Paul Lambert

I'd be quite happy with Lambert. Forget the so called "exciting" foreign appointments, worry about those if/when we're in the prem. 

We have to realise who we are and where we are, we're a club who hasn't been in the premier league for 18 years, we desperately need to get back there, someone like Lambert could do that, he has experience of doing it, and he won't take no shiit. 

His record is good imo considering each circumstance at each club he was at. I'd also say that if we appoint Lambert it gives me hope that he will have a big say in future transfers, as I dont think he is the type of manager who would come here otherwise. 

If it is him I hope the fans give him time too, this mess wont be sorted quickly, but if he's afforded the same time as Carlos was, with 4 or 5 transfer windows I'm confident we will be in a much better position than when he arrived, unlike Carlos. 

16 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Do you understand the state we are in?

Lambert would be a great catch at this point but if I were him I would go to Forest, they have some decent young players. 

If that is the reality, what a disaster A squad, good enough to reach the play off final, and augmented by £30m of new signings, to one that is struggling to stay up

48 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Lambert would be fine.

people always say ‘ this one is our most important appointment for years etc’. In this case it really isn’t. We won’t go down or up this season, it just needs someone to sail the ship to mid table and maybe 6 or 7 more wins. Then we can regroup over summer and start again. It is probably the least important managerial appointment i can remember.

You've seen the form table right ?

32 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Do you understand the state we are in?

Lambert would be a great catch at this point but if I were him I would go to Forest, they have some decent young players. 

Why the hell are we in such a state with the squad we have. Yes we are playing crap but are people get a good new manager in and you never know we could sneak in to those play offs. 

• Haha 1

Paul Lambert is an experienced manager who's had some success at this level when properly backed in the past. He also has something to prove after he lost his job at Wolves. In a way, he could be the managerial equivalent of our signings of Bannan and Hooper: experienced, but still with the fire needed to make a fight of it at Wednesday.

I just hope we don't mess him around offering him a deal until the end of the season, as he's better than that. Give him a decent contract and let him get on with sorting out this mess.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Paul Lambert is an experienced manager who's had some success at this level when properly backed in the past. He also has something to prove after he lost his job at Wolves. In a way, he could be the managerial equivalent of our signings of Bannan and Hooper: experienced, but still with the fire needed to make a fight of it at Wednesday.

I just hope we don't mess him around offering him a deal until the end of the season, as he's better than that. Give him a decent contract and let him get on with sorting out this mess.

More likely to be the managerial equivalent to Jordan Rhodes

I’m not against this at all I quite like him and I like how his teams play. His record is quite good. My only worry is he likes to play on the counter and hit teams on the break usually, and at the moment we haven’t got the right players to play that way. 

4 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I’m not against this at all I quite like him and I like how his teams play. His record is quite good. My only worry is he likes to play on the counter and hit teams on the break usually, and at the moment we haven’t got the right players to play that way. 

Meanwhile we have got the right players to play....er, how exactly? lol:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

No he isn’t. Forest’s no.1 target is Karanka. They also have an interest in Heckingbottom.

Heckingbottom should be on our radar but of course he won't be !

5 minutes ago, Watto said:

Heckingbottom should be on our radar but of course he won't be !

Paul Heckingbottom is a coach who's time at one club has been supported by an experienced recruitment team.

Paul Lambert is a manager who has experience at a number of clubs similar in stature to ours.

I wish people understood the difference.

I would be happy with Lambert.

He ticks all of the boxes : promotions, decent football, championship experience, experience avoiding relegation.

He also knows that he’s coming to a club with a talented squad - sort out fitness, health next season and anything can happen.

Edited by fife_owl

He’s not a car crash appointment, but for me, it would be an acceptance of our mediocrity

I’ve watched on, dismayed as we continued to recruit players whose best days were behind them Bringing in all these mid table championship players, was only going to achieve one thing, mid table mediocrity

Well we are exactly where I suggested we would be come the end of the season

My hope would be, that we would appoint a bright young coach, with fresh ideas, and who’d reverse our recruitment policy

Appointing Lambert, it would seem that the same recruitment team are still in place Get with it, the game has moved on

Edited by gurujuan

1 minute ago, deano said:

I really dont get the call for Heckingbottom, he has done nothing. 

He’s been supported by a fantastic recruitment team at Barnsley but I do really like him, struggling this season because they just haven’t brought the players in , but last season he did a fantastic job there 

44 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Good , then he will change the playing staff 

Far to much negativity surrounding him - yes he hasn’t been a success everywhere but who has?

He did well at Norwich and Wycombe, kept a mediocre Villa in the Prem etc

People need to put personal views aside and get behind him (or whoever comes in).  We are in a mess and all support needs to be positive and channelled in to keeping us in the Champ so we can build again next term. 

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

He’s been supported by a fantastic recruitment team at Barnsley but I do really like him, struggling this season because they just haven’t brought the players in , but last season he did a fantastic job there 

Didnt they finish mid table last season, sure, limited resources but a good manager will find a way, Wagner for example. If you dont have the resources, find a system that works and exploit the loan market where possible. 

Not seen anything to suggest he would be a good appointment, nothing against him.