Paul Lambert

Given the circumstances and that he kept Wolves and Blackburn up in similar circumstances it’s a sensible choice if so. I think going for a “name” for the sake of it who isn’t used to this situation would be suicidal. That kind of change needed to be made months ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Given the circumstances and that he kept Wolves and Blackburn up in similar circumstances it’s a sensible choice if so. I think going for a “name” for the sake of it who isn’t used to this situation would be suicidal. That kind of change needed to be made months ago.

Agreed. I think the brief has gradually changed from getting into the play offs to staying in the Championship.

• Like 2

After today I honestly don't know what to think anymore..off field appointments and on field performance 

i was totally against the idea of lambert yesterday/this morning, but the way we are going at present I think we would be lucky to have him, cos I can see a left field yes man heading S6 way

1 minute ago, Markowski77 said:

After today I honestly don't know what to think anymore..off field appointments and on field performance 

i was totally against the idea of lambert yesterday/this morning, but the way we are going at present I think we would be lucky to have him, cos I can see a left field yes man heading S6 way

Yep, he wouldn’t have been my choice in the summer or even on Christmas Eve. But he’s probably one of the more obtainable managers who are used to a scrap. The window is open and needs to be used so there is no more time to waste now. 

It’s not a terrible appointment by any stretch of the imagination. You have to almost remove two of his jobs from your thinking....Blackburn and Villa. Two clubs massively on the decline before he got there.  Wolves are obviously hugely ambitious and had ideas way above lambert and half of the premier league.

not my first choice but has experience in managing many players at this level and the premier league.

4 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I think under the circumstances I would be happy with Lambert.  

Better than someone from abroad who doesn't have first hand experience of the Championship.

He is a decent championship manager british and managed in prem i think he be a good appointment .