Paul Lambert

Guest everydays_wednesday
1 minute ago, modboy said:

Please get him appointed so we can prepare for the derby

Agree, as we are currently prepared for a heavy defeat :-(

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fair enough, but having achieved such amazing feats, both Wolves and Blackburn got rid of him Yes they were under pressure from supporters who didn’t take to him, but that’s true at most clubs once a manager runs out of ideas 

Nope, he quit Blackburn. He left Wolves as a result of a disagreement over recruitment not team performance. 

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fair enough, but having achieved such amazing feats, both Wolves and Blackburn got rid of him Yes they were under pressure from supporters who didn’t take to him, but that’s true at most clubs once a manager runs out of ideas 

1 minute ago, Miruic said:

Nope, he quit Blackburn. He left Wolves as a result of a disagreement over recruitment not team performance. 

What he said!

16 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Lambert talked about wanting his team to press high up the pitch and play at high tempo. It’s not as if he is a long ball merchant. He has had success at both ends of the table. 

He'll soon realise our fitness & conditioning issues.

Based upon what I saw from us yesterday and what I saw Lambert do for Norwich, I’d welcome him with open arms. 

If we recruit a bit of pace up front and at the back and some midfield aggression this window then we can have a right go with Lambert when the injured return. 

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Having said, it’s not my idea of a good appointment, I am a little intrigued by Lamberts decision to go and see what they are doing in Germany That suggests, that perhaps he is prepared to embrace new ideas, we’ll see

Couple of cans from the supermarket worked for Wilder at the start.

We are doing ours differently and going back to the Hirst, Sheridan, Palmer pre match team talk - German style.

Nightmare is doing a turn in leather shorts. Gangnam style

514ljRm+aBL.jpg

26 minutes ago, madfan said:

Has anyone any idea if he would even consider a move here ?

Rumour (and it is just that) is that the club have spoken to him already. Must be some interest. Apparently the club are looking for a "sexier" name (hence Villas Boas, Fonseca etc)

1 minute ago, axolotl said:

Rumour (and it is just that) is that the club have spoken to him already. Must be some interest. Apparently the club are looking for a "sexier" name (hence Villas Boas, Fonseca etc)

Thanks for that  - hope we get a move on.

Guest wilyfox

AVB struggled in English football. Pressure at Chelsea was too great. At Spurs. I remember the Bale money being squandered, and he loaded up on defensive mids and no.10s. Very turgid football. Carlos MKII. No ta, keep ya fancy name.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

AVB struggled in English football. Pressure at Chelsea was too great. At Spurs. I remember the Bale money being squandered, and he loaded up on defensive mids and no.10s. Very turgid football. Carlos MKII. No ta, keep ya fancy name.

Agree with you there. We need to take our head out of the clouds and deal with the now.

Guest Bulgaria
21 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Can you explain why that is any way relevant?

Maybe he knows about the British leagues, has more contacts and knows about greno woods.

6 minutes ago, axolotl said:

This (alleged) "sexy" name obsession from Mr Chansiri gets right on my wick!!!

If it was April and we sat safely in midtable then I could stomach it. But it's the turn of the year, we are in shocking form and the caretaker has all but admitted he's not up to the job.

Time to stop fannying around and get a bloke in ASAP who can sort this all out!

FFS

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Agreed, I'd also ask serious questions of a manager who quits his job to take part in a motor race... seriously, what's all that about??

Appointing him would be a very very expensive mistake.