Post your top 5 choices.

Love the folk knocking Hecky. He’d be the IDEAL manager for you. Attacking football, doesn’t take any shiiit. 

However, there’s no chance he’d leave us for you. And there’s a billion reasons why. 

Paul Clement. 

Paul Lambert.

Dean Smith.

Gary Megson. 

Steve McLaren. 

One of those would massively improve you.

• Haha 2

If people want to chuck out names like Paul Cook, who for me is a million miles away from being what we need, then I may as well add another who’s probably not quite what it needs (at the moment) 

Kevin Nolan.

A name that will go a lot further in his career than Notts County - Where at the moment he’s doing a brilliant job. 

I’m told he’s created a brilliant working environment between himself, his staff and the players. Most likely because he’s still young to understand the mindset of the modern day player.

If Cook, Hurst and Heckingbottom are to be serious contenders then Nolan must surely be given the same consideration? 

3 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

Karanka is the safe bet and probably the least worst of the usual suspects. Could be disastrous however. The problem is this is not a short term appointment and I think as a fanbase we're at our wits end and won't tolerate another brand of side-ways-backwards bobbar-scared turgid testicles for more than a month or so before the knives will be out again.

This takes us back to the beginning of Carlos' reign, namely what's most important - style or promotion?

Our objectives were confused, so we ended up with the wrong players for pragmatism.

For me it's promotion which matters, and the style doesn't necessarily come with it.

How many non-parachute teams have played their way out of late?

It's Karanka for me, but they'd better get him in before the window opens because there'll be some wheeling and dealing to do, starting with the back line.

I think this thread shows the need for us to have a clear plan of where we go next. So many people’s list is contradictory they have to old fashioned long ball managers and three younger possession based managers for example. 

We we need to decide if we’re looking for a short term fix to try and get us as far up the table this season as possible. Therefore your five might be: Pulis, Megson, McCarthy, Pearson, Lambert. 

Or or do we want to go back to an attractive style and set a style of play for the club in the future and appointment managers who will deliver that like Southampton have done and Swansea did in the past. Therefore your five might be: Hurst, Monk, Poyet, Laudrup, Bergkamp. 

Not it really sure you can have a mix of both. 

Who I'd like

1.Tuchel ( I can but dream )

2.Fonseca ( Surely not going to happen)

3.Ancelotti (like Tuchel out of work )

4.Laudrup (probably more likely than the above)

5.Brendan Rodgers ( does have Us in his blood)

More realistic targets
1 Dean Smith

2 Martin O'Neil
3 Michael O'Niel
4 Ronald Koeman
5 Frank de Boer

I could probably pick another 20 or more before i started to consider
1 Karanka

2 Clement

3 Pullis
4 Megson

5 Lambert

11 minutes ago, wattagit said:

Who I'd like

More realistic targets
1 Dean Smith

2 Martin O'Neil
3 Michael O'Niel
4 Ronald Koeman
5 Frank de Boer

1 Karanka

2 Clement

3 Pullis
4 Megson

5 Lambert

8 hours ago, gizowl said:

Karanka, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ_ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZSSS

True ... but if we get our thieving hands on that £150 million prize money, who cares? Maybe then ticket prices will fall.

They say that Pulis is 'Boro bound.

Gibson wants another pragmatist in charge to emulate Aitor Eyebrows.

I seem to remember Fulham going on all-out attack, then they lost to Reading.

16 minutes ago, wattagit said:

Who I'd like

More realistic targets
1 Dean Smith

2 Martin O'Neil
3 Michael O'Niel
4 Ronald Koeman
5 Frank de Boer

1 Karanka

2 Clement

3 Pullis
4 Megson

5 Lambert

Ryan O'Neil?

Brian Laws - just think what he might achieve with a half-decent budget this time.

Don't need Aitor "19th Nervous Breakdown" Karanka, who cracks up when the going gets tough - remember when Boro lost 1-0 at Rotherfham in 2016?

Got Boro relegated with less than 30 points despite spending a fortune on unsuitable Spaniards and South Americans.

Edited by ReluctantNicko

13 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Was just about to post that my dream choices would be 

Rodgers

Fonseca

Tuchel

Henry 

Arteta

But there’s a big fat zero chance any of those would happen 

Think Arteta would be good choice currently assistant at Manchester City and apparently doing really well. I was not sure if this was practical common sense highly likely selections, dream selections or nightmare time from kists produced. Went for some i thought achievable and more dreamy hopeful choices.

just noticed there is betting on Aston Villas next manager. Now if Bruce is on way out I would like him here he has turned round a mess at villa.

Also surprised Gary Rowett is in betting another who would do a good job and has Derby in contention. Anybody know if there is unrest at these clubs?

Just now, Quist said:

just noticed there is betting on Aston Villas next manager. Now if Bruce is on way out I would like him here he has turned round a mess at villa.

Also surprised Gary Rowett is in betting another who would do a good job and has Derby in contention. Anybody know if there is unrest at these clubs?

No way Rowett would leave derby and come here.

7 minutes ago, Quist said:

Think Arteta would be good choice currently assistant at Manchester City and apparently doing really well. I was not sure if this was practical common sense highly likely selections, dream selections or nightmare time from kists produced. Went for some i thought achievable and more dreamy hopeful choices.

I also did a realistic list before this one, though Fonseca is apparantly on our real list of targets which is amazing. No chance of getting him mind