How can anyone defend him?

4 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

DC set him the target of getting us promoted within 2 seasons and he has failed. We are now into his third season and we are closer to the relegation positions than the playoffs

That target was a pipe dream and unnecessarily put pressure on the incoming head coach and Chansiri himself. It smacks of how naive Chansiri was/is about football. 

The guy has wasted millions on bang average players who he either leaves on the bench or are nowhere to be seen and he refuses to change his approach during matches
Cannot argue with that! Although some would say he's spent well but not got the best out of quality players (Rhodes and Abdi for example)

DC has provided him with every tool possible to make promotion happen yet under his management we are going backwards yet some fans still can't see it
Chansiri hasn't provided him with every tool, Daniel Pudil for example was apparently our 4th choice left back. And then we have the centre back debacle in both summers. Carlos has had a lot of spending money but he hasn't had everything he wanted. Some would argue that that's probably a good thing..!

He has been very fortunate. Not only has he kept his job after two failed promotion attempts but we haven't sold any of our better players
This is nonsense, in the first season we were an unknown quantity and nobody was questioning his position after the play off final, and rightly so. This summer many wanted to see him move on but when we've finished 6th then 4th it is understandable that Chansiri kept him on board and the majority of fans agreed at the time. This season you could argue he's been very fortunate, but not before now. 

Don't even get me started on his press conferences...
Ever since the Sheffield United game they've been cringeworthy, before that fans and media were lapping them up. 

I commend DC for his loyalty to Carlos, something you don't see often in football but he has to act NOW before it's too late

It's hard to disagree with this, all I can say is I'm pleased that I don't currently have my millions at stake on this!

Injuries have crippled us but all teams have to endure them. Carlos has repeatedly ranted on about two players for each position surely that is to cover and competition. He has clearly been involved in recruitment and now we the fans are seeing how bad that has been. I still can’t understand how FF waited until this season to have surgery when it was obvious that he was a crock at the end of last season? Many people at the club are making some horrendous decisions. Ticket prices, shirts etc. Very sad to see many season ticket holders not attending last night. Where I sat in R Block is normally full.

4 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

It's not about defending him but I don't get the glory some seem to be taking in destroying him.

He's become symbolic of everything else they hate in their sad, little lives.

“Glory in destroying him”

Dont be ridiculous.

The destruction is of his own making. His stubborn tactics and negativity have cost us another year in this league. 

Fans just want the players performing. And winning games. 

2 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

I hope you've equally been condemning the posters on the other side who have been doing such things as wishing cancer upon people who brought a 'Carlos out' banner to a game or calling people 'not true Wednesday fans' because they don't feel like they want to attend at this moment in time.

Yes I have, thank you for your concern.  But what a damning indictment that we now consider we have ‘sides’.  WAWAW indeed.

Edited by Big Malc

How can anyone defend him?

Lack of ambition and fear of change.

Having Carlos as our head coach is a bit like being in an abusive relationship; we all want him to change and see the errors of his ways, go back to how things were great when we first met and fell in love.  But deep down, you know that he’s milking us and if it carries on much longer, he will ruin us.

The bloke’s an expert bullsh*tter who has hoodwinked our gullible chairman, but our most savvy fans can see him for the awful manager that he is.  The results speak for themselves Carlos and they stink.  Thank god some of us haven’t been brainwashed by his spin.

All talk, no trousers.

Have courage DC and get rid of this bell*nd before we tailspin into the abyss.

Neg away bitchiz.

Edited by Slick.

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

your shouting for the monkey to be removed when the organ grinder is the problem, he'll just get another monkey ...........sure he's got shed loads of money and a lots come the clubs way but he hasn't got a clue in reality and I really don't see this ending well .

Im beginning to have the same feeling. Something is seriously wrong at the top . I honestly believe  Doyen saw a bloke with loads of money buy a football club with no idea how to run it and swooped and took advantage  . 

19 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Im beginning to have the same feeling. Something is seriously wrong at the top . I honestly believe  Doyen saw a bloke with loads of money buy a football club with no idea how to run it and swooped and took advantage  . 

you could well be right ......it's so bleeding obvious that we are going to clobbered by   FFP  sooner or later and when that happens the problem of who's the head coach will seem very trivial .I struggle to do my own budget so no expert but the money we are haemorrhaging must be horrendous .......no doubt doyen will be able to organise a fire sale of what playing  assets we have there other clients and hopefully after they have taken there cut they'll be some left for us to survive . 

The bottom line is whether you believe the squad is strong enough or not or whether there are too many senior players or not, not enough pace , physicality etc., etc. There is enough talent and experience for us to be far far more competitive than we currently are and the reason we aren’t is the current head coach. 

11 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I believe IIRC that Thai bloke seen a lot with Dejphon Chansiri in the early days of the takeover (Pete?) also had some connection between Doyen and the Venky's at Blackburn. Based on nothing but gut feeling, I envisage that Doyen have paid Pete off to get Chansiri on board.

Edited by ChinaOwl

12 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

“Glory in destroying him”

Dont be ridiculous.

The destruction is of his own making. His stubborn tactics and negativity have cost us another year in this league. 

Fans just want the players performing. And winning games. 

Spot on. No glory in being correct that we appointed a dud and wasted 3 years.

Just want the fraud out of the club as soon as the new guy is available, then we'll really see if this squad has any potential left.

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Spot on. No glory in being correct that we appointed a dud and wasted 3 years.

Just want the fraud out of the club as soon as the new guy is available, then we'll really see if this squad has any potential left.

I quite enjoyed the first 2 years winning games and challenging for the play offs cant dispute it's gone a bit pear shape this season though ......we'll have to wait and see who the replacement is and if he does any better ........i'd be interested in what you expect of the new bloke .6th & 4th hasn't cut carlos any slack with a lot on here and it will be a very tough job for his successor to better that in say the next 18 months . 

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I quite enjoyed the first 2 years winning games and challenging for the play offs cant dispute it's gone a bit pear shape this season though ......we'll have to wait and see who the replacement is and if he does any better ........i'd be interested in what you expect of the new bloke .6th & 4th hasn't cut carlos any slack with a lot on here and it will be a very tough job for his successor to better that in say the next 18 months . 

The new bloke has to sort this squad out before we end up in relegation fight. Way too old, way too imbalanced, and way too confused tactically.

Forget league position now for a season or two. That turkey has been well and truly basted by Carlos.

11 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bang on, couldn’t have put it better myself.

I have ambition for the club but direct my concerns at the only bloke who can full fill them .....every aspect of the club is on a downer and while carlos no doubt is playing a part in that I think the top man is more culpable .

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I have ambition for the club but direct my concerns at the only bloke who can full fill them .....every aspect of the club is on a downer and while carlos no doubt is playing a part in that I think the top man is more culpable .

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree over this one.

Although I think DC has got things wrong, I think a half decent manager would have this very talented group of players firmly in the playoff mix, then an awful lot of other stuff would just become a minor irriatation to the fans.

You get the product on the pitch right and everything else follows.

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

The new bloke has to sort this squad out before we end up in relegation fight. Way too old, way too imbalanced, and way too confused tactically.

Forget league position now for a season or two. That turkey has been well and truly basted by Carlos.

not sure how he can do that with the length of contract some of these are on .......I certainly wouldn't have a problem the club settling into mid table for the next two years if it meant it getting back to a sort of stability by releasing players when there contracts run out  but whether some others would be happy i'm not so sure ....I think it's pretty obvious we arnt going to be able to spend big money for a while and have very few saleable assets .who ever takes the job is taking on a tough situation 

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

not sure how he can do that with the length of contract some of these are on .......I certainly wouldn't have a problem the club settling into mid table for the next two years if it meant it getting back to a sort of stability by releasing players when there contracts run out  but whether some others would be happy i'm not so sure ....I think it's pretty obvious we arnt going to be able to spend big money for a while and have very few saleable assets .who ever takes the job is taking on a tough situation 

The squad is manageable for someone with experience. FF off the books in Jan gives us a bit if wiggle room, as does the loan market.

Hopefully we've also learned from our mistakes.

Rumours of the new man being another Doyen shoe in is a bit of a worry, but they can't all be duds surely.

Onwards and upwards once carlos goes. That's all we can do.

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree over this one.

Although I think DC has got things wrong, I think a half decent manager would have this very talented group of players firmly in the playoff mix, then an awful lot of other stuff would just become a minor irriatation to the fans.

You get the product on the pitch right and everything else follows.

but he cant do that can he , he was the one who appointed carlos ,he's the one who agrees the contracts , he's the one who spends the money .he's the one who if what we think is true being guided by an agency who's overriding aim to make themselves money ........