Post your top 5 choices.

58 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Very tough to name many suitable candidates imo. 

I think first and foremost it needs to be someone with plenty of experience. Preferably in the championship or at a similar standard. 

Personally I'm against an "up and comer" type simply because of the type of players we currently have in the squad. Nothing against the likes of Paul Hurst or any other lower league/inexperienced option, but I just can't see them easily gaining the respect of Hooper, Fletcher, Bannan, Westwood, FF etc. Big names at this level and it needs to be someone who they instantly respect (in football terms) for me.

On top of that there's the expectation of a (relatively) big club. Very different to managing Barnsley or Brentford. Really don't get the clamour for Heckingbottom. He's done nothing apart from a 6 month spell with an excellent group of players. Or Dean Smith, who's also done very little and you could argue Brentford's excellent scouting system and fairly low expectations, makes there's a pretty "easy" job for most managers. 

We have a lot of British players which makes another manager from abroad seem like a massive risk to me. Potential language barrier, inexperience in league etc..

Leaves us looking for someone who would instantly command respect, knows the league, and plays a formation/style that suits our current squad. 

May not be a popular choice but I'm leaning towards someone like Karanka tbh. Available, realistic, knows the league, has had success in this league and plays a formation that I think would suit our players much more than 442.

Then perhaps Pulis. Not for all the same reasons of course, but he'd certainly command respect and I'm sure he'd quickly spot our weaknesses and rectify them in January. Doesn't have to be pretty to win promotion. 

Struggling after that. Mick McCarthy would probably offer similar to Pulis I suppose.

Karanka is the safe bet and probably the least worst of the usual suspects. Could be disastrous however. The problem is this is not a short term appointment and I think as a fanbase we're at our wits end and won't tolerate another brand of side-ways-backwards bobbar-scared turgid testicles for more than a month or so before the knives will be out again.

Edited by TrueOwl

9 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Was just about to post that my dream choices would be 

Rodgers

Fonseca

Tuchel

Henry 

Arteta

But there’s a big fat zero chance any of those would happen 

Well Chansiri does want a big name! 

Imagine if one of those got appointed there would be a lot of messy trousers amongst Wednesday fans

WTF:

Don’t get the Heckingbottom

thing at all. Only two years in management - yes the first 12 months excellent but the second 12 months pretty dire. What a massive gamble that would be.

For me it depends what we’re looking for as a club - if the objective is promotion asap then I’d say McCarthy, Pulis, Pearson or Karanka. If it’s a brief of exciting attacking football with younger hungrier players then I’d be looking at Cook or Smith.

Having said all that I think we’ll probably end up with another foreigner I’ve never heard of! 

This season done in all reality give bullen till end season and build from there people like Paul Cook are not fashionable or tested maybe when we getting out league 1  but really do t think that type manger lead us to promise land but other side of coin I have no idea who would. I would love jankovic spelt wrong but Fulham manager but get impression won't leave the big smoke