Paul Lambert

It's not one that gets you giddy, but perhaps the pragmatic appointment that is required. I was really impressed with Wolves last season at Hillsborough, it was 0-0 but they should have won easily. He may even feel he has a point to prove after Wolves dropped him. 

I've said it a few times, but we may just follow Brighton's path. Foreign coach gets to playoffs twice and fails, then gets sacked as they are the wrong end of the table. British coach comes in to steady the ship for half a season, work it all out and then go up the next season (as Brighton should have when they came 3rd with their point tally). 

Guest We Shall Overcome

We will have a Proper Manager and Staff, that will build a team that can hold its own in the Premier League,so i suggest people need to stop jumping to conclusions over speculation, in the Media and Forums like this one, about our next Manager, and New CEO,  need to take a step back,and hold their tongues, or they could be looking foolish once again.

6 minutes ago, ZIMMY said:

We will have a Proper Manager and Staff, that will build a team that can hold its own in the Premier League,so i suggest people need to stop jumping to conclusions over speculation, in the Media and Forums like this one, about our next Manager, and New CEO,  need to take a step back,and hold their tongues, or they could be looking foolish once again.

Thanks for this.

I live with a perpetual dread of looking foolish. There's just nothing worse than someone pointing at you and saying, "you just made yourself look foolish", is there?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Why the hell are we in such a state with the squad we have. Yes we are playing crap but are people get a good new manager in and you never know we could sneak in to those play offs. 

It doesn’t matter how good your squad is if they are all in the treatment room.

Injuries and overall fitness is a really big issue that is coming to a head after being hidden under Carlos.

We , fans that is, have absolutely no idea when or if players will be back and I am not sure the management are any wiser.

We need somebody in quick as manager who has contacts and the backing to bring 3 or 4 loans in . Pick any position you want but at least one centre half

Not talking world beaters here, just players who are athletic, strong and stay fit . 

1 hour ago, ZIMMY said:

Zimmy, I ask for your forgiveness for starting this thread.

Though to be fair I said it may not be right.

• Haha 2

Our '1st eleven ' plus a couple of others should ensure we stay in this division if they are ever fit .The big , big mistake by Carlos was to bring in the garbage to make up the numbers on the training pitch .That same number have had to turn out as a group over the past couple of games and surprise surprise the garbage produced garbage .You can absorb a bit of garbage to cover 1 maybe 2 injuries but it obviously doesn't work when your'trying to cover for a whole team of injured players . Whoever the Manager , we need to get rid of the golden oldies and bring in some young , pacy , enthusiastic players who are genuinely going to challenge for a starting shirt . Lambert may have the contacts and knowledge to do this with players on loan prior to a serious rebuilding of the squad . 

Can't get any worse - can it ?