle was getting upset about it if I recall. Many of the same personnel were playing that night, with a back four of Palmer, Lees, Loovens and Pudil.

Why can't we tackle any more?

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

I am 67 yrs old, played football at a low level, but every team at that time had some one who would have taken him out before the 2nd player was bypassed.

Better to give away a free kick than a goal.

Me too. Our defensive moto was " you don't get passed us, not with the ball anyway."

2 hours ago, paul92vr6 said:

On that goal it just needed Loovens to do what he is paid for instead of turning his back like a 5 year old ffs

2 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

100% this.

I don't give a fuuuuuuuck if he had man flu. That was absolutely HORRIFIC from him.

He started practically on the half way line and waltzed past about 6 other players before he got to Loovens. To pick out the captain is a bit harsh IMO.

7 minutes ago, ramone said:

He started practically on the half way line and waltzed past about 6 other players before he got to Loovens. To pick out the captain is a bit harsh IMO.

Whilst I completely agree that a tackle or four should have been made prior to getting to Loovens, the fact of the matter is he bottled the tackle which is at Jesse 70/30 in his favour to win, he turn his back and then looked like he didn't give a bobbar. 

The fact he's doing this and he is captain needs highlighting, not ignoring because he is the captain. Leader and follow his example, he set a wee wee poor one there.

Surely even you can't defend Loovens for that goal? Forget everything that lead to Flanagan getting near Loovens, is there anything else to describe what Glenn did other than pathetic and embarrassing? 

8 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Whilst I completely agree that a tackle or four should have been made prior to getting to Loovens, the fact of the matter is he bottled the tackle which is at Jesse 70/30 in his favour to win, he turn his back and then looked like he didn't give a bobbar. 

The fact he's doing this and he is captain needs highlighting, not ignoring because he is the captain. Leader and follow his example, he set a wee wee poor one there.

Surely even you can't defend Loovens for that goal? Forget everything that lead to Flanagan getting near Loovens, is there anything else to describe what Glenn did other than pathetic and embarrassing? 

My point is the fact you pick Loovens out when he was probably the 5th or 6th person to have to make a tackle. Not defending his contribution, just the fact you picked him out over everyone else is harsh. Captain or not. He was ill by the way and Bullen begged him to play...

Also, can you please explain what you mean by 'Surely even you can't defend Loovens'? 

Guest Manwithastick
2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Their first goal on Monday has highlighted something we've all said for a long time. We need a big massive lobster in CM to stop them just waltzing through us. Someone who isn't scared of a tackle, but better then Hutchinson in that regards obviously, who would have put his foot in on Monday and we maybe wouldn't have gone 1 down.

People say we need pace. That we do. But its painfully obvious we need a bit more fight and aggression that we need speed. So come on DC, buy a good defensive CM.

shediac-s-giant-lobster.jpg

Edited by Manwithastick

2 hours ago, prowl said:

He wouldn't have got through if Hutch was on the pitch. We do need someone else to play that role as well, Hutch can't be relied on to stay fit.

An enforcer at CB wouldn't go amiss either.

I wouldn't have minded if he'd done that, at least it would show we had tried to tackle him. The problem is nobody made the attempt.

Hutch was spoken to on Saturday and stated he was fit but left out of the squad !!

Edited by jimmy shoe