How can anyone defend him?

13 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Can you see DC making that decision before January ?

Not till the end of the season.

DC is not going to pay compo for sacking a manager and an entire back room staff (approx 12 people) for the sake of waiting the 5 months until all their contracts are up.

like it or not they’re here till May.

I have little doubt however that plans for replacements are at an advanced stage !

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

No he wouldn't... a 6th and 4th position in successive seasons would have ensured CC got another season. He may well have got rid before now though instead of waiting until January

If Milan was in charge we would have not had a 6th and a 4th place because we would still be buying players from the bargain basement. He wouldn’t have invested the money on the players to get into the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, brazilowl said:

If Milan was in charge we would have not had a 6th and a 4th place because we would still be buying players from the bargain basement. He wouldn’t have invested the money on the players to get into the playoffs. 

True but he knew enough about football to do the right thing to progress

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

True but he knew enough about football to do the right thing to progress

I agree, our main problem is the chairman. He has no idea about football, he doesn’t know what to do next. Milan would have sacked CC because he could see that the money he had invested was going down the pan. 

1 minute ago, brazilowl said:

I agree, our main problem is the chairman. He has no idea about football, he doesn’t know what to do next. Milan would have sacked CC because he could see that the money he had invested was going down the pan. 

Our main problems not a chairman who may be naive or slow to pull the trigger and a 1.0 loss to wolves is not a revival or improvement.the football being played is well shitee.cant call cc management this last year anything other than confusing and negative.only one person to blame and it' the man who picks the formation.team and transfers.blame the money man when there hasn' been any offered

56 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

You've just seen us play the league leaders with TEN of our first team players out...do you really believe we'll go down or is that what you are hoping

Yet because Carlos either still doesn’t know his best team or because the formation doesn’t fit the players, every one of those players last night bar Wildsmith could reasonably be considered ‘regulars’.  So we shouldn’t really make out we were calling on reserves that never get a game.

1 hour ago, davey_wells said:

Keeping him in some blind hope that we're going to suddenly have the biggest turnaround of performances and results this division has ever seen is borderline insanity.

More money than sense - and no-one telling him otherwise. Apathy across the board - why is it good enough for DC and not us??

Would it be the biggest turnaround the division has ever seen or are you just saying that (genuine question), my knowledge of other teams is pretty pants but weren't Barnsley lower than we were a few seasons ago and ended up around the top 6ish (or have I just made that up?)

Not that Im saying we will do the same with how we are set up to play at the moment.

1 hour ago, doubled123456 said:

Bang on m8. How can happy clappers keep supporting him. CC has failed after wasting millions on players to sit, play out of position and useless tactics. I've supported Owls since Quixall and seen high and lows and this is dire after so much promise. I was on the Kop early 70's when Man City sents us into div 2 after trying to keep us up. The team forgot to tell City's sub not to score. I feel the same now as back then. 

You know, there are people on this site that do still support Carlos.  They have even given their reasons for doing so.  While I might not agree with them this name calling, this puerile ‘happy clappers’ bullshit really has to stop.  It’s absolutely pathetic.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

Why not make the decision now? Carlos is either going to leave at the end of the season or the chairman sees him as the best long term option next season and beyond. The rebuilding should begin in the next transfer window both from the perspective of offloading players and replacing them. The longer things go on like this, the more likely of yet another missed opportunity. 

I am certainly not a Carlos fan but I would rather the club close the uncertainty out right here, right now and start rebuilding for the future rather than leaving things hanging.

Totally agree with this.

Season is all but over, may as well start restructuring now.

Starting with Carlos.

24 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Not till the end of the season.

DC is not going to pay compo for sacking a manager and an entire back room staff (approx 12 people) for the sake of waiting the 5 months until all their contracts are up.

like it or not they’re here till May.

I have little doubt however that plans for replacements are at an advanced stage !

You pay a percentage of their contract up in compensation if you sack them. 

Why leave it a full 5 months and pay their full contract out when you know he is failing massively amd costing you money?

Blind faith and loyalty is good sometimes, but blind faith and loyalty can also destroy you if you don't accpet change when things are getting worse.

Both DC and CC are guilty of this. DC in his loyalty to Carlos at the cost to him, the club and fans.

CC in his blind loyalty to the likes of Wallace etc... Who provide nothing for the team.

Carlos needs to go for the good of the club and with best wishes and thanks from the fans. If you out stay your welcome things don't turn out so good and you become enemies - exactly were it is going. 

24 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

You know, there are people on this site that do still support Carlos.  They have even given their reasons for doing so.  While I might not agree with them this name calling, this puerile ‘happy clappers’ bullshit really has to stop.  It’s absolutely pathetic.

I hope you've equally been condemning the posters on the other side who have been doing such things as wishing cancer upon people who brought a 'Carlos out' banner to a game or calling people 'not true Wednesday fans' because they don't feel like they want to attend at this moment in time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mmmbop said:

But it is not just about yesterday though. We were lucky to have finished where we finished last year. It's been a steady decline since the play-off final

If we hadn't had injuries in the closing stages of the season, then we probably wouldn't have made the play-offs anyway.

Carlos would have done some shoehorning, as per, but the injuries forced his hand and we looked more balanced as a result.

Carlos should have gone 12 months ago in my opinion , however on the subject of now or the end of the season, it makes no sense to say , DC will wait due to not wanting to pay contracts up.

if CC still in charge, DC will lose far more in the way of season ticket sales...

Not to mention the insanity that CC remains in charge at our club. 

Guest Jack the Hat
33 minutes ago, Spookone said:

And we would have missed one of the best seasons of football at Hillsborough for around 15 years.

Or maybe gone up instead of surrendering at Wembley.

Just now, jimmy shoe said:

Carlos should have gone 12 months ago in my opinion , however on the subject of now or the end of the season, it makes no sense to say , DC will wait due to not wanting to pay contracts up.

if CC still in charge, DC will lose far more in the way of season ticket sales...

Not to mention the insanity that CC remains in charge at our club. 

Carlos was retained to have a third attempt at promotion, an attempt which is in tatters.

There's no sense in keeping Carlos until the end of the season, when he'll be going anyway.

Chansiri needs to give a new man half a season so he knows what he needs in the summer.