How can anyone defend him?

DC set him the target of getting us promoted within 2 seasons and he has failed. We are now into his third season and we are closer to the relegation positions than the playoffs

The guy has wasted millions on bang average players who he either leaves on the bench or are nowhere to be seen and he refuses to change his approach during matches

DC has provided him with every tool possible to make promotion happen yet under his management we are going backwards yet some fans still can't see it

He has been very fortunate. Not only has he kept his job after two failed promotion attempts but we haven't sold any of our better players

Don't even get me started on his press conferences...

I commend DC for his loyalty to Carlos, something you don't see often in football but he has to act NOW before it's too late

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

If we don't do it this season he will go...but DC is not going to sack him after we've lost by a single goal to the runaway leaders of the league who were scoring for fun against everyone else.

What do you mean IF ? 

It aint happening. we have no chance what so ever of going up under Carlos 

Keeping him in some blind hope that we're going to suddenly have the biggest turnaround of performances and results this division has ever seen is borderline insanity.

More money than sense - and no-one telling him otherwise. Apathy across the board - why is it good enough for DC and not us??

9 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

If we don't do it this season he will go...but DC is not going to sack him after we've lost by a single goal to the runaway leaders of the league who were scoring for fun against everyone else.

But it is not just about yesterday though. We were lucky to have finished where we finished last year. It's been a steady decline since the play-off final

Guest We Shall Overcome
39 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

DC set him the target of getting us promoted within 2 seasons and he has failed. We are now into his third season and we are closer to the relegation positions than the playoffs

The guy has wasted millions on bang average players who he either leaves on the bench or are nowhere to be seen and he refuses to change his approach during matches

DC has provided him with every tool possible to make promotion happen yet under his management we are going backwards yet some fans still can't see it

He has been very fortunate. Not only has he kept his job after two failed promotion attempts but we haven't sold any of our better players

Don't even get me started on his press conferences...

I commend DC for his loyalty to Carlos, something you don't see often in football but he has to act NOW before it's too late

The Chairman is as much to blame as his Coach, so lets stop making him out to be a saint, as he and his so called advisers, have headed a disastrous recruitment policy, including bringing in a coach who was inferior to Stuart Gray. 

26 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

What about losing to the bottom team who every other team score for fun against?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

It's not about defending him but I don't get the glory some seem to be taking in destroying him.

He's become symbolic of everything else they hate in their sad, little lives.

No one is really destroying him but his time is up

10 minutes ago, ZIMMY said:

The Chairman is as much to blame as his Coach, so lets stop making him out to be a saint, as he and his so called advisers, have headed a disastrous recruitment policy, including bringing in a coach who was inferior to Stuart Gray. 

Disagree. Mr C has ploughed millions into the club on the playing side and ground. But he must be being poorly advised which is a bit mind boggling for a successful business man. Whichever way you measure it, the team isn't performing to its potential and off the field the commercial side seems amatureish

Edited by doubleo

4 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

What about losing to the bottom team who every other team score for fun against?

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to go...I'm saying DC won't sack him after last night. Personally I think as soon as it's mathematically impossible for us to get in the play offs DC will announce that he will be looking for a new coach allowing CC to leave at the end of the season

39 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

At the moment 77 points is the projected total needed to get into the top 6 this season (based on current points per match).

We need to get 50 points in 24 matches to do that. It’s already over.

Nobody thinks they should sack him for losing to Wolves.  He should be sacked for getting 27 points from 22 matches.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to go...I'm saying DC won't sack him after last night. Personally I think as soon as it's mathematically impossible for us to get in the play offs DC will announce that he will be looking for a new coach allowing CC to leave at the end of the season

Id be more worried about being dragged into the bottom six if i was DC . Forget the play offs.