Post your top 5 choices.

Just now, lancashireowl said:

No way Rowett would leave derby and come here.

Is this gut feeling or do you know something which would prevent him doing that. I was surprised he was in betting lists, theyare customised for each club.

Just now, Quist said:

Is this gut feeling or do you know something which would prevent him doing that. I was surprised he was in betting lists, theyare customised for each club.

Not ITK or anything. I know we are a bigger club than Derby but the wages here won’t be massively better than there, they have a great chance of promotion this season and it is an easier job with less pressure. 

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

I also did a realistic list before this one, though Fonseca is apparantly on our real list of targets which is amazing. No chance of getting him mind 

For some reason i am not keen on a Portugese manager as most of them have strong connections with Doyen.

1 minute ago, lancashireowl said:

Not ITK or anything. I know we are a bigger club than Derby but the wages here won’t be massively better than there, they have a great chance of promotion this season and it is an easier job with less pressure. 

Ok I suppose we will have to wait until some one sees Dc in a motorway service station or airport lounge with new chap. Think Owlstalk ought to have competiton for first one with photo of new or poytential manager.

1 hour ago, lancashireowl said:

Agree there's no chance of us getting him. I think they are a bigger club than us, not even sure we have bigger resources. 

pearson                                                                                                                                                                                                                             bilic                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   alex neil                                                                                                                                                                                                                            neil harris                                                                                                                                                                                                                        di canio      

1 minute ago, maldenowl said:

Has Mr Farrell said who he wants? 

I need to see his list.  

Mine would be

Paul Cook. X5

I like Cookie, but could he handle the egos?

What about FF, when he's on one?

We once hired a bluff Lancastrian before who called our Latin incumbents "fancy Dans", and look what happened.

Karanka, by contrast, is himself Latin and has been number 2 to the fragrant Mourinho at Real Madrid.

42 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Agree there's no chance of us getting him. I think they are a bigger club than us, not even sure we have bigger resources. 

Not a bigger club, but they're paying bigger wages than us, and they have a better chance of promotion than us because DC dragged his heels.

3 hours ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Brian Laws - just think what he might achieve with a half-decent budget this time.

Don't need Aitor "19th Nervous Breakdown" Karanka, who cracks up when the going gets tough - remember when Boro lost 1-0 at Rotherfham in 2016?

Got Boro relegated with less than 30 points despite spending a fortune on unsuitable Spaniards and South Americans.

But he got 'em up to get 'em relegated.

I'd take that right now. lol

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I like Cookie, but could he handle the egos?

What about FF, when he's on one?

We once hired a bluff Lancastrian before who called our Latin incumbents "fancy Dans", and look what happened.

Karanka, by contrast, is himself Latin and has been number 2 to the fragrant Mourinho at Real Madrid.

I think he'd be no nonsense.

Nigel Pearson - experience in both Championship and Premier League, experience of Thai owners, ex player, very very good man manager and players will respect him, fans will love him as captain returned but only in blue and white stripes.

Paul Lambert - with good plays at his disposal will play good attractive football, has been promoted in last and is a good man management, develops players under his management and good past of bringing in younger players.

Ator Karanka - Won promotion with Boro, Is well organised and will sort out our defensive issues, has good contacts in the game but was the reason we were fleeced with the price of Rhodes and Reach so sticks to his guns.

Dicanio/Carbone - both have unfinished business with us if it works they could be a dream partnership, the club and fans would be there from day one, other than stint at Sunderland ok record but little experience at this level.

Ryan Giggs - For me if not Pearson then him, great player but will be a better manager, Wednesday would be the perfect job for him, players would look up to him, fans would love him and we might get a few Man Utd kids in our team. Not the experience but he is waiting for the right opportunity and that could be us.

Edited by room0035