How can anyone defend him?

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Not till the end of the season.

DC is not going to pay compo for sacking a manager and an entire back room staff (approx 12 people) for the sake of waiting the 5 months until all their contracts are up.

like it or not they’re here till May.

I have little doubt however that plans for replacements are at an advanced stage !

I certainly hope so

DC is not going to pay compo for sacking a manager and an entire back room staff (approx 12 people) for the sake of waiting the 5 months until all their contracts are up.

I have little doubt however that plans for replacements are at an advanced stage !

I agree nothing is going to happen until end of the season at teh earliest. Again it all depends on how lengthy the contracts for the entire backroom staff including CC are for. What is possibly a bigger concern is how much involvement will Doyen have in any new manager and staff coming in. DC is not at all experienced in football. That is a major concern. Blackburn for example. 

Here until May regardless of league position though? Think about it. We're moving steadily downwards. Our form is crap. I sincerely believe there are 3 worse teams than us, but that's not how it works.

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

It's not about defending him but I don't get the glory some seem to be taking in destroying him.

He's become symbolic of everything else they hate in their sad, little lives.

People care and want the best for this football club. What would be best is for the manager to leave. We’re not complaining for the hell of it, are we? 

8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

People care and want the best for this football club. What would be best is for the manager to leave. We’re not complaining for the hell of it, are we? 

There's complaining and there's looking for any tiny angle or simply just making stuff up as well as just pure vitriol and nastiness.

He's a football manager who is struggling and that's where it should end.

I was a big Carlos fan and have defended him, and personally I think it was right to give him a third (and final) go at it, no matter what anyone says he got us to the play offs 2 seasons running, as a chairman why wouldn't you think with a few new players he may well manage it the third time? - it would have been crazy in my opinion for him to bring someone else in.

I do however think it's no longer working for him here, not sure he will leave before the end of the season, a continuation of the current unadventurous football and a loss to Utd may well force him out due to fan power, and failure to finish top 6 will see him go in any case.

I do think that some of the comments aimed at a man that mostly the same people were holding up as King Carlos a season and a half ago and brought us one of the best seasons I can remember is very sad.

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

There's complaining and there's looking for any tiny angle or simply just making stuff up as well as just pure vitriol and nastiness.

I don’t care for the “inside info” as it’s usually just pish, but on the field it is very alarming and fans aren’t going to ignore that. At any football club in any decade it has been the same, this is how football is

hes struggling and that’s where it should end doesn’t really make sense to me. So we just suck this up for however long he’s here, accepting defeats and pathetic performances whilst paying through the roof 

I’m literally flabbergasted some fans are content with this 

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Are you for real?

Yeah let's just sit back and accept it, loss after loss, excuse after excuse

Let's not be mean to Carlos or hurt his feelings

I think you need to grow a pair

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Are you for real?

Yeah let's just sit back and accept it, loss after loss, excuse after excuse

Let's not be mean to Carlos or hurt his feelings

I think you need to grow a pair

So what will hurling personal assaults about him on a forum achieve?

Great to see fans using insults stolen from the pigs

1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

So what will hurling personal assaults about him on a forum achieve?

Great to see fans using insults stolen from the pigs

Where have I insulted Carlos?

All i've said is his time is up. He's wasted millions, he's been fortunate not to have been sacked and we are closer to relegation than the playoffs

What is the point of a forum if people aren't allowed to voice an opinion?

your shouting for the monkey to be removed when the organ grinder is the problem, he'll just get another monkey ...........sure he's got shed loads of money and a lots come the clubs way but he hasn't got a clue in reality and I really don't see this ending well .

6 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Where have I insulted Carlos?

All i've said is his time is up. He's wasted millions, he's been fortunate not to have been sacked and we are closer to relegation than the playoffs

What is the point of a forum if people aren't allowed to voice an opinion?

Neither me or sob2 are saying don’t debate the subject but the vitriol gets nasty at times.

So keep debating the subject and Carlos should have went in the summer imo

23 minutes ago, torryowl said:

your shouting for the monkey to be removed when the organ grinder is the problem, he'll just get another monkey ...........sure he's got shed loads of money and a lots come the clubs way but he hasn't got a clue in reality and I really don't see this ending well .

Well, the longer this goes on, the more you have to question what Chansiri is exactly doing. 

I mean we are plummeting at the moment and as long as Carlos stays in charge it will only get worse, unfortunately. 

Sky panned to him (Chansiri) last night and we are one nil down and his mate sat next to him was laughing and smiling. Have we just given up this season? Or have we just give up period? Is Carlos being kept on out of stubbornness and a refusal to admit that he got something wrong? Or is there more at play here (Doyen etc)? 

Not good. 

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Well, the longer this goes on, the more you have to question what Chansiri is exactly doing. 

I mean we are plummeting at the moment and as long as Carlos stays in charge it will only get worse, unfortunately. 

Sky panned to him (Chansiri) last night and we are one nil down and his mate sat next to him was laughing and smiling. Have we just given up this season? Or have we just give up period? Is Carlos being kept on out of stubbornness and a refusal to admit that he got something wrong? Or is there more at play here (Doyen etc)? 

Not good. 

not good at all ......i'm loathe to criticise the bloke coz i'm sure he's doing what he thinks is best but he's way off beam in truth . it's a shame coz with his money and someone who knows how to run a football club I think we'd have been prem bound if not there already ...to spend 60-70-80 million quid on a club at our level and feck it up takes some doing but he's well on the way .......I really think it  goes a lot deeper than change the  coach and everything will ok .