Post your top 5 choices.

2 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Megson

megson

megson

megson

pearson

OP DEFINITION

To employ someone to do a job who clearly isnt up to it. 
To be Megged - to fail. 
To win nothing. 
Meg-Son 

hey lads - guess what - we are looking to employ someone on the cheap who is a failure - I think we are 'getting a Megson'!
by Samuel Alladyce October 25, 2007
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Sorry, I’m a pragmatist.

1. Pulis

2. McCarthy

3. Lambert

4. Megson

5. Pearson

Chansiri wouldn’t appoint any of those managers - happy to be proved wrong.

Expect a foreign manager to come in, someone who has a bit of class and not abrasive like the above 5.

I expect Karanka. If there is any chance of Paulo Fonseca - get him in. I personally think there is only a 5% chance but that would be the biggest coup in the history of our club. 

Very tough to name many suitable candidates imo. 

I think first and foremost it needs to be someone with plenty of experience. Preferably in the championship or at a similar standard. 

Personally I'm against an "up and comer" type simply because of the type of players we currently have in the squad. Nothing against the likes of Paul Hurst or any other lower league/inexperienced option, but I just can't see them easily gaining the respect of Hooper, Fletcher, Bannan, Westwood, FF etc. Big names at this level and it needs to be someone who they instantly respect (in football terms) for me.

On top of that there's the expectation of a (relatively) big club. Very different to managing Barnsley or Brentford. Really don't get the clamour for Heckingbottom. He's done nothing apart from a 6 month spell with an excellent group of players. Or Dean Smith, who's also done very little and you could argue Brentford's excellent scouting system and fairly low expectations, makes there's a pretty "easy" job for most managers. 

We have a lot of British players which makes another manager from abroad seem like a massive risk to me. Potential language barrier, inexperience in league etc..

Leaves us looking for someone who would instantly command respect, knows the league, and plays a formation/style that suits our current squad. 

May not be a popular choice but I'm leaning towards someone like Karanka tbh. Available, realistic, knows the league, has had success in this league and plays a formation that I think would suit our players much more than 442.

Then perhaps Pulis. Not for all the same reasons of course, but he'd certainly command respect and I'm sure he'd quickly spot our weaknesses and rectify them in January. Doesn't have to be pretty to win promotion. 

Struggling after that. Mick McCarthy would probably offer similar to Pulis I suppose.

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Very tough to name many suitable candidates imo. 

I think first and foremost it needs to be someone with plenty of experience. Preferably in the championship or at a similar standard. 

Personally I'm against an "up and comer" type simply because of the type of players we currently have in the squad. Nothing against the likes of Paul Hurst or any other lower league/inexperienced option, but I just can't see them easily gaining the respect of Hooper, Fletcher, Bannan, Westwood, FF etc. Big names at this level and it needs to be someone who they instantly respect (in football terms) for me.

On top of that there's the expectation of a (relatively) big club. Very different to managing Barnsley or Brentford. Really don't get the clamour for Heckingbottom. He's done nothing apart from a 6 month spell with an excellent group of players. Or Dean Smith, who's also done very little and you could argue Brentford's excellent scouting system and fairly low expectations, makes there's a pretty "easy" job for most managers. 

We have a lot of British players which makes another manager from abroad seem like a massive risk to me. Potential language barrier, inexperience in league etc..

Leaves us looking for someone who would instantly command respect, knows the league, and plays a formation/style that suits our current squad. 

May not be a popular choice but I'm leaning towards someone like Karanka tbh. Available, realistic, knows the league, has had success in this league and plays a formation that I think would suit our players much more than 442.

Then perhaps Pulis. Not for all the same reasons of course, but he'd certainly command respect and I'm sure he'd quickly spot our weaknesses and rectify them in January. Doesn't have to be pretty to win promotion. 

Struggling after that. Mick McCarthy would probably offer similar to Pulis I suppose.

garymegson

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, steveger said:

1.Walkers Beef and Onion

2.Walkers Ready Salted

3.Sensations Roasted Chicken & Thyme

4.Beef Hula Hoops

5.Tudor Gammon Crisps RIP

roger it i'm greedy so....

6. XL Cheese Crisps

7. Golden Wonder Cheese & Onion

8. KP Beef

How could have missed out pickled onion monster munch?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

Gary Megson

Tony Pulis

Neil Harris

Mick McCarthy

Dean Smith

Interesting shout Neil Harris, made a great start to his managerial career and obviously a legend at Millwall, doubt if Mr Chansiri has even heard of him or Paul Hurst for

that matter. We're probably going to need someone with more experience now to attempt to turn this around.

Not seen his name mentioned once,

I know he's not everyones cup of tea but i'd happily take Harry Redknapp even if it's just short term, currently not working, plays attacking football & I think the senior pro's would respect & buy into his man management

Edited by bigsheff

5 minutes ago, bigsheff said:

Not seen his name mentioned once,

I know he's not everyones cup of tea but i'd happily take Harry Redknapp even if it's just short term, currently not working, plays attacking football & I think the senior pro's would respect & buy into his man management

i'm going for the refund if it's him ......

• Like 1